• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how many games do you usually finish in 1 year

how many games do you usually finish in 1 year

• 1-5

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • 5-10

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • 10-15

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • 15+

Votes: 38 20.8%

• Total voters

Mr Hyde

As of this writing, I've completed 21 games, which is 6 more than previous years. I'm shocked I've finished so many games already, I usually land around 15-20 per year.

Dr. Suchong

Nobody finishes games these days.
Who has the time?

You buy shit loads over the course of the year, usually in sales, unable to resist the Sirens call, and leave them languishing in shrink wrap on a shelf or buried in your digital library.
Your backlog swells into an insurmountable challenge, and the dizzying array of titles leaves you befuddled as to what to play next as you scan the overwhelming selection of uncompleted shame.
You lament about this on Gaf.
You foolishly try to play several games at once, naively thinking if they're all different genres you can manage to juggle them. Inevitably some games you're playing fall by the wayside, you return to them a week later without the foggiest idea what you're doing, and reluctantly concede it best to start from the beginning again...
And lo the cycle begins anew.
At least in my experience anyway 😜

Vox Machina

Banned
Finishing games? What's that?

I kid, obviously, but yeah, finishing games is hard when there are so many coming out that I want to play. This year I've finished CoD: MW2 and Diablo IV and will probably finish BG3 and Starfield.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t know, feels like it varies a lot from year to year. If there are a lot of smaller titles/indie games I’m interested in that will greatly increase the amount.

Vox Machina

Banned
Who has the time?

You buy shit loads over the course of the year, usually in sales, unable to resist the Sirens call, and leave them languishing in shrink wrap on a shelf or buried in your digital library.
Your backlog swells into an insurmountable challenge, and the dizzying array of titles leaves you befuddled as to what to play next as you scan the overwhelming selection of uncompleted shame.
You foolishly try to play several games at once, naively thinking if they're all different genres you can manage to juggle them. Inevitably some games you're playing fall by the wayside, you return to them a week later without the foggiest idea what you're doing, and reluctantly concede it best to start from the beginning again...

I feel seen

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
40-50

I attempt to do 4 platinums a month, but the length of the games I play is usually 20 hours or less. I seldom play anything over 40 hours nowadays.

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

Fbh

Mostly in the 5-10.

Really depend on the year though. Years with a lot of RPG's like this one are going to be on the lower end because a 50+ hours game will usually take me 2-3 months to beat.
But there's years where I play more shorter games and indie where it can go above 10.

DaGwaphics

5-10 was the best option for me, maybe +or- one or two.

On a typical game I'll generally spend a few weeks on it, maybe longer if it is a long game. I mostly stick to shorter game sessions. The more AA or indie games are in the mix the more the total would go up as those tend to be a little shorter.

Jacob0101

It depends. Last year I finished 38 games. This year, I have already finished:

Hi-Fi Rush
Dead Space Remake
Hogwarts Legacy
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Remnant II (my GOTY so far)
FF16
DI2
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Planet of Lania
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Nioh 2
Midnight Fight Express
Lost Judgment

Currently playing Diablo 4 and Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew on PS5.

poodaddy

I wish I could say more, but maybe like 3 or 4. There are literally thousands that I intend to get to, but I've made peace with the fact that I won't have time before I die to play even a tenth of them.

Around 15 - 20. Wish it would be more though.

This year so far I've finished:

1. Mortal Shell
  2. The Surge 2
  3. Hogwarts Legacy
  4. Outer Wilds (have yet to play the DLC)
  5. Ghostwire: Tokyo
  6. Forspoken
  7. Horizon Forbidden West DLC
  8. AI Somnium Files
  9. Dead Cells (just the base game)
  10. Zelda TotK
  11. Diablo 4
  12. Remnant 2
I'm also half-way or close to finishing: A Plague Tale Requiem, Persona 5 Royal, Rain Code, Deliver Us The Moon, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot and Dead Island 2.

Last edited:

tylrdiablos

I've been keeping a .txt file since 2013 that tracks games I've finished and books I've read. (Weird? Yes. Useful? Also, yes.)

This year:
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Diablo IV (Campaign - PC)
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PC)
Severed Steel (PC)

Not sure what to play next... torn between Armored Core 6 & Starfield. Might finish off Death Stranding.

coffinbirth

Who has the time?

tumblr_mmewhzgSCm1r4se4io5_250.gif

Who has the time?

SHA

I do like 40+ hrs games, but precisely, any number that doesn't make them look cheap, rushing through doesn't prove loyalty to this hobby, except more likely, a lack of taste and socially resilient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom