• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How satisfied are you with Ps Plus, Premium, Extra, Essential?

How satisfied are you with the new Ps Plus?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 165 43.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • I do not use it.

Votes: 80 21.2%
  • It is ok

Votes: 88 23.3%

• Total voters

engstra

Overall I think there's a lot of great games on offer. The games offered with Essential have generally been really good since the start of the tier system. Not a fan of the Ubisoft and SquareEnix content dumps but feels like that's mostly out of the way. Most recent month offering had a lot more variety. I'm subbed to Premium and wish the top tier was a bit better. They have added new classics more regularly in past months but it could still be doing so much more with it. Wouldn't have a problem with the PS3 catalogue being streamable if streaming wasn't so shit. Premium is a slight increase in price so I do still think it's worth the money.

I think it has a lot of holes in its PS1 selection, but I still think the service is worth it. People complain in doesn't have newer games, but I peersonally don't care, I buy them. It's the retro games that I can't get elsewhere, or own but can't play. Anything PSX and later, I want digitally. My retro/cartridge consoles are all hooked up to my old Trinitron (and I have two spare, new in box trinitron in the corner, I found them over 15 years ago in kind of a liquidation place, and immediately bought 3 of them).

I remember how happy my wife was when I showed up home, three days before our wedding, with 3 giant CRT tv's (not that happy lol) Not that we couldn't afford it, she just doesn't understand "why you have old junk TV's when we have new four new flat screens in the house?". Somehow, she can't see the difference between FFVI on a CRT and FFVI on an OLED. I still love her though.

I got way off topic, but overall, yes, i'm satisfied with it, but wish the retro selection was way better.

Business

Stopped using it since I don't play online these days. I originally subbed when it launched on PS3 but linking it to online play was the shittiest move.

Smasher89

Usually some kind of issues with claiming it and getting the bonuses, years ago i got it and were supposed to get 3 extra months, bought it the last day but never got those(emailed support and was supposed to get a answer following Monday).
This time i got it to not miss the ps5 collection games for when i might wanna play those, got it so I could claim all games but resident evil. A game which still is listed everywhere and linked to, but says it requires higher tier of subscription to claim, only when trying to claim it.

I can see literally no news at all saying anything more than the games expiring in may, so not being able to claim it seem ike false advertisement.

Onironauta

Only have Essential. A bit annoyed that I need a more expensive subscription to play the digital games I've already bought on PS3.

X-Wing

I have Premium and am really happy with the service. Excellent collection of games and the monthly games that are being offered with Plus are usually really good and you get to keep them.

Last edited:

Chechack

Extra user here,bought when there's discount few months back.

I mostly play japanes games and rpgs,so their offering currently is good until make me question should i ever bought a new game day 1 or just wait until in goes inside extra.

Varteras

Gold Member
Essential is just as good as PS+ ever was. Extra is great. Premium needs a lot of work. The classics are trickling in way too slowly. By next year it might be good for someone new to premium, but its lackluster otherwise. I would add some kind of additional perk to it if this is the rate we should expect games to be added.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Ps plus has been pretty shitty and like op ice had it since ps3. It's been particularly bad on ps5 though; if this is their strategy for making me upgrade it will never work.

Use it mostly for cloud storage and discounts on indie games. I make up the cost of the service with these indie discounts.

I should edit and say I mean essentials tier.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Had cut back lot things recently so I don't sub anymore if want a game most likely buy it launch so was never claiming the games it was mainly for cloud saves.

DOW

I’ve loved it. I missed the real life cycles of the ps3 and ps4. I got a ps4 a year ago and just recently upgraded to a ps5 so it’s been awesome playing all those exclusives I missed out on.

The classic library is dissapointing so far....
Considering the vast 30 years Playstation library it's total garbage

Premium is pretty trash, streaming PS3 games is mediocre, classic catalog is beyond mediocre. Aside from that it’s pretty decent, I get my value out of it.

Not happy with the classics. Happy with rest.
All the above. The "premium" part needs a lot of work because Sony has so many incredible classics, yet the choose to drip feed the highest paying customers crumbs, just like Nintendo does with their "premium" tier subscription service.

Reactions: TLZ

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Mine ran out a month ago. I can't justify paying for it right now.

Humdinger

I bought a year's worth of Essentials, but I haven't used it yet. I overestimated my desire to play old PS4 games I've already played.

Leonidas

I'm satisfied at the price I paid.

I ended up getting a year of Extra at $30 ($60 but my PSN credits were half off thanks to GameStop).

Fun to try new games and it was the main thing that got me to use my PS5. Now I use my PS5 several times a month to beat a few games each month to get my money's worth out of the subscription.

I really only use it for the multiplayer. I have toyed around with one game in the years since its exsistence. Giving you access to games with limited free times doesn't mean you want the games given to you.

Flabagast

I find it OK, but I am still buying a hell lot of games that are available day 1 on gamepass (only recently Tunic, Signalis, Citizen Sleeper & also Atomic Heart). If you prefer indies to AAA (which you should), PS+ offers are really shallow.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I've had Plus since day 1, that service is fine and the one I get the most use out of (Some). I signed up for whatever the spendy version of the new thing is and that has been a complete waste of money tbh. I buy alot of physical games and almost everything I want to play I've either played or is in my backlog. I've played a few indie titles I hadn't bought, but I don't see much value there. Where I THOUGHT i'd get my joy out of was the PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP choices, especially revisiting PS1 games with trophy support, but until last month when they added Legend of Dragoon their history collection selection is AWFUL. To many games are missing that should be no brainers. I'll be switching back to just regular plus in a few months when my sub is up until they put ANY effort into the classics colleciton

Winter John

Gold Member
Being primarily a pc user being forced to pay for online is what fucks me off the most. It's 2023 you greedy fucks. Same goes for XBox. It blows my mind that people actually defend that shit. Anyways, as for the games, Christ they suck balls. I guess they got some value to people who never ever buy games but I think the last game I downloaded was Biomutant. That lasted about 20 minutes. What a piece of shit that was.

xrnzaaas

I was never satisfied and if they dropped the online gaming and save storage requirements (for the PS5, I know it's possible to backup svaes on PS4) I'd drop the sub in a heartbeat.

From a bystander's standpoint I definitely think that the higher subs don't have enough day1 releases. Sony should fight for some smaller titles since they can't get big ones. Like for instance Stray was a great offering.

Premium is a piece of shit tier that is a bold proclamation of how much Sony truly does not care about their older games. They can't even bother to fix the PS2 classics that are now broken on PS5.

Top Bottom