• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Screenshot Thread

RiverKwai

17097548_10154425607942776_2148400917000646971_o.jpg

17038488_10154425607932776_4493029862358920156_o.jpg

Since it came up earlier in the thread, I threw the 2 images side by side with some fun info:
sixteenyearsc99e8.png

*edit...fixed spelling error >_<

Aki Ross was around 500K polys which was much.at that time We aren't that far from reaching such polycount in current AAA games.

Jeepers. Should probably leave this thread alone now.

I knew Cauldrons existed and that they were "future-y", but are those shots spoilerific at all? Simple yes or no would be great. Cheers!

Jaroof

HorizonZeroDawn_20170304025227.png

HorizonZeroDawn_20170304025413.png

Man, I'm gonna have to start increasing the brightness for some of these night pics. They look fine on my TV, then I lose a lot of detail when I upload them.

valkyre

The game looks unreal. However I noticed that they overuse the "fog" effect during daytime. Sometimes rarely, this effect is not pronounced and you see everything in the distance and its simply breathtaking.

But they generally overuse it, why is that?

dr guildo

The game looks unreal. However I noticed that they overuse the "fog" effect during daytime. Sometimes rarely, this effect is not pronounced and you see everything in the distance and its simply breathtaking.

Because they wanted to showcase their new tech, ray marched fog...

Think it fits the setting. It's a post apocalyptic world so deserts will have loads of dust, and forests, mountain areas will have heavy fog set in them.

I have to say it now... XD Aloy's model is amazing, but her hairline bothers me. Why are there some hairs located about 1cm down her forehead. That looks a little weird. About 5mm down would have looked much better and more natural.

When people complain about 5mm unnatural hairline in your game... You know you did it right.

dr guildo

I haven't experienced night time for the moment in the game, but I think I will fall off my chair when I will have access to photomode !!

I have to say it now... XD Aloy's model is amazing, but her hairline bothers me. Why are there some hairs located about 1cm down her forehead. That looks a little weird. About 5mm down would have looked much better and more natural.

I agree, it does look a bit weird :p
Still, her model is amazing indeed, especially since that was captured ingame and not during a cutscene.

There is a bit of an obvious AF filter "stepping" if you really pay attention to it.

It's mostly not apparent because of fog or foliage in the way though.

At the same time using fog liberally and then revealing the terrain occasionally kind of gives you that "breathtaking" feeling each time you do get to see it, so I don't mind it so much.

Top Bottom