• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how many games do you usually finish in 1 year

how many games do you usually finish in 1 year

• 1-5

Votes: 67 36.6%
  • 5-10

Votes: 52 28.4%
  • 10-15

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • 15+

Votes: 38 20.8%

• Total voters

Varteras

Gold Member
7wdix0.jpg

Havoc2049

I usually finish 5-10 games a year. I would finish more, but I play a LOT of multiplayer and MMO games. If you include big events and DLC in MMO games, some of which are just as long as a single player game, it might be 10-15 per year.

Sadly, since i hit about 50, i just cant stay focused enough to finiish the type of games I truly enjoy (Single Player story driven). Combine that with a PS4 that shuts down randomly and here I am.

I did just yesterday start PS4 version of The Last Guardian *controls wtf* Hope I finish

My most recent gaming purchase is a Starfield controller...a game I'll never play lol.
Well that Starfield controller looks dope as hell (best xbox series themed controller released so far imo), so there's at least that lol.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sadly, since i hit about 50, i just cant stay focused enough to finiish the type of games I truly enjoy (Single Player story driven). Combine that with a PS4 that shuts down randomly and here I am.

I did just yesterday start PS4 version of The Last Guardian *controls wtf* Hope I finish

My most recent gaming purchase is a Starfield controller...a game I'll never play lol.
Sounds like an obvious question, but have you looked for shorter story driven games?

I struggle with longer games too, with Elden Ring and TotK being the only 50 hour plus games I’ve played in the past 2 years.

Stuff like Miles Morales, Lost Legacy, Ori, A Plague Tale have been excellent for me as they’re all 6-12 hour experiences.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
1-5.

I have a nasty habit of picking up new games before I have finished the ones I started with.
Bingo.

If I stopped buying games today I think I would have enough content to last me 5 to 7 years if not 10.

When you're an adult with a good amount of disposable income & zero responsibilities with the same mindset towards videogames you had when you were 17 this is bound to happen.

I call it "Digital videogame hoarding" 😄

Kdad

Sounds like an obvious question, but have you looked for shorter story driven games?

I struggle with longer games too, with Elden Ring and TotK being the only 50 hour plus games I’ve played in the past 2 years.

Stuff like Miles Morales, Lost Legacy, Ori, A Plague Tale have been excellent for me as they’re all 6-12 hour experiences.
I've tried.

I just can't concentrate...funny that I can sometimes get through a movie if I'm with someone, but on my own I'm pausing it every 10 minutes and it can take a week just to watch a movie. I'm sure its more than just age (all you youngin's it isn't just getting old doing this). I spend more time on GAF then I do playing.

I really do hope I can make it through Last Guardian. I tend to go back to games (on PC) like Stronghold or Sim City at this point.

NahaNago

The last few years maybe 1 or 2. Half the time I buy the games and don't even play them and that is nearly all of my switch collection. I've also been just been playing a lot of civ V and age of empires 1-3(played civ V before I jumped on here :messenger_grinning_sweat:). This year I've at least beaten hogwarts legacy and Final Fantasy 16 this year with the next game to beat being Knack 2. I quit buying games this year on these digital sales since I never play them anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom