• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you respond when someone tells you "Have a blessed one"?

HAYA8U5A

Have never heard that before but would just go with, "You Too" and be on with my day not caring what somebody said
Shoulder Shrug GIF

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
That reminded me a couple of years ago when I was training new employees and said "I wanna thank you guys for..." and a young woman cut me off blurting out "I'M NOT A GUY!!"

I just replied "Go burn your bra somewhere else and let's go get some lunch."

Back to the original topic yeah there's no need to be confrontational or start a lengthy debate just because someone wished you well 😀

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
That reminded me a couple of years ago when I was training new employees and said "I wanna thank you guys for..." and a young woman cut me off blurting out "I'M NOT A GUY!!"

Back to the original topic yeah there's no need to be confrontational or start a lengthy debate just because someone wished you well 😀
Honest question, you think casually saying "Oh, I'm not a believer" is confrontational?"

Last edited:

nush

Ok... Guys and Gal.

"I'M NON BINARY!!" Reeee

The ride never ends.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My fellow dirtbags is a good alternate.

I had someone at work claim dude was gendered so I made them watch this. Got an eye roll in return but they haven’t complained since.

Lasha

I was expecting these passive aggressive replies thanks for not disappointing. Funny thing that, I'm not either I just say it so that they see we're "normal" people just like them.

I'll be aggressive if you prefer. The fact that you are offended because somebody wishes you well in a way that you don't like speaks volumes to your immaturity as a person. Deep down you know this because you came to a forum to get validation since posing this question to any regular group of people would be embarrassing.

The correct response to any boilerplate well wishing anywhere on Earth is "thanks, you too". If a Bavarian greets you with "gruss gott" would you tell them you aren't a believer before greeting them? Do you immediately expose your religious beliefs if somebody says "bless you" when you sneeze? When somebody tells you their hopes and prayers are with you do you tell them off? Why are you so focused on semantics instead of the message?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I'll be aggressive if you prefer. The fact that you are offended
Snip. Herein lies the fault in your argument. I am not offended despite your claims. I'm not rude or mean when I say "Oh, I'm not a believer". I just want to normalize not being religious but I see that's an uphill battle going by some of these replies. No worries honestly did not expect such replies over such an innocuous comment.

Last edited:

Pejo

"Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.'"

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
If you replied that to me I would just go on my merry way but yes it opens the door for debate.
You are not aggressive in that reply yet there's a bait or jab at that other person's beliefs.
I say it all the time. And have never heard anyone say, "hey! No thanks, I'm an athiest."

My jab would be: Congratulations? Want a cookie?

Yeah, it opens a door for jabs. Similar to if you said "Merry Christmas" and some repsonds with: Nope. Happy holidays! Respect muh atheism." I doubt anyone would really say that though.

My sister's an athriest and says Merry Christmas and 'thanks' if you send prayers or blessings.

Lasha

You're sea
Snip. Herein lies the fault in your argument. I am not offended despite your claims. I'm not rude or mean when I say "Oh, I'm not a believer". I just want to normalize not being religious but I see that's an uphill battle going by some of these replies. No worries honestly did not expect such replies over such an innocuous comment.

We aren't having an argument. A benign conversation form bothered you enough to feel like you had a need to correct the behavior then tell the internet what you did. The correct word for that is offended since you're so stuck up on semantics. It's your business if you want to be an asshole to people. Just know that you are normalizing the stereotype of atheists being dicks instead of whatever goal you think you're accomplishing.

Jsisto

“May your blade chip and shatter!” I then use my thumper to summon Shai Hulud, mount him with my maker hooks and disappear into the desert while they ponder the error of their words.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
You're sea

We aren't having an argument. A benign conversation form bothered you enough to feel like you had a need to correct the behavior then tell the internet what you did. The correct word for that is offended since you're so stuck up on semantics. It's your business if you want to be an asshole to people. Just know that you are normalizing the stereotype of atheists being dicks instead of whatever goal you think you're accomplishing.
So you know better than me how I feel? Ok. That's not how it works I'm done replying to you.

Top Bottom