• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hudson to be closed completely on March 1, 2012

I wonder what will happen to their stuff on WiiWare/Virtual Console. I still have a decent number of TG16 games that I haven't picked up. I don't want to rush out and get them all, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to grab one every week or so. I suppose this also rules out the plans to have TG16 games show up on 3DS Virtual Console as well. Blech.

Boy, this news is rough. I've even hooked up my PC-Engine recently and played some HuCards.

basik

does anyone want to play some online co-op in hudsons FPS onslaught on wii ware? I still like that game. its like starship troopers.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I don't think it's that. It's just that it would be SO easy for them to treat Hudson as well as Square-Enix treats Taito. Some dignity might be drawn from old developers running out their creations and new staff experimenting with known properties.
So the people saying "fuck off and die Konami" are really having that at the forefront of their mind? I think it's people just refusing to realize that video games are a business and not a grand museum of their childhood.

Busaiku

So the people saying "fuck off and die Konami" are really having that at the forefront of their mind? I think it's people just refusing to realize that video games are a business and not a grand museum of their childhood.

It should be though.

I asked earlier but didn't get an answer. How is Bomberman Blitz on the eshop? Does the multiplayer work if your playing on the 3ds? I think I could talk some friends into picking that up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kororinpa was one of my favourite games early on in the Wii's life. I really should look into finding the sequel, but I have a backlog slowly building up.

Haven't played a Bomberman game in years (Bomberman Tournament on the GBA was my last). Mostly down to my friends not being interested so multiplayer sessions were no more.

Goodbye Hudson. ( ´⼍`)フ

zeelman

Can we officially stop this idea that Japanese videogame corporations are not soulless and greedy like North American videogame corporations? They seem to do just as good of a job buying companies and running them into the ground.

qq more

Can we officially stop this idea that Japanese videogame corporations are not soulless and greedy like North American videogame corporations? They seem to do just as good of a job buying companies and running them into the ground.

Wait, who actually believed that? Capcom got a lot of hate too.

zeelman

Wait, who actually believed that? Capcom got a lot of hate too.

With the way people act when comparing Microsoft to Sony (at any forum I go to, not just his one), I figured most people think Japanese videogame corporations are somehow better.

rpmurphy

does anyone want to play some online co-op in hudsons FPS onslaught on wii ware? I still like that game. its like starship troopers.
I liked it as well and was looking forward to a possible eventual sequel. :[

I asked earlier but didn't get an answer. How is Bomberman Blitz on the eshop? Does the multiplayer work if your playing on the 3ds? I think I could talk some friends into picking that up.
It's fun, but there's no new gimmicks for this version. If you're planning local MP, I'd definitely recommend it. Online is somewhat cumbersome to do -- friend code exchanges, yadda yadda.

GhaleonQ

Sure, sure! Amend that 1st sentence of mine. Obviously, you're well-informed enough to know who's who (industry-wide, too, I bet). There are some who would rank Davis Wise's work above Jean Sibelius'. There are others who remember 1 thing about a company and hate them for eternity (oh, Stardock).

I think a not insignificant portion just think the businessmen look less like emotionally neutral, bottom line-focused gentlemen and more like sweaty, indebted incompetents. And though Igarashi's swan song is in my 10 favorite games ever, I think Konami's sad this generation.

Pulled out my TurboExpress last night and played some New Adventure Island and Air Zonk in memory of one of my fave developers of the 8/16-bit era... I haven't followed their output for years, but I'll be playing their games into my grave, I'm sure...

wsippel

Banned
Nintendo used to be Hudson's second or third largest shareholder if I remember correctly. Did Konami pay them out? Maybe give them one or two of their teams, or a few IPs? Or did Nintendo get Konami shares in exchange?

Nintendo used to be Hudson's second or third largest shareholder if I remember correctly. Did Konami pay them out? Maybe give them one or two of their teams, or a few IPs? Or did Nintendo get Konami shares in exchange?
Eww gross, why would Nintendo wants shares of new Konami?

Top Bottom