• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How does Rainbow 6 control like?

Kingpen

Is Rainbow 6 series like GRAW? Or does it have more complex controls (in my opinion) like Splinter Cell series....

Is it high paced action like GRAW? Or is it slower paced action and tactical like splinter cell?

Basially I'm wondering if Rainbow six series is for me? I like games like GRAW, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid, etc...

I never have liked splinter cell series at all, so I am wondering how much rainbow six is like it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
What?

It's more like GRAW than SC. It's first person (with 3rd person cover elements).

Go watch some of the available gameplay vids.

Kingpen

it honestly seems to have a ton of that stealth gameplay, which isn't bad, but it isn't what I am looking for either at this moment... That is why I get the impression it could be like splinter cell, only with you controlling a team...

Anamoly

If you are referring to last gen, R6 on the Xbox isn't really anything like splinter cell aside from being in the clancy-verse. And i suppose its not really like any of the recent Ghost Recon games either for that matter. Its an fps that emphasizes room to room team oriented tactics rather than a straight up commando run and gun. You choose your weapons at the beginning of each mission and you work away through the map completing objectives. Unlike GRAW and other shooters you cannot pick up or collect weapons and ammo off the ground so you have to use whatever equipment you selected at the start of the mission effectively. They may not be for everyone, but the R6 games, especially in multiplayer are great fun.

Kingpen

okay... that is what I was looking to hear about... Thanks for the response! I'll look forward to it if it is GRAW + indoors...

it used to be hard as shit. ie no regenrative health or health packs. you got shot 2-3 times you were dead. the controls are simple just in addition to the fps controls you use the dpad or mic to execute some team commands. its not any more complicated than graw

if one of my teammates isnt named dieter in this one ill be pissed, that guy is so awesome

Top Bottom