• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homophobe Kim Davis in Romania to help ban gay marriage

Kimawolf

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...e-in-romania/ar-AAtmEDH?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Kim Davis, Once Jailed in America, Campaigns Against Gay Marriage in Romania
www.msn.com
Her trip was organized by Liberty Counsel, a conservative research group that represented her when she was held in 2015 for contempt of court.

The Kentucky official who was jailed in 2015 for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples has been advocating against gay marriage this week thousands of miles from home — in Romania, where a movement to outlaw such unions has gained momentum.

Few people in Romania appear to know about the case of Kim Davis, the clerk for Rowan County, Ky., but local gay and transgender rights groups were unhappy about her visit. Some described her as a foreign interloper who had violated the laws in her own country.
Same-sex marriage is not permitted in Romania, but conservatives there have waged a battle to explicitly prohibit it, via a constitutional amendment

Romania you can keep her please. We don't want her here. Also wow a constitutional amendment? I imagine some in the states would like that as well. Luckily for gay folk we won't go that far at least i hope.

Just imagine how much good could be accomplished if everyone who wasn't a discriminating backwards fuck spent this level of energy advocating for what's right.

A reminder that this is far from harmless. People like Kim Davis travel all over the world and get draconian and inhumane laws against gay people passed. Almost all of Africa's death penalty laws are because of US evangelical preachers using theit money and power to make it so.

It's staggering ad well that this won't dispell the notion that she doesn't hate gay people she just doesn't agree that they should get married

This woman traveled to another continent to espouse this crap.

adj_noun

Her trip was organized by Liberty Counsel, a conservative research group that represented her when she was held in 2015 for contempt of court.

How does banning gay marriage increase anyone's liberty

Let's check their site

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis and Harry Mihet, Liberty Counsel's Vice President of Legal Affairs and Chief Litigation Counsel, are visiting Romania this week to discuss the impact of same-sex “marriage” on religious liberty and freedom of conscience.

Ah. Religious liberty.

jb1234

It's really revolting to me that these people believe they're doing this out of love. I was doing a Google search for something unrelated and an article came out asking for advice because a friend is "getting gay married and should I go?"

The answers basically boiled down to: Nope. Explain to them why, tell them that you love them and are praying that they'll find their way back to God.

*barf*

hobozero

I heard that when people are paid to do a job they should shut up and do what they are told and not bring their personal politics into it or they should be fired.

Oh wait, that was kneeling NFL players... Guess Kim gets a pass.

G0523

I heard that when people are paid to do a job they should shut up and do what they are told and not bring their personal politics into it or they should be fired.

Oh wait, that was kneeling NFL players... Guess Kim gets a pass.

Don't forget, she refused to do a government job and got praised for it. Even though she herself was married and divorced four times. But a football athlete does a peaceful protest and people's heads explode. And now this shit. Romania can keep her.

Dali

Conservatives have really twisted certain words to have a negative connotation now. Anytime i hear "liberty," "patriot," "heritage," et cetera in a groups name I instantly assume they are a bunch of douchebags.

Jesus, if these fucks cared half as much about something constructive as they do about them damn gays, they'd be Nobel prize winners.

I hate humanity

cameron

America's Taliban spreading their filth. Kim is a worthless nobody who refused to do her job and denied couples their legal right to marry. Talibangelicals elevated her as some patriotic religious liberty hero.

Mr. Gheorghiu, of the Coalition for Family, described Ms. Davis as “a good” and “humble” person, and said her visit was “the consequence of intolerance and abusive minority dictate.”
Ayy... keep thumping, Gheorghiu.

Little Mons†er;251830571 said:
I don’t understand why people love to deprive others of happiness?

Because they hate people who aren't like them and they don't actually follow the teachings of Christ despite using the Bible to push their beliefs on others.

DonShula

Had forgotten about this denim-smock-wearing bitch completely. Clicked on the thread trying to figure out who she was. At first I guessed she was a Real Housewife.

Just imagine how much good could be accomplished if everyone who wasn't a discriminating backwards fuck spent this level of energy advocating for what's right.

Yeah, makes you think a lot to be honest. Sad that we live in a world where people feel it's a valid political opinion making other life's miserable/ fighting for less rights for groups of people.

Fuck them.

Astral Dog

Little Mons†er;251830571 said:
I don’t understand why people love to deprive others of happiness?
Fuck got mine stuff.

Makes easier to deprive others of humanity, ignorance, fear (of being punished), sexism.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Meanwhile, gay marriage in our country is recognised on a constitutional basis. I'd like to see her try her business here.

*ends moral grandstanding*

Top Bottom