• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hudson to be closed completely on March 1, 2012

OnPoint

Looks like Konami will be closing Hudson down as of March 1, 2012.

Konami Digital Entertainment (KDE) has merged with Hudson on March 01, Hudson will be dissolved. Hudson on January 17, revealed in a report submitted to the extraordinary length of the Kanto Local Finance Bureau.

KDE is a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company Konami Hudson in April 2005. Hudson has produced content for mobile phones, "in the field of business opportunities for the SNS, to concentrate management resources on core business KDE, Digital Entertainment Group company, to further strengthen cooperation," as to the merger.

Hudson in 1973, started out as amateur radio equipment dealers in Sapporo. Embarked on the sale of game software for PC then Nintendo "Family Computer" entered the software for. "Bange ring bay" known for, such as "Family BASIC" was jointly developed by Nintendo to.

-- Original story
-- English translation

This is super sad to me. I always liked Hudson's games, but I guess the writing was on the wall with the switch to mobile development.

I wonder if anything will happen to the games on the Virtual Console and XBLA.

Gaspode found this news, I just saw it on his Twitter feed

Salaadin

Remember when that one guy pretended to be them and let us think that Bloody Roar was coming back? Yeah, I hate that guy.

RIP Hudson. I love you.

Brannon

So what, Konami's whole reason for buying Hudson was to kill them off? That's what it seems like. Not even a final Hudson super compilation? Damn it.

notlikethis3rxq.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does this mean that all the PCEngine titles on PSN will be gone?

Fuck you Konami, you're the worst publisher in Japan this generation.

lenovox1

So what, Konami's whole reason for buying Hudson was to kill them off? That's what it seems like. Not even a final Hudson super compilation? Damn it.

notlikethis3rxq.gif

Yeah, that whole buyout seemed to be pointless. It just seemed to waste Konami a lot of time and a lot of money.

Jeeves

I don't really understand why Konami bought them in the first place if this is what they were going to do with them. :/

notlikethis3rxq.gif

Yeah, the logic behind this acquisition is bewildering. I would've thought it was to acquire any remaining IPs, but yeah...it's just been depressing how it's gone.

Maybe Konami just wanted to be charge of and profit from the various TurboGrafx-16 game rereleases?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Fuck Konami. They have murdered a legacy.

I would say I'd protest but I don't think I've bought a Konami product this generation.

So poking around on Wiki, I did buy a few DS games and a few of their digital games. Still, fuck 'em.

Nd_Cube_logo.png

You all know what you must do!

I just realized, didn't Hudson have all of their IPs in their name? Unless Konami took the IPs with them and are in their name after the buyout... wouldn't this mean that the IPs are ripe for the picking?

NINTENDO YOU SHALL NOT MESS THIS UP! Bomberman = NOW! XD

RIP Hudson.

Fond memories of the NES Adventure Island games. Maybe I'll set my calendar for March 1 and stream a marathon. :( At least it's a better farewell than Konami provided.

They didn't want the IPs
They didn't want the developers
They wanted a small firm for facebook games
They wanted just to kill my childhood infront of my teary eyes

RIP old Konami and Hudson :(

997794_172131_back.jpg

If Deca Sports 3DS is accurate, then Hudson kept their IPs. (right below the blonde dude kicking the ball).

So yes, Konami doesn't have them, so unless for some stupid reason they decided to keep them anyway, they can be grabbed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
RIP HUDSON

That suck to see what's happens to Hudson. They made a lot of good games that kept me entertained for long time. Mario Party, Bomberman, Bonk, Bloody Roar

What would happens to Hudson's IPs?

fuck you, konami. Your greed cost us a great company.

sk3tch

Man...Hudson singlehandedly powered the TurboGrafx-16 in my eyes. They put out all of my favorite games for the system. Sad news.

lupinko

Does this mean that all the PCEngine titles on PSN will be gone?

Fuck you Konami, you're the worst publisher in Japan this generation.

Konami could just take up all the publishing/distribution, they always owned Hudson during those releases.

Top Bottom