• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Howard Stern wants out now, says Viacom lawyers getting to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,138280,00.html

Howard Stern (search) — claiming he's being "jerked around" and "threatened" by his bosses — says he might start on satellite radio a lot sooner than Jan. 1, 2006.

"A buddy of mine who shall remain nameless says ... Viacom is trying to get Sirius (search) [Satellite Radio] to pay off my contract and then I would leave early 'cause Sirius is anxious to get the show started," Stern told listeners Wednesday.

The top-rated bad boy — who shocked the radio world last month with the announcement he was quitting broadcast radio to take a big-money offer from satellite radio — has been sounding uncharacteristically depressed of late.

He says he's being peppered by "legal letters" and "threats" from Viacom (search) lawyers.

And elsewhere around the country — Stern airs in 46 cities — his show is being heavily censored by Infinity, Viacom's radio unit.

"Jimmy Kimmel wrote me [that] they're trashing the show [in L.A.], cutting pieces out and putting in more commercials than ever," Stern said.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Yeah, Fox News is only about 2 weeks late with this "news". He's been saying this on his show for a while now. In his opinion he doesn't think Sirius should pay the money (even though he'd like them to) because he'll be with them in a year anyway... plus he's still busy getting his channels together. He's going to have 3 of them and they are still trying to iron out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom