• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How satisfied are you with Ps Plus, Premium, Extra, Essential?

How satisfied are you with the new Ps Plus?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 165 43.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • I do not use it.

Votes: 80 21.2%
  • It is ok

Votes: 88 23.3%

• Total voters
I think it's just very meh. Just don't feel like sub services work very well for video games. The only true value is on day 1 games. Why pay 15 a month to rent an old game when you can most likely buy it for less than that.

Esca

I have premium and have found it to be very worth while and am happy with it. Very nice especially with people over and being able to find multiple games that grab interest. I've been happy with ps+ since it's inception and been subbed most of the time over all those years.

Gamerguy84

I stacked for a few years so it's cheaper. I'll stack again around Xmas.
Overall as a service it's great as I have two other family members that use it.

Premium is pretty trash, streaming PS3 games is mediocre, classic catalog is beyond mediocre. Aside from that it’s pretty decent, I get my value out of it.

Neolombax

Been using Premium/Deluxe, pretty happy with it. Good selection of games, game trials have been very useful so far.

It’s been great so far, needs more day 1 games, if they want more subscribers tho. Games like last of us part 1 and horizon new dlc should be given day 1 on extra, if they serious about get large number of users.

Ryūtō

I was hesitant to buy in at first, but I'm glad I did. Over the past couple of years I've played tons of games I never would've tried otherwise. There's a pretty nice selection of AAA games and more than a few great jrpgs to choose from. It may not be as robust as othe sub services, but there's some pretty good stuff, so I'm satisfied.

Zero_Karisma

Neo Member
Doing the extra tier. I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I did not think they would pour so much great content it. I’m very satisfied.

cripterion

PS Plus is absolute shit.
Just make multiplayer free and I'm off of it.

Now if somehow Sony gathered their shit together and made a sub with anime rounded up instead of having to have Wakanim/Crunchyroll/ADN subs that would be something.

Last edited:

Fabieter

I sub to premium but I buy so many games on pc, switch and ps5 that I don't have time to even try stuff on the sub. It's wasted on me.

Sw0pDiller

extra tier is pretty good, lots of games and good ones at that. I dont have the time anymore to buy and play all games i'd like at launch so extra suites me well. i upgraded somewhere in oktober from essential for 26 euro and played, miles morales, Darksiders genesis and Guardians of the Galaxy. the 40 euro extra over the essential a year is pretty good value for me.

Never really played much MP, I am not at all a day one buyer, and since the rise of steam I abandoned the idea of owning games, so PS+ was the perfect cheapass games rental service for me since its first service expansion after the hack, having more than just indie like games.
Now with an actual wide offer it is of course much better than before.
Essential is A- (was A when they had multiplatform support and two per system). Extra is A++ (anyone thinking a few bucks a month for that catalogue is bad, is insane. Same with GP I don't use. Value is actually unbelievable on either service) and even Premium is B.
I use streaming quite a bit, some PS3 games, but also PS4 games and while I don't care much about most of the pre-PS3 era, now and then trying some of those is okay. Which is basically really the only thing that could be improved without hurting themselves: Adding more PS1 garbage. Doing day 1 for everything could be done too of course, but why should the number 1 demolish their own gold sources. That's the aspiring competitor's job.

Last edited:
I really want the Ps2 Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill games on there. (even the Ps2 versions of Origins and shattered memories). There also needs to be more Capcom classics. Also, emulated PS3 hits like Resistance, Folklore, Killzone 2, MGS4, and Motorstorm.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I don't use it. I have Gamepass on PC and a dust collecting PS5 that gets the big exclusives now an then. If the service was as good as GP, I might rotate subs or sub to both, but as it is, it is kind of useless. Overall the PS5 is kind of a shitty value when you have a nice gaming PC hooked up to TV. I pay the Sony tax and get most of their big games, but I don't want to switch inputs to a box I only use for 2-3 games per year. If Sony did all exclusives ( 1st party and paid 3rd party) day 1 on a plan that cost $180 / year I'd be all over it and it would probably make me more excited for the platform. $240 might even be worth it. I like the service model for game delivery. I like finding games on gamepass that I wouldn't normally try if I had to pay for them. I have tried and liked a lot of games and I have tried and not really cared for some as well. I just don't like the idea of paying for a service and for day 1 games that will come to the service eventually, so I will just buy the games. Right now the service is a very shitty value compared to gamepass.

Mephisto40

I'll be changing my subscription to extra from premium when I have to renew, but other than that it's been good, played plenty of games off it, just never use the streaming stuff so no need to pay for it now

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Best deal in gaming. I've been spending way less than I used to, mostly saving the money for the real games made by Sony instead of most other games I used to spend on. It's a bad thing for lesser studios than Sony's standards. I have Premium just for fun, but Extra is the real thing.

