• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long have you been posting on Gaming Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Mugen said:
Julian Eggebacht interview, the single most replied non-stickied thread in the history of GA (or close to it). Lake you posts at opn2000 too didn't you?

Sorry for the delay in response, I didn't notice your post. No I never posted at OPN2000. I applied, but I never got an account. However, I was on Planetn2000's a lot, and one of their chatsites, I forget which.

I miss those days of the internet. I go to the chat, no one is in it. Someone pops up, we start talking... an hour later, 2 more pop up. Before you know it I'm working with them to make a videogame humor website where we make fun of the industry with juvinelle humor. Taking IGN articles word for word, but mixing things around to sound dirty. It kinda fell apart over time, though one of the members posts here, Ironickaos (sorry if I spelt that wrong).

Well, that's my story.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't really remember. It was probably late 99 or early 00. I was mostly a lurker before the OT forum came along though.

Gorey

Been reading for about two years, only started posting in the last year (once before neo-gaf, then again recently)..

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I started lurking at the US DC launch, and created Lonestar on PS2 Launch Day in Japan (March 25? 2000) Been pretty much "Lonestar" since (though, I think on one of the ezboards I used Lonestar1421 or something..)

White Man

I started lurking in 1998, and may have done light posting then. I really started frequenting the place as DC hype built up.

ShadowRed

Banned
I believe I found this place in November or December of 99 looking for game information. This next to GameFaqs this is the oldest site I've been visiting. Outside of Opa age this is the only message board I post on a regular basis.

Grimlock

During (what passed for) the Saturn's heyday, I was a regular on the Dimmension-S forums (R.I.P.). When that forum had crashed for a couple of days, I recall one of the other regulars (I forget who, but if you're reading this, thank you for doing this) e-mailed me a link to the old GA forums, where some of the other regulars had gone to wait out the episode. Been here pretty much since, so that would be at least since late '98-early '99.

Bog

Junior Ace
The forum - probably 2 or 3 years. I wrote for Gaming Age starting in early '98, though.

zaph0d

Hmm damn I´ve been a member for probably like six months now,
reading posts on a daily basis, but this is actually my first post :D

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Started posting in Sept 1999.
Those were the good days - back when opa-opa and Marty Chinn were at each other's throats and me and Newzboys were the only Nintendo fans.

kablooey

LakeEarth said:
Sorry for the delay in response, I didn't notice your post. No I never posted at OPN2000. I applied, but I never got an account. However, I was on Planetn2000's a lot, and one of their chatsites, I forget which.

Hey, I used to be on planetn2000 too! Old-school N-fanboys unite! I heard about GA when Matt C. came over and started talking about the IGN Underground board. :lol: So I came here...that must've been in, oh, 2000? I was 14 at the time. Jesus, I can't believe I've been here for so long. I've had different screen names for more or less every iteration of GAF, but kablooey I've had for about the last 2 years. Good times though. :)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
kablooey said:
Hey, I used to be on planetn2000 too! Old-school N-fanboys unite! I heard about GA when Matt C. came over and started talking about the IGN Underground board. :lol: So I came here...that must've been in, oh, 2000? Jesus, I can't believe I've been here for so long. I've had different screen names for more or less every iteration of GAF, but kablooey I've had for about the last 2 years. Good times though. :)

Ah planetn2000.com, loved that site. Whatever happened to soundwave and CapsLock? I always liked the way they defended some of the irrational hate Nintendo would get as I used to be an exclusive Nintendo system purchaser (I still am a fan at heart).

nomoment

Since late 2000/early 2001 - around the time of the first ezboard switch?

Few remember the time when we, the new era, ushered in OT.

maharg

idspispopd
TheOMan said:
Ah planetn2000.com, loved that site. Whatever happened to soundwave and CapsLock? I always liked the way they defended some of the irrational hate Nintendo would get as I used to be an exclusive Nintendo system purchaser (I still am a fan at heart).

soundwave is still here. And he's in a bit of a rut, opinion-wise. :p

blackwind

Will NOT use his faux signature to promote random shit
Winter 2003, just in time to see the old forum go down and this one come up.

I've been on Neo-GAF since day one (okay 2), but before that, just a year and a month. I had heard about the GAF way before, when I was working at Ubi Soft and the guys in the office who wrote for Gameloft (when it was still a Daily Radar news-type site) used to be on it all the time, saying how great it was. This was back in 2000-20001. Don't know why it took so long to join.

CrunchyB

Fall '99, but the last few years I've mostly been lurking. Every minute spent on GA is a minute wasted, but at least it's good fun, most of the time. I've been a junior member since ages :)

It's really weird how the attitude of the board changes from time to time. It used to be Nintendo-age, Sony-age, Nintendo-age, DC-age (!) but it's been Sony age for a while now.
Still can't believe how "popular" the XBox is today though :lol

Memles

Not sure, really...been lurking for awhile, probably started posting around mid-2003, posting much more in neo-GAF.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Here is a little tidbit, out of the 6 yrs ive been here ive been banned only one time. I think I was banned by Mike Works for making fun of Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom