• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many sexual partners for girls is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
she'd have to have a negative amount of people for me to marry her

super pure
Yeah before I married my wife I made sure she didn't use tampons at all and had a doctor check her hymen to ensure it was intact. Fortunately for her, she passed. However, I just found out a couple months ago that she had a hymen reconstruction, so who knows what has been up in there. Pretty suspicious, to say the least. She claims she did it for me but I don't know...

Lazyslob

Banned
But if you loved someone and they loved you, why would matter how many other people they have slept with, ya know? Breaking up with someone over it kinda weird. Sure, if it upsets you in the beginning, don't date that person.

Because certain things just matter to people. Some people view sex as something intimate that they would only want to share with people they are in relationships with. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I also don't think someone should be so immature about it. The best thing would be to just talk about it to put to rest whatever the fears the other person has.

Relevant parts: I don't really know how to answer this. The section on methodology seemed relevant to me, I didn't read the parts on observation bias and his statistics constructions. I assume the last two pages along with the first four or so will give you a somewhat decent picture. He doesn't define "wanted" etc. beyond those terms, he says those were the possible answers to the question the study group was asked with regard to whether they wanted their first encounter. Traumatic experiences are suggested as a possible influence on why earlier first experiences have a higher correlation with divorce. Why he focuses on women is somewhat loosely described in the introduction, but it basically says "there's immense interest in that in academia and society at large because teenage sex is linked to STD spread, unstable marriages and early, unwanted pregnancy and there's little literature on this". He doesn't mention that divorce can be positive but I don't really know why. From the language that is used, I had the impression that divorce in general (though not in every specific case) is considered sociologically undesirable. How much is "some", I didn't filter out the specifics for that from the tables he gives; I'm not sure it's quantifiable from those, though.

In that case, isn't it reasonable to say that multiple sexual partners for women doesn't necessarily lead to a negative divorce? Beyond that, if we don't say what these behaviors that premarital sex leads to that causes predisposition to divorce, couldn't we say that the study isn't explicit enough?

I don't know I feel like that's a legitimate concern. Regardless of the she's with him sentiment std's are out there, and really likely in a person with 30+ bedpartners. Even if she tests clean for the testable diseases, she's stilll very likely to have HSV-1 , which isn't testable unless there is a currently active outbreak. HSV-2 infection rates are slightly lower but it's still quite possible at 30+ partners. So I understand where he may pull her judgement into question. I feel like nobody should be angry at anyone for pulling out of a beginning relationship after such information is revealed, especially if it's still in a pre-sex stage. I also feel like this applies to men and women equally and is something that should be honestly discussed before a relationship is started.

So, Extra Virgin?
2pac.gif

Derwind

For what it's worth, that's not the same at all. Ethnicity and height are things you have no control over, they are not a result of your choices. Promiscuity is.

Its the same in principle, you're judging part of the makeup of a persons life, although some parts of the makeup of your life aren't as flexible, it still is a makeup of your life. Describing it as promiscuity is also insulting because you might have a casual appetite for sex but you sure as fucking hell can be discerning and discriminating about whom you choose to have your romp with.

Whats your take on classism? Or is it okay for people to start describing people in negative connotations because of what field of education they went into? Whats your take on bullying someone because they're out of shape?

I'm not giving equal weight to this and racism or other serious issues, I'm saying its still fucking deplorable all the same.

Tokubetsu

I fucked with girls regularly who were fucking other dudes besides me. I hate having to talk girls into/through things or being the only one giving a shit in the bed. So more experience is always better for me. While im not some expert myself I typically attact a certain kinda girl and it works for me so *kanyeshrug*

akira28

Oh, I should comment on this - chances are, they're usually not sleeping with the person they're slut shaming. So they slut shame the women who are getting other men laid.

bitter nuts.

which we all suspected, but of course it's the only logical answer.

dat cyanide.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Your friend should definitely quit his girl OP. So she's no longer wasting her time with an insecure bitch.

Regular sex and for pleasure is a new concept. Modern contraceptives didn't always exist, and in the past, sexual intercourse almost always ended in pregnancy unless you were smart.

It's not my place to judge how many sexual partners someone has, or whether I think 5 is enough, 10, 50 etc.

In all honesty, is a girl having sex with her boyfriend 200 times in a year better or worse than a girl who had sex only 4 times, but they were all one night stands? What makes the one night stand so much different? Because it was different guys?

