• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How was the Playstation 5 livestream?

How was the PS5 livestream?

• Total voters

Michele

you.
I kinda wish there was a Serious tag, but eh, whichever suits.

I want a serious answer on how was the PS5 livestream. Personally I can't vote immediately now, but I want to at least know your opinions on how did you feel about the livestream.

Amazing, loved the vibes and music and transitions between the trailers.

It really put me in a different world and that shocking finale of the console reveal!

What a gorgeous looking console, truly designed for that airflow yummy!

First they hype up as this:

Sony's Jim Ryan: “It's time to give fans something that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation 5”

then it was very disappointing ALL of the gameplay they showed could be easily done on PS4. Easily.

ShinNL

The fantasy stuff looked great, Kena, Project Athia and Horizon 2. Didn't see any wow'ing possibilities not possible before though, except maybe Ratchet & Clank (though that just looked confusing to me).

The console itself is gorgeous though.

Overall, I just had the sense of... k, that's the PS5.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I've got to be honest, I didn't think it felt right for some reason. Only Demon's Soul, Sackboy and Horizon interested me. Everything else just came across as boring. I can't put my finger on why.

Kagero

Games didn't look as good as I was expecting. A step above the XSX stuff but nothing mind blowing. I also don't like the console design :( Over all, there are a lot of games so B+ is safe.

Psykodad

Banned
Great, not woahhhhh...

Also, Mista Mista , how did my predictions for PS5-exclusives, gameplay and HZD2 for the event go?
tenor.gif

Last edited:

baphomet

First they hype up as this:

Sony's Jim Ryan: “It's time to give fans something that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation 5”

then it was very disappointing ALL of the gameplay they showed could be easily done on PS4. Easily.

they'are as possible on the PS4 as they are the PS1.

It was....decent enough, but I hate the Shape Montages between every game and not many games couldn't be done on PS4.

Looks like a lot of people agree that it was....okay but not amazing.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, not bad but not great either. Overall, very underwhelming and disappointing. Still trying to find out of Spider Man, Horizon and Ratchet & Clank are sequels or stop gaps before the sequels.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It was ok. Some good looking next-gen games, but most part seemed it could run on current gen systems (Quality stream? I dunno...)

And for that, I think that the winner of this presentation was PS4. It still has an awesome catalogue of games to be played before jumping to PS5.

Regarding the design, I like it, it's beautiful. The Digital version looks more refined and symmetrical, but I will probably buy the one with the optical drive, because physical games tend to get better deals faster.

My only grip is how you can put the console horizontally...

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem is that expectations are too high. The mid cycle refresh with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X was a very good power bump. That makes the delta between those consoles, and the next generation less than it would have been without the mid cycle refresh. But we do have a crazy good CPU jump. I hope devs tap into that.

Eimran

I'd give it a 7 but considering the fact they gave nothing the last two years. No events, no E3 and this is the best they came up with. 90% indie. I give it a 5.

SonicJams

Almost every game was "Isolation" and/or "Epic" themed with a "Quiet" or "Monsters" world.

There were lots of games, but most lacked personality.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Solid 85-90 nothing but fucking games, gameplay, many first party, some heavy hitters as well as platformer, some indies. Variety off the chain. No cutscene focus but pure gameplay.

Really put a smile on my face and Demon Souls smh can't say more.

Console is a thing of beauty I can't wait.

I'd give it an 8/10.

It was really good, lots of variety amongst the games, alot of fun looking stuff, variety of art styles, big and small titles, and some real bombshell reveals.

But it felt like it needed one more big reveal. If they'd had FF16, GTA6 or God Of War it would have been perfect.

Also no BC news was a let down. If this thing had the whole PS back catalogue on it I'd be buying day one. As it is, I'll probably get one for Christmas in 2021.

Top Bottom