• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How satisfied are you with Ps Plus, Premium, Extra, Essential?

How satisfied are you with the new Ps Plus?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 165 43.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • I do not use it.

Votes: 80 21.2%
  • It is ok

Votes: 88 23.3%

• Total voters

Spyxos

Gold Member
I've had Ps Plus since the Ps3 and most of the time on the Ps4. On the Ps5, however, only the first year. I haven't used Ps plus at all since the switch. How do you like the Ps Plus change? Are you satisfied? Is there anything you would change?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The two free games are always shit
The discounts are almost aways shit
The ”free” Classic library is embarrassingly shit

It’s just overall shit

And yet I pay for it. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Last edited:

Skifi28

Extra is quite decent. I'd like to say that premium is shit, but it doesn't cost that much more and the feature I've enjoyed the most have been the demos. Helped me make my mind up about many games I was on the fence. I'd say it has saved me quite a bit of money so far.

Cyberpunkd

The two free games are always shit
The discounts are almost aways shit
The ”free” Classic library is embarrassingly shit

It’s just overall shit

And yet I pay for it. What the fuck is wrong with me?
Yoshi/10.

For me I have the middle tier, cheap enough not to worry a lot about it. Keep it for game's library.

K' Dash

I bought my PS5 last November and the only game I have completed from the Sub is Miles Morales, all the other games I have bought, the service is not that great.

mxbison

Amazing library for people new to the platform or someone who doesn't buy much.

Not great for someone like me who usually wants the good stuff at launch.

PS Extra I've only played Stray and currently playing Tchia. Thats about it.
I have the other service on the other competitor also the Epic Games Store free games. (Lots of duplicates here)
I would say I really don't use it.

Last edited:

GHG

Had the cheapest tier with the monthly games and cancelled it because I'm not using my PS5 much these days, especially not for online games.

Not interested in all you can eat subscriptions either so there's not much that can tempt me back into subscribing unless I get playing Demons Souls or GT7 again.

splattered

Dunno i don't use it haha .... i paid the discounted price for Premium in January and i have yet to take advantage of it. Same with Game Pass Ultimate, i've been paying $15 per month for a while now but never use it. I'm sure they are both excellent services but i just don't have the time to jump from game to game lately. Getting old i guess.

Aion002

I can't remember the last game I completed from ps plus.

I've been paying for it since the launch on the ps3... The last game I downloaded was Horizon 2, but I ended up deleting before even starting (I remembered all the things I disliked on the first one and got unmotivated to play the sequel).

But every time I check the catalogue it seems awesome, so many cool games, too bad I end up buying the ones that I enjoy before they're released on it.

So... To me it's...

Useless GIF by hero0fwar

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Don’t hope for good free games go out and buy them that’s my mindset with ps plus. Maybe there’s a good free ps plus to me it’s paying for mp.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
As a premium user, I honestly don't see the benefit of rocking a premium subscription.

Most likely will roll back to extra when I renew my subscription.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I stopped paying for plus. Essential is embarrassingly bad. Premium is ridiculously overpriced for what it offers. Extra is where the value at IF you only plan to subscribe to play certain games instead of buying them. Something like 3 month subscription. Years and years of subscription is a waste of money.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have PS+ Extra, and so far it's been pretty good. Granted if I didn't play online as much as I do, then I probably wouldn't have it just like I don't have Gamepass.

Premium seems not worth it at all, but Extra is doing great for its price. Would be even better if they offered more VR titles, but seeing as PSVR2 is new I can see them doing this in the future.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think ps plus extra is great but then it only cost me like 45 pounds to upgrade for three years so not sure how that worked.

I think its pretty good 👍

TexMex

Plus/Extra are great. I buy tons of games so the two free games a month, I’ve usually played, but there’s been some great stuff. The PS4/5 library that comes with Extra is fantastic.

I have Premium. The classics needs a ton of work. It’s slowly getting better but the first party PSone games alone are lacking, it’s just been a slow drip of every Syphon Filter under the sun. And when something decent does hit (Wild Arms, Dragoon), you could always just buy it got 5-10 bucks on its own. Premium definitely isn’t worth it at all right now.

LucasBR

I'm overall quite happy with it, I just believe the Deluxe tier - I live in Brazil - should be improved, there aren't a lot of "classics" games available and we don't have PS3 here, that's the only caveat at the moment.

Kupfer

For me, nothing has changed with the changeover. I buy cheap credits at a factor of less than 0.8 and wait until PS Plus (now Essential) is on sale. So I come to about 33€ - 35€ for a year membership. Extra and Premium go past my ass. I still prefer to buy games on disc and deliberately play the things that I look forward to and do not need a catalog and instant access to all content. Especially knowing that my access to the digital content is only tolerated and Sony could pull the plug on these games at any time. But that is another discussion.

No vote though, because I think the PS+ model(s) sucks. I don't pay for digital content like games, but for the cloud saves and automatic updates and sometimes multiplayer. If there is actually an interesting game in the selection, that's a nice-to-have, but basically I think all these subscription models suck.

Last edited:

Fbh

I've really enjoyed it so far:
Got Ps+ extra soon after getting my Ps5 (right after I beat Elden Ring) and so far I've played:
Returnal, Miles Morales, Demon Souls Remake, FF7R DLC, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghost of Tsushima DC, Judgement, Ghostrunner, Deathloop and currently Ghostwire Tokyo.
All for what buying just one or two of those games would have cost me

The only games I've actually bought for Ps5 so far were Elden Ring and Forbidden West (and Forbidden would have been on Extra if I had waited 2 months). To me the service is a no brainer for any late Ps5 adopter

I stacked it, but I'm very satisfied. The Essential and Extra games have been great.
When my stacking is over I doubt I'll pay for it though just cause I don't have a ton of gaming time and have enough that I buy outside of subs.

Kev Kev

Game pass is the only gaming sub that I’ve given the time of day, but even that I only buy a month here and there. I don’t care for most of the subscription models in the video game world.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Im surprised by ps extra. But it has also exposed bad habits, like buying games and not playing them for months until they end up on the sub and make me feel like an idiot. Won’t renew because of it.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Upgraded to Premium from standard at discounted price (less than half a year until renewal). Disappointed. Definitely will not renew at Premium. May renew at Extra... but not likely.

FritzJ92

Wher is the middle choice. Its not great but not terrible. I prefer GamePass for my subscription needs and only use PS+ if needed on a month-by-month basis.

cormack12

Gold Member
I still only have the base sub. Again, I'm resigned to paying for multiplayer so that doesn't bother me.

The games are solid enough with the base. Some I like, some I already own and some don't interest me.

The only thing that's been annoying since the other tiers came out has been knowing which games are free for me. I just use the App now but I used to look forward to the announcements, now its too convoluted to engage. Let them push it to me.

I find these weird threads generally. Most people know what to expect from the sub and if they're unhappy they unsub.

Might be better asking what would add more value to their subs?

I voted it’s okay. I don’t remember which tier I’m on (I think the top one) and I love a good sub service, but I’d be lying if I said I’d used it much. Usually wait for things to show up on Gamepass for some reason.

I’ve used the trials more than anything.

Sony needs to add day one first party or I’ll almost certain drop it whenever my stacked period ends.

Kusarigama

I am strongly against pay walling online multiplayer behind subscription so I am against/dissatisfied with Essential tier even though it offers some good games everyother month which is subjective.

I am somewhat satisfied with the offerings of extra tier though. And neutral towards the premium tier as it offers mildly more games than extra tier and also is slightly more costly than extra tier.

Also the poll is rather poor. It should have had dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, neutral, somewhat satisfied and satisfied options minimum.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I mostly like the Essential "free" game offerings. As someone that's been in the Playstation ecosystem for a long time, it's hard for Premium's back catalog to look attractive as I mostly own or have played what is being offered. I wish it were more like Game Pass and offered more new release. I really like the older Classics offerings from Extra as well as the trials, but that is probably the worst value proposition considering it is the most expensive tier and the relatively light offerings in that regard.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Very satisfied with Extra, the value is pretty nuts. Too nuts in fact, I don't have nearly the time to play everything I would like to.

Premium seems very much not worth the extra money.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I am a strongly against pay walling online multiplayer behind subscription so I am against/dissatisfied with Essential tier even though it offers some good games everyother month which is subjective.

I am somewhat satisfied with the offerings of extra tier though. And neutral towards the premium tier as it offers mildly more games than extra tier and also is slightly more costly than extra tier.

Also the poll is rather poor. It should have had dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, neutral, somewhat satisfied and satisfied options minimum.
This post is somewhat right

Mr Hyde

I don't pay for it anymore. I realized I didn't play any of the free games I claimed, outside of a select few, and it just kept building up my backlog. The online component is pretty much useless to me too. The only multiplayer I played was co-op in Elsen Ring and Dark Souls, and even that was very sporadic. PS Plus is just a waste of money for me.

Sleepwalker

Im not subbed currently but will sub back at some point to recover my catalog amassed over the years.

Its a good service, I got no issues with it (or live/gamepass) I just dont see the reason to be permanently subscribed.

Kilau

I give premium an ok only because they upgraded all my regular plus basically for free. Otherwise it’s been terribad.

Mr.Phoenix

I was already paying for PS+ `essential` for the past 10+years. Going to PS+ Extra was a no-brainer, especially considering that in a year I typically never spend more than $250 on actual game purchases. ANd there are a fair number of games that Igoton PS+ that I would never have justified buying, no matter how good I thought they were.

I can see how PS+ would be useless to anyone that buys the majority of their games within the first year of their release though.

Quezacolt

Only use it to play coop with one friend. Basically only for Souls games. Outside of that, i don't care about the "free" games, nor do i play online outside of the rare occasion. The discounts also don't matter to me, since i only buy physical games.
Wish it was the same as during the ps3, wich let you play online for free.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I use it all the time. I'm going to downgrade to the extra tier when I re-up though. I've played the classics I wanted to play and new ones I want to play aren't dropping all that fast. I'll drop back for 6 months and then maybe upgrade again later in the year if there's more I want to play.

Top Bottom