• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Machines Videos

Cool!! looking forward to play it myself , but not on release. I need to get a PS4 first :(
Yeah, I already have a PS4 but I want that performance boost for games down the road. I won't be getting a PS5 at launch (I never buy consoles at launch) so the PRo will do me good for the next 4-5 years.

Are you planning to get a Slim or Pro?

Those robots are so really well designed that they need a model viewer ingame showing all parts, weapons, weak points like in those videos.

X-Frame

No flying mounts. You can "hack" all the robot creatures. We don't know what most of "hacks" do.

If they can't be mounted then at least maybe they can be a guardian angel and fly above scouting for danger and swooping down to attack enemies that Aloy comes into contact with. That'd be badass too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Behemoth is way cooler than I thought it would be. Wasn't expecting those badass gravity attacks. Is Dusty chilling in those transport pods?

Those robots are so really well designed that they need a model viewer ingame showing all parts, weapons, weak points like in those videos.

Yes please. I want to really study these designs. They're so intricate and well done.

Said it in the other thread, but the games review copy is 45gb and embargo lifts on the 20th.

jesus, i have 10 days to beat Nioh before getting caught in the hype or dont visit any HZD thread lol

CspwwGL.gif

GR2waterglobs.gif

i really dig his special attack

btw, i didnt realize Thunderjaw's discs exploded and those lasers were for targeting purposes. i had it all backwards until the 120382th time i looked at those gifs

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like how the base enemies look as complex, if not more so, than actual bosses in other games. Its really impressive in the diversity of attacks for each robo alone and then compared to all the others in the game. The fact they look so good and seem to have a very aggressive and well thought AI system only adds to my excitement.

Loudninja

The Behemoth is way cooler than I thought it would be. Wasn't expecting those badass gravity attacks. Is Dusty chilling in those transport pods?

Yes please. I want to really study these designs. They're so intricate and well done.
Yep for not being made for battle it has some amazing attacks.

Like Elandyll said a Scout Class is possible, think the Glinthawk,Stalker and the Watcher would be part of it.

Kureransu

Like Elandyll said a Scout Class is possible, think the Glinthawk,Stalker and the Watcher would be part of it.
It's gotta defend itself somehow :)

I absolutely love this. I hope this game turns out to be everything it needs to be to be a new franchise.

That said, and ti may be too early to tell, for a sequel would you prefer it follow Aloy on another adventure, or just keep and expand the world, just with a different protagonist?

In my opinion it will depend on who is the actual star of the game is. The world itself, or Aloy and how she interacts with it.

vivekTO

Guerrilla confirmed that there is no Ingame model viewer , but you can use photo mode for that. They might patched it in via free DLC.

That said, and ti may be too early to tell, for a sequel would you prefer it follow Aloy on another adventure, or just keep and expand the world, just with a different protagonist?

In my opinion it will depend on who is the actual star of the game is. The world itself, or Aloy and how she interacts with it.

Its too early to say anything, But i am Confident that The world would be different, based on the Tech they are using. I think Aloy will remain the Main lead.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
The why they did these machine was pretty awesome. The amount of attacks they have and there movement is off the chart for me.

I am excited to give this a try.

jayu26

No flying mounts. You can "hack" all the robot creatures. We don't know what most of "hacks" do.

If they can't be mounted then at least maybe they can be a guardian angel and fly above scouting for danger and swooping down to attack enemies that Aloy comes into contact with. That'd be badass too.
Now that I think about it harder, one time boss robots might not be hackable (for oblivious reasons). But it be cool if you could hack them for a short time. Turn their weapons on themselves for 15secs or something. High risk high reward type situation.

Kureransu

Guerrilla confirmed that there is no Ingame model viewer , but you can use photo mode for that. They might patched it in via free DLC.

Its too early to say anything, But i am Confident that The world would be different, based on the Tech they are using. I think Aloy will remain the Main lead.

Yeah i know it was a bit premature, but that's an interesting take, you think that it's a chance the world would evolve and it'll be Aloy on a new adventure...

I guess we'll see when we see how this story comes to an end.

vivekTO

Yeah i know it was a bit premature, but that's an interesting take, you think that it's a chance the world would evolve and it'll be Aloy on a new adventure...

I guess we'll see when we see how this story comes to an end.

