• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did you find GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanod

when is my burrito
The illustrious "Luke Smith" of 1up lore.

That and looking for a Playstation 3.

Actually, I found a lot of the gaming sites from 1up news links that I look at now like *******.com, ******.com, gamasutra. The rest I look at came from reading slashdot.

Uncle

It was the only good gaming forum that wasn't blocked where I worked at the time. Although to be fair, the site was kinda blocked. IIRC gaming-age.com/forums didn't work, but ga-forums.com did (or something like that).

Edit: now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I was looking for E3 info, when I noticed that the forum wasn't blocked.

I saw several mentions of GAF on Gamespot's and IGN's forums. I never really thought it was a forum, so I didn't start coming over til about 2002. When I saw this place wasn't riddled with stupid quotes and signatures, I was hooked.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I dunno, sometime after Bernie Stolar left Sega and before Sega Blast City exploded, I stumbled upon a link. It was totally different looking, but immediately caught my attention and I joined. I can't believe I've been posting here since 1999. >_<

I found it through gamefaqs. Some guy always posted game news from the gaming age forums, so I skipped the middleman and came here. Good thing to, the maturity level is much higher here

bud

I saw gaf mentioned in a magazine which had a little articble about a gaf thread. It was about people photoshopping gaming characters into movie scenes.

I can't find the thread :(

aurto511

I actually found the OT first, following a link to the 'do not shave your ass hair' story someone posted, then after that I read about PD's brazilian girl hair adventure. Even though I was like 'wtf is this place!?', I was sold. Only after browsin around OT did i find that there was a gaming forum as well so that sealed the deal.

Bud said:
I saw gaf mentioned in a magazine which had a little articble about a gaf thread. It was about people photoshopping gaming characters into movie scenes.

I can't find the thread :(

dude....

DUDE

I came in this thread to reply the EXACT SAME THING. It was from the magazine Power Unlimited in Holland. There was a picture of Ken doing a whirlkick in the air photoshopped into the final scene of The Karate Kid.

I found it through a Gamespot article or newspiece. They linked a post where someone posted pictures of their microwave or something. I think the person was comparing the new small model of PS2 to the old one. I couldn't find the post on search. It had like 60,000 individual views. I was one of those.

When ImagineMedia's Next-Generation.com forum went down, when my homies Greg, GSblues, Mitiphane, et. at. still spoke at game-assault.com with not the regular rhythm I was used to, I reluctantly went here, trolls and all.

I really miss NextGeneration's forums. ...but now I've got you guys to entertain me and (sometimes) share tech advice.

Ex:
WRT54G/WRT54GS meyhem
laptops
randym crap

I look forward to talking more about SnesMulDS and other DS non-native apps. Not every Supercard owner is a DS pirate, matie.

So what keeps me here? I haven't found any place better. You are one one of my digital homes, GAF.

P.S. I miss Sven talking in third person. He seemed happy to talk when I called him, when he was still working for Imagine in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom