• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive World Tour Dates & Locations are up.

Nzyme32

I guess the Portal thing is important to them

11012031_670900249706721_7547105971644040284_n.jpg

"World Tour"

"No Canada locations"

God damn it.

They specifically say it is what they have "currently" and then state:

"Please note that tour dates and locations are subject to change, so we will provide updated information in this post throughout the length of the tour."

I mean having Kansas City, but the East Coast doesn't exist apparently. lol

Yeah I realized that's what you meant after I posted, hence the derp. Like someone else said they'll surely add more dates, tour as it is now is too bare bones to get the on the street word out there on a big enough scale.

Vlaphor

Can they be a bit more specific of the Kansas City places/times? Would love to go. Only VR experience I've had so far is a quick cell phone demo at a Best Buy and I still found that amazing.

NM, just saw that the KC event was cancelled...

theeraser

Looking forward to the Chicago stop!

How early are you guys gonna get there? I think it starts at 10, and I was gonna try to be in the area for 9:30... Hopefully that's early enough. Not sure how much of a crowd this event is gonna attract.

At most stops, the truck is in operation for 10 hours each day. We can run 6 demos in an hour (3 demo bays x 2 half-hour slots in an hour = 6 demos per hour). With a little wiggle room, we can complete about 60 demos in a full day. Of course, depending on how the day goes, that number can decrease or increase slightly.

Man, only 60 demos a day? Feels like they're a tad under equipped for this sort of thing.

ChopstickNinja

Neo Member
Man, only 60 demos a day? Feels like they're a tad under equipped for this sort of thing.

I was at Comic-con and did the demo there. On the first day they took appointments for a 30 minute demo. By the second day they just had people line-up and shortened it to a 10-15 minute demo.

There were a lot of unhappy people in the long lines - so maybe they are just taking their lessons learned and saying up front what to expect.

Slash

Banned
See gaf at the Chicago event!

Looking forward to the Chicago stop!

How early are you guys gonna get there? I think it starts at 10, and I was gonna try to be in the area for 9:30... Hopefully that's early enough. Not sure how much of a crowd this event is gonna attract.

It's good to live in Chicago this upcoming week, i am headed to Navy Pier on Thursday myself. And Theeraser, i plan getting there 2 hours early if it starts at 10. I can't go till the last day so i want to make sure i get a spot. And if i can, if it is slow i will try to go again!!

Woah, i just noticed that HTC is basically keeping the Vive tour in the Chicago area for nearly a week, what is up with that? I guess Chicago is important to HTC lol. It will move to North Shore Beach for the 25 and 26th after Navy Pier, how odd.

Ah so by world they mean US and EU :-\

I'm just salty it's not coming to my country or even a country near me. I'll be waiting for your impressions gaf

PolishQ

How were the lines? I'm going tomorrow and any tips would be great

Well, I'm still in line. There are probably only a dozen people in line, but they can only do three demos at a time and each demo is about 30 minutes long. If you get here right at 10am, you'll probably have a shorter wait, but otherwise plan to wait 2-3 hours.

ss_lemonade

I can only imagine the lines at PAX for this. Oculus was tough to get try out there, you had to have either good timing or patience to wait a long time in line

Top Bottom