• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How have white Xbox One controllers held up?

AppleBlade

I got a Series S for the living room. This is where my two kids and friends and family will play on. I need to get 3 additional controllers and I like the look of the white controllers however I am a little concerned that I will regret the choice due to the controllers looking dingy and dirty over time.

Can anyone with first-hand experience with the white Xbox One controllers tell me how they held up over time? My kids are 7 and 9 and they are not slobs but I know eventually a handful of chips or a cookie will be eaten while gaming on occasion.

Am I crazy to consider white? Black is boring and I don't want to go the crazy color route. Thoughts?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i've had my white xb1 controller for about a year now. the white hasn't got any discolouration. looks good....i mean it's got obvious signs of use but you'd get the same with any other controller colour.

don't worry about it. just get whatever colour you want and give it a wipe down if it gets too messy.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's still white, from 2015, same with the console. I got that Sunset Overdrive white OG Xbox.

SkylineRKR

Why does the color of a rechargeable battery you never see matter? The battery cover is still white.

I thought it replaced the cover. My last Xbox was a 360 but not even sure about that, lol. Will order one, then. thanks.

Last edited:

Antwix

They held up a lot better than the 360 controllers. Those things yellowed after a few years. Plus it seems like the analog sticks are sturdier. Although that might be because I was a filthy teenager back then though.

Last edited:

FeldMonster

Any other opinions?
3 of my 4 white Xbox One controllers (Lunar White Special Edition, White Elite V1, personally customized Design Lab) are heavily used, and none show any issues with yellowing or becoming dirty. I haven't had any wear issues on any of them either, I just like to collect Xbox One Controllers (now up to 9, still missing the TitanFall 1 controller)

So I don't think it is an issue at all.

Rossco EZ

Maybe a stupid question but I can't find any white play and charge kits over here? I have the S so obviously white.
Venom Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Twin Pack: White (Xbox One) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LS3ZEX0/

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
QLpnHY6.jpg

shock blue is so fucking smexy man.
Go get it!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
No white Xbox One remotes but my white Xbox 360 controller still looks nice.

I don't really trust white plastic in general though. I've seen some discoloration on Wii Remotes online.

JCK75

Well I have five of them and they've been awesome no issues with any of them, I have five because I have a gaming PC for myself upstairs one for my son I use another one on my Nvidia shield in the bedroom, and then one is a second player on my Xbox in my living room (which was a one X replace for the Sirius X while the oneX was moved to the bedroom)

the_master

I thought it replaced the cover. My last Xbox was a 360 but not even sure about that, lol. Will order one, then. thanks.
You are right. All the ones i've seen, replace the cover either to have another usb port to charge or some slots for the docking stations.

I got a couple black chargers and batteries and Inam waiting for a white one for my shock blue beast!

jigglet

Banned
They're fine, I had one in a very old / dusty house (100 year old house) and I thought it would get dirty fast but it didn't.

Top Bottom