People need to just be smart. There is reason STD's are an epidemic now, where 1 in 4 has herpes, and 1 in 5 will contract an STI at some point in their adult life.

lmao wut?

mustafa

Banned
An alpha thing is not giving a fuck who's dtf and being an insecure little beta about her past experience.

l2 alpha bro

No bro, it's totally super alpha and caveman to make up your mind about people and think whatever the fuck you want to think. You gotta let go of that beta mentality of being afraid to make judgments about people. If I think a chick is a slut, she's a slut. You know why? Cus I'm totally alpha bro.

Madness

You don't know much about history do you?

There's a reason that prostitute's have been around since basically as long as society

I mean sex without the "consequences"... Prostitution is the oldest profession, but do you know how many prostitutes actually became pregnant or how viable that life was for them. It was born out of necessity. There weren't modern things like birth control, condoms, abortion etc. That's why they lived in brothels. They secretly also raised the kids that were inevitable at the time.

Sure you could say ancient methods such as coitus interruptus, silphium, lambskin coverings helped, but condoms and modern birth control is a 20th century invention is what I meant.

You couldn't safely have sex 4-5 times a week 400 years ago, as opposed to the way you can now.

That's pseudo alpha talk

It's real alpha talk.

Real alphas give girls the fuck of their life no matter their experience.

An assertive alpha ain't gonna be threatened by a female's previous lays.

Betas too worried about stacking up, can't take up the challenge or mantle.

LuchaShaq

Banned
An alpha thing is not giving a fuck who's dtf and being an insecure little beta about her past experience.

l2 alpha bro

It's real alpha talk.

Real alphas give girls the fuck of their life no matter their experience.

An assertive alpha ain't gonna be threatened by a female's previous lays.

Betas too worried about stacking up, can't take up the challenge or mantle.
Makes sense that the only person on gaf to use alpha/beta correctly would be a woman.

Only betas give a shit about a number.
Classy.

In that case, isn't it reasonable to say that multiple sexual partners for women doesn't necessarily lead to a negative divorce? Beyond that, if we don't say what these behaviors that premarital sex leads to that causes predisposition to divorce, couldn't we say that the study isn't explicit enough?
If I didn't misunderstand the study, it is conclusive in adolescent sexual activity being directly or indirectly (via premarital sexual activity) correlated with a higher divorce rate. One of the things I initially suggested was that people who don't want a relationship with someone with a promiscuous past might expect from that group of people less long-term reliability; a higher divorce rate attests to that. I'm not sure how divorces would be classified as "positive"/"negative" without subjectivities.

Its the same in principle, you're judging part of the makeup of a persons life, although some parts of the makeup of your life aren't as flexible, it still is a makeup of your life. Describing it as promiscuity is also insulting because you might have a casual appetite for sex but you sure as fucking hell can be discerning and discriminating about whom you choose to have your romp with.
What would you like me to describe promiscuity as, if "promiscuity" is already insulting? Is "eating too much" also insulting if someone eats 5000 calories a day?

Whats your take on classism? Or is it okay for people to start describing people in negative connotations because of what field of education they went into? Whats your take on bullying someone because they're out of shape?

I'm not giving equal weight to this and racism or other serious issues, I'm saying its still fucking deplorable all the same.
Have you seen me insult anyone here?

That this thread even exists is pretty fucking shameful.

Agreed. I can't believe what I'm reading.

It's a gaming forum, I'm not shocked this thread exists.

I also want to say this - GAF is not an accurate measure of the opinions on technology for the society at large, but they are an almost accurate measure of societies negative beliefs (in my experience). Except there aren't enough women on the forum who espouse these same beliefs so as to be totally representative. All of these negative things GAFfers have said have been expressed in the real world, on a far worse scale. It's not just GAF.

Alphas understand that the best of the best looking women most often have slept with FAR fewer men then other girls

So it's really not an issue when it's time to lock up a dime

It's an alpha thing breh, you wouldn't understand

ehhh not really, sounds more beta to me, you either afraid she knows more than you or afraid you won't do as well as her previous partners. Which is pretty beta (I already hate these terms)

Alphas understand that the best of the best looking women most often have slept with FAR fewer men then other girls

So it's really not an issue when it's time to lock up a dime

lol you know nothing Ken Masters

Satchel

Banned
Every guy is going to have a different idea/preference of what constitutes too many.

To me, if she's beat your number by a decent amount, its too much. That's how I see it. In the end, if you've slept with say 30, why should it be a problem if she has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom