• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How sluggish will the Gta 6 controls be?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I really really hate how slow every action in RDR2.

Thats why i HATE PICKING UP ITEMS in the game.

bbeach123

I really really hate how slow every action in RDR2.

Thats why i HATE PICKING UP ITEMS in the game.
Its not only slow , its lock you into a long animation . Like how you sit in bethesida game , its un-fcking-bearable trying to sit in starfield too .

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If it's sluggish I'll wait for a sale. And yes I dropped TLGuardian and RDR2 because of that. That shit REALLY gets on my nerves.

Last edited:

Stafford

Check the leaks from last year. Seemed fine to me. But then I also had no issues at all with RDR2 either. I appreciate the feeling of weight to character movement. Whereas in some games it feels super cheap like AC Origins.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Terrible controls are the primary reason I have never completed a GTA game. They're just an exercise in frustration for me.

Hudo

If they haven't learnt anything from RDR2 then they will be even worse than that because they go even harder into animation priority without adjusting the gameplay for it.
I do hope they have realized that they're making a video game and it should respond to my inputs when I make them. Also, I don't need to have an elaborate animation for every little thing, especially if you do that thing often (picking up stuff, for example). RDR2 was full of animations that look good the first couple of times but get annoying fast when I played it.

I'm not a huge fan of GTA V but I'm hoping for similar controls.

The worst part of RDR2 is the controls and the insistence on "realism" aka watching the same long ass animations over and over. I hope none of that makes it through.

Best case scenario is integrating some of the more immersive parts from the best GTA game (IV) into a GTA V style game. Just not the driving lol.

Top Bottom