• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many threads do we have to make before Sony finally takes note and re-releases Killzone games for PS5?

Drizzlehell

Banned
It's baffling that they would just sleep on it for so long when all the other franchises from PS2 and PS3 already got a decent next-gen treatment. They're re-releasing, remastering, and remaking every obscure IP that they own and yet I can't even stream Killzone through PS Plus Premium because they won't bother putting it on the service in my country. Do they seriously care so little about this franchise? Why do I still have to dust off my old PS3 to play these games?

If Guerrilla is too busy for it because they keep making those boring-ass Horizon games, then give it to Bluepoint, or whoever else can take on the job. It's so annoying. Not only would I want to replay those games in proper resolution and frame rate but revisiting multiplayer would also be great.

My biggest wet dream is to see all of these games, starting with the PS2 original all the way up to Shadow Fall, including the handheld titles (which were also pretty awesome), get re-released in a one neat package. Kinda like Konami is doing right now with the MGS collection.

Come on Sony. Do it already. What's the hold up?

ill_suck_your_dick_dont_be_a_menace.gif

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Funny thing is if they did a Killzone collection like the Master Chief collection and did a F2P MP element they’d have their answer to COD.

Sometimes the simple things are the hardest.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Buying Shadow Fall and Liberation from the PS Store is a bit more effective.
I guess we should be thankful that they at least put out Liberation on PS5 recently. But that's probably only because they have someone in the basement who's working on putting all those PSP games on the store, I wouldn't count on anything more beyond that.

Fuck me, it even has trophy support. Shit is getting crazy.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Have there been any examples of Sony doing something because of public requests or even backlash? I'm not saying they don't, but don't really remember any examples.

I wonder if Microsoft bought exclusivity on u-turns.

nial

Gold Member
I guess we should be thankful that they at least put out Liberation on PS5 recently. But that's probably only because they have someone in the basement who's working on putting all those PSP games on the store, I wouldn't count on anything more beyond that.

Fuck me, it even has trophy support. Shit is getting crazy.
Given their recent GAAS push, I think they'll return to it at some point, as it's their only FPS series to have appeared on every PlayStation console since its debut on the PS2 (except, of course, the PS5).

onQ123

The moment Horizon broke the glass ceiling & sold over 20 million is the moment you should have realized that Killzone was dead lol

Rachet & Clank is on it's death bed also , We will never see another Jak & Daxter or Sly Cooper unless it's passed off to a lower team ( Tears)

nial

Gold Member
The moment Horizon broke the glass ceiling & sold over 20 million is the moment you should have realized that Killzone was dead lol

Rachet & Clank is on it's death bed also , We will never see another Jak & Daxter or Sly Cooper unless it's passed off to a lower team ( Tears)
I want everyone to understand that Sly Cooper was NEVER popular, like at all.

xrnzaaas

I'd like to think that Sony plans long term to have a big shooter ip ready if & when the CoD deal ends (or to simply diversify their portfolio). Killzone is still probably the best thing they got from the shooter genre.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Sadly Sony is busy hunting trends…. If they really cared those game would be remastered/remade long ago. 3party deals are more important.

I mean will still don’t have a remaster for BB. People have been screaming, port begging for years now… no point Sony doesn’t care.

Mr Hyde

Sony's been on a drunken power trip since PS4 blew up and now they've forgotten what made them. No Infamous re-release or sequel. No Bloodborne sequel or remaster. No Resistance. No Killzone. No Uncharted. No smaller experimental games like Ico or Gravity Rush. No Tearaway. Nothing. Just silence , dog shit remote play and all in on soul crushing GaaS games with fucking Bungie at the frontlines. Urk.

Last edited:

mrcroket

Probably sony thinks that killzone is dead after shadow fall. Not to mention that horizon saga is more safe bet.

The Killzone games never sold well, were not critically well regarded, and today no one remembers them fondly except like 6 people on GAF.

Yes, it's a huge mystery why Sony doesn't care to re-release Killzone in 2023

Three

They seem to care very little if the IP was not very popular or died in terms of popularity so I would say never. If there is enough actual interest it may happen and I think they should test the waters with a cheap port of killzone 2.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I know you don’t really think anyone of importance involved with Sony’s game release decisions, actually reads Gaf…..do you? Lol

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
They actually do
K…obviously not anyone important enough to sway any sort of decision based on some of the threads for asks here. Also, my uncle works at Nintendo and he’s a very high up executive and I heard there will be a new Mario game.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Lol the fact that you don't think they are still here lol
I edited my reply to you at the same time you posted your reply….but I’m talking people who actually green light shit. They are not here. Keep living in your pipe dream if you think they are.

onQ123

I edited my reply to you at the same time you posted your reply….but I’m talking people who actually green light shit. They are not here. Keep living in your pipe dream if you think they are.
The guy who made God Of War & Twisted Metal still do random pop-ups here lol

Top Bottom