• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many sexual partners for girls is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, I need to stop smiling at people I guess because this must mean I want to be approached. All those doors I have held open and all those smiles. Fuck, they all must think I am some sexual freak.

Like I said anecdotal and besides you can't teach astrophysics to a wino should have left that out.

Rajack

::shrugs:: Too many is the sole discretion of the woman herself. I make no judgments about females who like to have sex a lot, even if its with multiple partners. That's what they enjoy so good on them for enjoying life to the fullest. This moral crusading has got to stop. If history has taught us anything its that crusades based on morality never end well.

NinjaBoiX

It depends on her age I guess.

But I remember when one of my ex's told me she lost her virginity at 13, I nearly fell off the bed. I'm not going to lie, I saw her in a different light, rightly or wrongly.

Vitten

For a casual fling I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure I would want to invest in a serious relationship with someone with dozens and dozens of previous partners. Shows commitment isn't too high on this person's ladder and chances are high you'll get cheated on once they find better dick/pussy.

breakfuss

...she'd slept with 30+ different guys in her life, mostly in college. She's 24. I think that's about average..

HAHAHHAHA, WHAT? LORD NO. Not for a guy. Not for a woman. Not at any age.

Not claiming it's immoral or something, but that certainly isn't average.

The Adder

Banned
::shrugs:: Too many is the sole discretion of the woman herself. I make no judgments about females who like to have sex a lot, even if its with multiple partners. That's what they enjoy so good on them for enjoying life to the fullest. This moral crusading has got to stop. If history has taught us anything its that crusades based on morality never end well.

The Crusades were about land...

DopeToast

Banned
I can understand some hesitancy on his part if only for the fear of STDs. Go get checked and then you'll be good. I guess the only other reason to be concerned would be if your friend felt he might cheat on her, but if she is loyally dating him according to their version of that, and she's clean, then it shouldn't matter.

Thorgal

I agree that it is quite unnecessary to break up because she had (many ) partners before.
if he loves her dearly and is serious about it then does it really matter how many Boyfriends she had in the end ?

For a casual fling I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure I would want to invest in a serious relationship with someone with dozens and dozens of previous partners. Shows commitment isn't too high on this person's ladder and chances are high you'll get cheated on once they find better dick/pussy.

Oh, bullshit. I'd never cheat on my husband. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the hell out of a good fuck, and often, when I was younger.

I really don't understand all the generalizing I'm seeing. This thread: Arbitrary measurement = x, always.

Life tip: people can behave situationally. People can change. People often do change and are not the same at 13, at 23, at 33, etc. Behaving like x at one stage does not mean a person will behave in y fashion at another stage.

Possible problem: someone who had a lot of risky unprotected sex (just as frequent blackout drunks or unsafe drug use can be red flags). Or if someone has unaddressed psychological trauma that has caused them to "act out." But general human behavior has levels. Maybe Person A's level isn't compatible with Person B's. That makes sense. We all want/expect different things; a good relationship often means finding compatibility on our wants and needs. But all these OMG reactions that end in THEY WILL CHEAT! THEY ARE CRAZY! SUMFIN WRONG WITH DEM BITCHES are mindboggling to me. Like, I know it's hip to make these ironclad declarations of opinion-as-fact, but damn, y'all. At some point, can we generalize less and discuss gray area and interpretation more?

eta: not saying that trauma = bad person, but rather that trauma should be handled, treated if necessary, etc., particularly if it's negatively impacting behavior

Completely depends on the person. And to be fair most people who fuck without a committed relationship are being more honest with themselves. People can and do cheat in "committed relationships." People should be more wary of that then just having sex to have sex.

FyreWulff

How do you even make this leap of logic.

Cheaters exist in highschool sweetheart couples, marriages, and first relationships.

Analogy time. Some people assume that people are more likely to cheat because they've had lots of sex, just as people assume that vaginas get loose because of lots of sexual partners. Both assumptions are incorrect and looseness - both sexually and of commitment - depend on the person, regardless of how much sex or sexual partners they've had.

:/

Ah, I'm not talking about anyone in specific in this thread, aaaannnd I'm not making a generalization!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Ugh, this again.

Who cares about the number, if you like the girl/guy that should be enough.

coming from someone who has a pretty high number, so I hope I don't get judged myself :p

Kiarushka

I'd look more into why they had so many instead of focusing on the number.

If they cheated or they had a tendency to get bored and dump them, if I want to find someone for longterm, clearly that's a dealbreaker for me. If it just happened to not work out for some other reason, then who cares?

SmokyDave

The number isn't really that relevant to me, it's all about the attitude. As long as she's happy, healthy and confident, I'm groovy.

I don't know, but I know if I was a girl I probably wouldn't have lots of sexual partners. Just for the fact that alot of one night stand or only meeting up once or twice sex isn't that great compared to being in a loving relationship, and that's coming from a male point of view, ie we usually have a happy ending no matter.

I would also say that nearly every girl I've known who has had a lot of sexual partners tends to have other issues, that's just my experience though.

Same number as for guys!

Tell him to forget his past, and the only number of guys she is allowed to be, as long as she is with him, is one! That's all that matters.

If the person is only going to be having sex with you from that point until you die, or your relationship ends, then why does it matter how much they have had sex before?