Last edited:

shaddam

I am satisfied, but I'd love to see more ps1 games( or maybe vita games like soul sacrafice delta). I usually buy 1 or 2 AAA games per year on full price and I have a neverending backlog so I dont really care about not enough "free" new games.

gothmog

Gold Member
It has gotten better since launch. I am still not sure if premium is worth it but I think the concept of the tiering is good.

If you didn't have a big library the sub is a steal at any tier much like GamePass.

If I can get a good deal yearly during the holiday sales I'd be more than happy to keep subbing yearly.

Puscifer

PS Plus I'm unhappy with, largely because I just want to play call of duty and I'm forced into buying it, they removed the discounts that made it worth 35/40 bucks for me so I'm sticking with the free online on PC, especially where fighting games are concerned because anyone who plays long term eventually goes here anyway.

scydrex

I'm very satisfied with extra. Saved a ton of money already. Finished demon souls, returnal, miles morales, ghost of tsushima, death stranding, stray, scarlet nexus. Still have more games to play that are available. That's not counting the essential games. Finished Yakuza 7, playing judgment don't remember if extra or essential, will play Sackboy was waiting for it and still waiting for Ratchet. So yeah it's been awesome for me. To a new ps5 owner is a must have. A friend got his and paid 1hr because of me. Another friend will subscribe too.

Last edited:

Aenima

So far been prety satisfyed with both oferings, from PS+ Essential and Extra. Outside of the ocasional big release that i want to buy day 1, all the other games i have been playing are from the service.

Drizzlehell

Banned
TBH the last time I played any game from premium library was probably over half a year ago. I might as well drop it down to one of the lower tiers since I mainly use it to play online games.

It's not bad, especially if you're not flushed with cash and can't afford to buy too many games, but I just don't have that much use for it personally.

Last edited:

The Stig

Never subscribed. Had xbox live for a while to play forza 4 online. Still feel dirty.

Give me dedicated servers, you bastards!

nikos

My PS+ lapsed right before the new tiers were introduced and I never bothered to renew. First time ever.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Was so angry over the "classics" and PS1 situation that I complained over chat a few times. They made an exception and gave me a "once in a lifetime refund".

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Never thought I would miss the PS3. Free online play and a huge catalog of playstation classics you could simply just buy & play. I’m so sorry I insulted you, triple.

MirageMew2

Essential is underwhelming as always, even more so as games that’d previously be Essential launches (Bugsnax) have seemingly been pushed to Extra (Stray, T’Chia).

Extra has legitimately been delivering consistently.

Premium is clearly there as an extra squeeze. I’ll never be interested in streaming but I have found myself at one time or another willing to pay a sub $5 upgrade fee for a Game Trial, like TLOU Part 1.

odhiex

I usually bought (renewed) it during sales, like last year during Winter Sales with 30% cheaper for a year sub. So yeah, great values.

Moses85

PS+

I have it and
julia louis dreyfus do not want GIF

Forgot to cancel the automatic renewal

-Zelda-

Banned
Not very happy with it. There is a highly disappointing lack of PS1 and PS2 era JRPGS on it. I also do not like that the PS3 section is streaming only, with no download option.

Neilg

My subscription lapses next week and I won't be resubbing. The free games I've actually given a shit about in the last year have all been on sale for low enough that i'd have spent less just buying them.

Iced Arcade

I really enjoy PS+ Extra and will continue to sub every year.

I think gamepass is definitely ahead BUT gamepass is also a lot more expensive (without deals/tricks). PS+ extra is just shy from the price of a game so its an absolute no brainer and wouldn't want it doubling in price just to include 1st party day 1 releases.

sainraja

As I said in another similar thread, with gaming, I'm not too fond of paying a subscription for access unless they combine a bunch of different services together (like Apple One). I am a subscriber, but only for online access, and I consider the games on the subscription to be a bonus, as I will buy the games I know I am into and like. I totally get the value they provide, and if you don't care about having a library of games, then subs are a great option.

I used to like having a physical collection, but now I am mostly digital. Most things are going subscription-based anyway, so I dunno, I might come around if I am still into gaming when subs do for gaming what subs did for movies/music. I am not expecting the buy option to go completely away, but I can unfortunately see people placing less and less value in it.

My Game Pass Ultimate subscription will expire at the end of the year, and I will most likely downgrade my PS+ subscription later this year. I do like to try them out, though! So I'm not totally against 'em!

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I subscribed to Extra a few days ago cos it's got FF7, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding - all PS5 versions - and I want to play them before next gen graphics really make them obsolete. Figured for £11 for a month's access it was a no brainer.

I have to say, I'm really impressed by the catalogue. There really is a lot on there. I might well stay subscribed tbh. To me the extra tier feels like the premium element and vice versa. Why are people so desperate to play old PS1 games? Not to sound like Jim Ryan, but they've almost all aged terribly. They're like the 3d equivalent of Atari 2600 games.

Top Bottom