The world will be Definitely Evolved , we might see Some Water based locations which are non existence in the current map.
But for sure Aloy will remain the main character. I think she will be the new mascot for Sony.

vivekTO

Does anyone know if you can hack multiple robots? It would be neat if one could roam around with like three watchers.

Yeah ok Let just come down people :p
I don't think so , there are no command system in place and that be too much for Ai to handle.

Two promising excerpts

"One thing is immediately clear from the moment you get your hands on a controller: the combat is intense and deeply tactical. It's a far cry from the heavily refined (yet ultimately tiresome) combat systems found in the Batman Arkham and Assassins Creed games, far more fluid and intuitive than the heavily scripted systems of The Witcher and Dragon Age, precise in a way that Skyrim could only dream of. Horizon Zero Dawn might be branded an action-RPG, but it often feels like an action game first"

How in the flying fuck can anyone look at this and honestly come away thinking that is just some trite Far Cry clone?
The only legit use of the words far cry are found there lol

cheesekao

I don't think so , there are no command system in place and that be too much for Ai to handle.
Why would it be too much? Doesn't hacking a bot simply make it hit enemies and not you? It's not a deal breaker but having a small army of bots at your disposal would be a sight to behold.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Two promising excerpts

"One thing is immediately clear from the moment you get your hands on a controller: the combat is intense and deeply tactical. It's a far cry from the heavily refined (yet ultimately tiresome) combat systems found in the Batman Arkham and Assassins Creed games, far more fluid and intuitive than the heavily scripted systems of The Witcher and Dragon Age, precise in a way that Skyrim could only dream of. Horizon Zero Dawn might be branded an action-RPG, but it often feels like an action game first"

"What continues to surprise us is just how deep Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be. It's a game that requires you to think your way into every combat and situation and then, subsequently, to victory. Whether you choose to shoot off armor to expose enemy weak points - making use of traps, your bow and numerous arrow variations to make precise shots - or you decide to shoot weapons off the larger enemies and turn them on the machines, it will force the smart AI to reach in new and interesting ways"

That's some high fucking praise...

I am wondering when are Sony going to release 2160p videos for this game. They only did it once at the PS Meeting when revealing the PS4 PRO.

I don't think they want to show of PRO gameplay, it would just make people doubt on which version they are seeing in action. I rather watch OG PS4 gameplay and salivate to my content when I get a PS4 Pro soon.

jayu26

Why would it be too much? Doesn't hacking a bot simply make it hit enemies and not you? It's not a deal breaker but I having a small army of bots at your disposal would be a sight to behold.
Well, if the focus is on Alloy's (challenging) fights against robot then the gameplay designers might have issues with her having an army and nerfing the challenge. Tech guys might have issues with that because it could potentially murder the framerate.

The wait is almost over!!! These videos aren't helping me with the wait tho. This is my dream game, I'll have to push back playing Zelda for this

vivekTO

Why would it be too much? Doesn't hacking a bot simply make it hit enemies and not you? It's not a deal breaker but having a small army of bots at your disposal would be a sight to behold.

Just speculating!! I mean you can't have two mounts at a time as you will have one at your disposable at any given moment, so there might be some limitations like that. maybe there will be multiple hacks but it is not confirmed.

cheesekao

Well, if the focus is on Alloy's (challenging) fights against robot then the gameplay designers might have issues with her having an army and nerfing the challenge. Tech guys might have issues with that because it could potentially murder the framerate.
Right, I didn't consider how it might affect the frame-rate if you have too many bots.

Just speculating!! I mean you can't have two mounts at a time as you will have one at your disposable at any given moment, so there might be some limitations like that. maybe there will be multiple hacks but it is not confirmed.
I can see how it'll be a problem with mounts since there's only one whistle. Still, I hope that there'll be a quest specific upgrade of sorts that allows one to hack multiple watchers since they're small and not that threatening.

Isn't one of the devs that Guerrilla hired the one who help make the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor?. I could see him putting in something of the sorts.

Stalker and Watcher, yes. Glinthawk I reckon will be either Acquisition or Transport class as it appears to be a scavenger like the Scrappers.

Skux

Salivating seeing that Stormbird combat and realising it's not classified as the most dangerous threat in Horizon...

Skux

Can't wait to see Shellwalkers handing their cargo over to Behemoths. It'll be like watching a nature documentary and seeing these animals in the wild haha

KZObsessed

Love that you can shoot the hinges off the container and have the Behemoth drop it. I presume you can then loot it and get the fuck out of there.

Top Bottom