• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kentucky Senate approves bill creating separate marriage license forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekdrm2d1

giphy.gif

Keep it classy Kentucky.

Aurongel

Ahh yes, Kentucky!

Apparently they didn't mind being on the wrong side of history the last time they used the phrase "seperate but equal" to justify bigotry.

"Quite frankly, it's almost disrespectful to the traditional family," said Republican state Sen. John Schickel of Union.
It's "almost" disrespectful to the "traditional" family, so you're going to be fully disrespectful to the "non-traditional" family to make up for it?

That's' why, wisely, we decided to have two forms.
There's nothing wise about this blatantly unconstitutional act. Have Kentucky textbooks eliminated the phrase "separate but equal" from their vocabulary?

That has nothing to do with bigotry, nothing to do with discrimination. It has to do with the vast majority of Kentuckians that respect traditional marriage.

Translation:
That has everything to do with bigotry, everything to do with discrimination. It has to do with the vast majority of Kentuckians that respect religious conservatives' right to disrespect people who are different.

Ekai

Can Republicans just fuck off forever? Please.

It's "almost" disrespectful to the "traditional" family, so you're going to be fully disrespectful to the "non-traditional" family to make up for it?

There's nothing wise about this blatantly unconstitutional act. Have Kentucky textbooks eliminated the phrase "separate but equal" from their vocabulary?

Translation:

Basically this.

Another Kentuckian chiming in. I can't say I've ever felt any pride in living here but I'm certainly ashamed of it sometimes.

Don't be so hard on your state. Y'all make some excellent whiskey, and you're home to one of the best derbies this side of England. And... yeah, way too many bigots. That shit sucks. Sorry man.

"Separate equal: it's only illegal when it pertains to race right?" Fucking A Kentucky.

I actually really would like to hear the thought process of someone that thinks gay marriage is disrespectful towards traditional marriage. I just don't see why the two can't coexist.

The Kentucky House is Democratic, right? So I doubt it actually passes. But either way, republicans going to repub and fight for hate and bigotry.

RPGCrazied

And this is why we can't have a Republican President. First chance they get they will get rid of same sex marriage. I literally heard those words from Cruz's mouth on TV today.

Sorry dumbass conservative states; you had your chance at Civil Unions and rejected it. Fuck off and accept full-on Marriage.

Assholes.

HylianTom

Banned
The moment the ink dries on this bill is the moment a suit is filed in court.

If the Republicans want to continue hate-fucking this chicken, by all means, be my guest. But we all know that this dies at Anthony Kennedy's hands. The only way this survives is if one of the Obergefell 5 is replaced by a Republican.

Raxus

Hey fellow Kentuckians.

Congrats on voting in Matt Shitstain Bevin. You get what you vote for.

Dismantling ACA for KY, Same sex discrimination is trying to get through and he is suing Planned Parenthood despite getting documents saying they could continue abortion procedures.

You guys wonder why every election counts.

MGrant

This is a totally legal move, because everyone knows there isn't a fourteenth amendment, only a second one.

Conservatives read/hear this and think it means "Keep all non-Christian religions out of the fucking government" because after all, Jesus himself founded the US in 1776.

You're forgetting only the right kinds of Christians, Evangelicals and some, not many, Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox and Mormons (except in Utah) and every other denomination can just fuck right off.

I just don't understand. Is this that hard? Separation of fucking church and state. The fact that we have people in a goddamn democratic society doing their damn best to make sure they interfere with what should be just basic common fucking sense blows my mind.

There is no reason, not in this day and age, that the LGBT community has to fight for basic rights like marriage and such. Hell there is no reason period for pretty much all of the racial and sexual discrimination in this country.

We should be beyond this. We should be tackling bigger issues like world hunger, global climate change, and and the overall globalization of this world and bringing small third world countries in to the modern age. Instead we are bickering about who can get married together...just don't fucking understand.

Vinland

Banned
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego carried out the tasks of the non-Hebrew king and were his favorite of his workers. They weren't thrown into the fire because they wouldn't collect taxes that were too much to bear or put people in prison for not paying them. They were high officials in his court appointed by the king himself. They were good at their job and the job was to serve the King. They wouldn't bend their knees in worship of ol' Nebu and so they were tossed into the flame.

This is one of the Old Testament Pillars of the Christ, as it is presumed it was Christ who saved the the 3 young men. So why dont these publically appointed officials who are charged with upholding the constitution act like Christians according to tenants of the faith and save the state money like good stewards and defend the rights of all their constituents. The laws they make aren't worship, that is their job. JOB.

It's as if faith is a war banner and not self enlightenment. The taking up of being offended instead of tolerance. Such a perversion of a faith it's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom