• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How satisfied are you with Ps Plus, Premium, Extra, Essential?

How satisfied are you with the new Ps Plus?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 165 43.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • I do not use it.

Votes: 80 21.2%
  • It is ok

Votes: 88 23.3%

• Total voters

oji-san

Banned
Will not resub but it very good i think, it's just that any PS game i want i will buy as soon as it's $30 so this service is less for me.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Again as in the xbox thread, I've always had PS+ and I always used to renew each year for £40 when it was cheap on CD Keys. Currently on middle tier until end of the year.

Middle of the road at the minute. Coming from PS3 and PS4 a lot of the games on the service I've either played already or never had any interest in.

I’m enjoying the extra tier a lot. I have a digital only ps5 and most games I was going to wait to go on sale has winded up on there. I buy my “must play” games day one. However, with life being life. I haven’t had much time to play everything. My backlog was backed up. Most of the games I was going to purchase are up there and I don’t have a shortage of games at all.

I was a longtime subscriber to ps+. Best thing i ever got was Rocket League and I still play to this day. The game catalog was awesome but just never took advantage. I let it laps a while before they made tiers, or ps÷, and I haven't looked back.
Any game I want, I will buy. Since I only play RL and Warzone I don't need the service for online play so it really makes no sense for me.
Good to see this threads poll skewing "very satisfied" for the rest of you.

Edit: it frequently was able to score a year for $30 so it was easier to justify before. Now the lowest tier is at minimum $40

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
PS+ Extra since day one. An amazing service with lots of value, especially if you don’t buy Sony’s titles day one. Lots of quality AAA games.

Value drops significantly if you usually buy Sony’s tentpole AAA games day one.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I have to pay to play online in 2023, ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.

The best was paying the same exact price for sony old games streaming service even if their streaming sucks absolute asses, enough to be unplayable unless you are close to a server apparently, and having a blistering fast internet connection count for nothing.

Or maybe people just have shit standards and the service sucks everywhere, i know people saying that switch performance in 2023 are A-ok so who knows...

Last edited:
I stock up on Essential when it goes on sale.

I am satisfied with the games they offer.
This is me. I used to play quite a few PS+ Essential games, but I haven't had the time recently, so I just view it as a subscription for online multiplayer, plus some okay PS Store discounts.

NickFire

Just have essential. Absolutely loathe it even though there are occasional games I am happy to get from it. Would much rather they drop the entire thing and make online free. I spend plenty on retail games, 99.999% of which are digital.

Only extra when I need mulltiplayer but most of the time I don't use it. Haven't really looked at the other tiers but I prefer to buy my games.

PS+ Extra is the best deal but since i now have Xbox and gamepass as well, most free games overlap so I think Ill go back to PS Essential when it runs out and keep GPU.

wvnative

Plus - Mixed bag, some months have heavy hitters which is awesome, other months are meh, but better than XB Gold in it's worst month across the board

Extra - Turning into one of the best deals in gaming, so many of the generations best games are here, Sony killed it for me here, imo better than game pass, but it's also geared towards playstation's hardcore crowd, probably not as appealing to casuals as GP

Premium - An absolute embarrassing scam, way too few games for the price, nowhere near enough new games each month for the price, combine that with emulation often poorer than PSP PS3 and Vita, this is a scam.

Roxkis_ii

I renewed ps + extra for a year, but I really shouldn't have. It's has good games on the service, I just don't have time to play all the games that pull my interest.

Griffon

I don't like to rent games.
Games on sale are cheap enough to simply buy what I want and be free to keep forever, even during the months of the year I don't spend a dime in gaming.

Last edited:

Three

Had a 1 yr sub for PS Now for TLOU2 because it was cheaper than the game, just before they announced the free upgrade to PS Premium for Now users. Stacked up on PS+ regular for 3yrs and that changed to PS+ Premium for free. I'm set, got to play

Demon's Soul,
Returnal,
Spiderman Miles Morales,
Horizon Forbidden West

On it so I'd say it was pretty worth it

Love it. Despite not having as many day one games, the overall library is heads and shoulders better than GP IMO. A lot of that though is just because the games I really love just aren't on Xbox at all, so they can't be on GP.

Last edited:

skit_data

I had Premium for about 6 months or so but when it was time for renewal I went for Extra instead because I rarely use the streaming and the monthly games for that tier have been sort of lackluster.

I’m happy with Extra but surprisingly it feels like Essential has gotten the biggest boost since the introduction of these new tiers, something I didn’t expect.

Koppelthorn

Banned
The addition of RIDGE RACER TYPE 4 recently turned Premium from "meh" to "Im actually ok paying for this" for me

Given we get some more classics like MGS, literally any popular PS2 release, LSD: Dream Emulator (Please SONY? You used to have it...) and some others that I've failed to mention, then I'll be happy with it. I don't really have the time to play the bigger games and I already have a huge backlog, so what they have currently on the other tiers satisfy me honestly, but maybe that'll change

Last edited:
I was upgraded to Premium for free because I had PS Now. What a joke that tier is. I did some easy trophy hunts on the game catalogue and let the whole sub expire.

Mr.ODST

Amazing for people new to games but everything being added is old or i've already bought full price or physical so at the moment not great.

I have both GPU and PS+ and im a playstation gamer but I use GPU more for new games that come out which saves me money.

Extra is good but anything above that is an absolute rip off and feels like Premium and higher tiers have just been forgotten about completely

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've had Ps Plus since the Ps3 and most of the time on the Ps4. On the Ps5, however, only the first year. I haven't used Ps plus at all since the switch. How do you like the Ps Plus change? Are you satisfied? Is there anything you would change?
Are you making the Nintendo Switch Online satisfaction thread?

Fredrik

It’s okay.

In theory it’s fantastic but since the big 1st party games are delayed I’ve already played them when they arrive on the service. In the end, what’s left to play is some mid third party releases and smaller titles, which can be okay but rarely great.

I prepurchased Premium through PSNow conversion though, until 2024, and essentially only pay $5/month, so I can’t be unhappy at this point. But I doubt I’ll keep subbing once I have to pay full price unless they change their release strategy.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I mean I was happy with standard anyway. Extra giving me a lot of big game's I would have waited a few year's to buy super cheap on sale.

And on top of that I've played a good few PS3 titles on stream and have a few more to go.

Definitely worth the 120 I payed for like 6 year's of upgrade.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Top PS+ tier is honestly baller as can be for me. The PSX and PS2 classics are definitely lacking but I'm always able to find something to play if I'm just browsing and looking for something to try.

Also, I know lots of people act like the PS3 streaming is unplayable but I legit haven't had a single issue. Yea the resolution is stuck to 720p and it can look rough on a 4k but it's fine on a 1080p screen.

Some of you bitches need to embrace old weird games and quit thirsting for all things that are only modern. Lots of good games to revisit. For instance, Alone In The Dark: Inferno.

YOU'RE WELCOME 👍

graywolf323

I’ve been a subscriber since a month or two after it started back on the PS3, I still think it’s worth it just from the free monthly games & especially the sale discounts (like when they do the double discount sales)

I have the highest tier just because I was able to get a PSNow sub activated before the conversion and I’m a bit disappointed that they haven’t put out more classics so far but I also am subbed through 2031 at <$30 a year so I can’t complain too much

reinking

Gold Member
Extra is great for people that are new to the system or they have some of the previous library they have not played.

Premium? Bleh. Only being beat by worst deal in gaming by Xbox Live Gold.

kiphalfton

It's supposedly renewing for me on 4/4 for $60 for premium.

For that price, it's been great.

Beat a couple games (Returnal, Ghosts of Tsushima, Days Gone, DMC 5, and Mafia DE) and playing through a couple other (Demons Souls Remake, FFVII Remake, and GotG).

So I'd say I got my money's worth.

Definitely wouldn't pay any more than that, but if you play a LOT of games I'd say maybe PS+ Extra might be worth it at full price (but I personally don't think Premium is worth the... premium).

Last edited:

Crayon

I don't really use these but I do have the premium. When I re-up I might do the extra again because like the nintendo one, it's cheap enough that you don't have to use it that much to even out. Like I laughed at the nintendo one but really I dip into those snes games more than I thought I would. That's $20 and if you are playing anything online you are already compelled. The ps one, you are already paying 60, so the 40 more is not too much and you do get a nice selection. It would be a really good deal if I wasn't so picky.

kiphalfton

I don't really use these but I do have the premium. When I re-up I might do the extra again because like the nintendo one, it's cheap enough that you don't have to use it that much to even out. Like I laughed at the nintendo one but really I dip into those snes games more than I thought I would. That's $20 and if you are playing anything online you are already compelled. The ps one, you are already paying 60, so the 40 more is not too much and you do get a nice selection. It would be a really good deal if I wasn't so picky.

May check and see what your renewed subscription rate is. For some reason, my PS+ Premium is renewing in a week for $60, instead of $120.

Crayon

May check and see what your renewed subscription rate is. For some reason, my PS+ Premium is renewing in a week for $60, instead of $120.

Oh well that is interesting. I snaked the cheap psnow upgrade on mine so I'll have to check. Thanks for heads up!

itshutton

I’m a Premium subscriber. I have to say, Extra is fantastic. I keep playing games I didn’t want to buy outright but have loved so many.

Return Al being the latest example. It’s still near full retail price and I wasn’t sure I would like it. 60 hours later….

Premium on the other hand I am not at all convinced by. It could be great with time, but it’s just not anywhere near yet. I do get the feeling though, that once the back catalogue is there, it will just continue to grow and may be more of a value proposition over time.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Had a free 1 month sub to Extra last year. Platted Lost Legacy and Stray, finished Crash 4.

I think I’ll grab it @ £34.99 for 12 months on Black Friday. Base tier seems decent enough.

Gamerguy84

Very happy and no time now.

Premium would have been a dream years back but I seem to have enough time to only play the things I'm very interested in.

Lots of games I was on the fence about hit the service like Returnal and I'll get crucified here but Demons Souls.

Latest gem I've found is Tchia as I've been playing it a lot recently.

Top Bottom