How would your friend feel if the situation was reversed, and he was being dumped because he's had too many sexual partners? He'd probably feel like shit, or that he didn't deserve it, and nor does the lady in question.

Not gonna read through this whole thread, but has it been mentioned how bizarre yet predictable it is that the OP frames this discussion with no mention of the concept of men having too many sexual partners?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ugh, this again.

Who cares about the number, if you like the girl/guy that should be enough.

coming from someone who has a pretty high number, so I hope I don't get judged myself :p

What my good friend keen said. Its a factor of life. Like how many cheeseburgers you had. We've all fucked up. Your beautiful woman is as beautiful as you saw her for the first time. Dont think about cock milage

Dennis

Banned
The number isn't really that relevant to me, it's all about the attitude. As long as she's happy, healthy and confident, I'm groovy.

Someone hacked Daves account.

The SmokyDave we know is all about bleach blond hair and big boobs on a skinny frame.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
What my good friend keen said. Its a factor of life. Like how many cheeseburgers you had. We've all fucked up. Your beautiful woman is as beautiful as you saw her for the first time. Dont think about cock milage

Thank you friend Gr1m!

Edit: I have a fair number of girl friends, and all they ever talk about is getting laid. So stop thinking chicks are any different from guys in that regard.

SmokyDave

Someone hacked Daves account.

The SmokyDave we know is all about bleach blond hair and big boobs on a skinny frame.

Sounds like a happy, healthy, confident chick to me :)

(Coincidentally though, I like curves and a round, slappable ass. She needs to be built to go the distance).

If I am honest, yes, this would bother me. Very.

Let's try to think about it in numbers. Let's assume she started having sex at 16, this would mean she had at least every 3 months anther guy for 8 years straight!

That's ridiculous, no matter the gender. There is a very high possibilty that she has some kind of STD and it makes you wonder how long a relationship would work with someone like this.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
If I am honest, yes, this would bother me. Very.

Let's try to think about it in numbers. Let's assume she started having sex at 16, this would mean she had at least every 3 months anther guy for 8 years straight!

That's ridiculous, no matter the gender. There is a very high possibilty that she has some kind of STD and it makes you wonder how long a relationship would work with someone like this.

So, what's an acceptable number? One every 6 months? 12 months? 18, 24?

At what point will a girl exceed your arbitrary standards?

And you do realize there is a thing called condoms?

I really cannot fathom having this point of view...
I can only assume it boils down to some type of insecurity about the girl having a higher number than you.

It's just sex...

Jburton

Banned
It's a personal thing, for some the number is irrelevant and for others it matters a lot.

Personally for me it matters.

I think it really depends on the age.

For example 20 guys for a women of 30 who didn't had many long relationship is not much, assuming she started at 16.
But if a women is 22 and had 20, well yes that is quite the number. Also assuming she started at 16.

Also my one of best friends is 24 and had 33 girls. That is waaaayyyy to many. He started at 18.

Thank you friend Gr1m!

Edit: I have a fair number of girl friends, and all they ever talk about is getting laid. So stop thinking chicks are any different from guys in that regard.

I know this one group of girls (two of them I met that night, the third I already knew)... they were talking about how this one friend of theirs (present in the group, and the one I knew) hadn't lost her virginity and blah, blah, blah. But they were like "yeah, it's not like guys haven't tried! It'll come eventually!" Also, they said that only sluts suck dick earlier in the conversation, but a lot of it is disjointed in my memory and I can't remember which came before which. I didn't respond to that at all.

Anyways, that's way more supportive than some of the guys I know, who will routinely scheme on one another.

Rad-

So, what's an acceptable number? One every 6 months? 12 months? 18, 24?

At what point will a girl exceed your arbitrary standards?

And you do realize there is a thing called condoms?

I really cannot fathom having this point of view...
I can only assume it boils down to some type of insecurity about the girl having a higher number than you.

It's just sex...

But for everyone it's not "just sex". For some sex means more than just a good time. And if they think this way, they probably expect that from their potential partner as well.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I know this one group of girls (two of them I met that night, the third I already knew)... they were talking about how this one friend of theirs (present in the group, and the one I knew) hadn't lost her virginity and blah, blah, blah. But they were like "yeah, it's not like guys haven't tried! It'll come eventually!" Also, they said that only sluts suck dick earlier in the conversation, but a lot of it is disjointed in my memory and I can't remember which came before which. I didn't respond to that at all.

Anyways, that's way more supportive than some of the guys I know, who will routinely scheme on one another.

Yeah, of course my story, like yours, is only anecdotal. But not limited to just that group, in my case, and I guess it depends on how well you know them.

Spinluck

It shouldn't matter, unless she has a history of infidelity. And of course making sure you're clean, but that goes for both parties, no matter the amount of past sexual partners.

She either met many guys, or loved sex, either way she's not a worse person for wanting to enjoy herself. Unless you're one of those guys who think women shouldn't enjoy sex as much as "us guys" do. Lol.

It always annoyed me, to see men get glorified for banging every girl down the block and getting patted on the back and congratulated for it. I think both men and women get this idea instilled in their heads during their teenage years, ya know, High School. A girl who gets hers is a slut/whore/is easy. And the guy counterpart is a stud/playa/manwhore, all of these are compliments. Lol, so primitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom