• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hudson to be closed completely on March 1, 2012

Shiggy

Nd_Cube_logo.png

You all know what you must do!

I just realized, didn't Hudson have all of their IPs in their name? Unless Konami took the IPs with them and are in their name after the buyout... wouldn't this mean that the IPs are ripe for the picking?

NINTENDO YOU SHALL NOT MESS THIS UP! Bomberman = NOW! XD

I thought NDCube only absorbed the leads of the Mario Party team, which was then not really working on other Hudson titles, were they? Originally, the team was Monegi, a Nintendo/Hudson joint-venture, which was dissolved in 2002. Afer that, the team kept existing within Hudson.

well on the bright side Konami is still gonna keep on delivering budget conscious yet top quality stuff like NeverDead. They had to make some sacrifices you know.

I thought NDCube only absorbed the leads of the Mario Party team, which was then not really working on other Hudson titles, were they? Originally, the team was Monegi, a Nintendo/Hudson joint-venture, which was dissolved in 2002. Afer that, the team kept existing within Hudson.

The president of NdCube was also the president of Hudson for ages.

It_Hurts

Banned
Tears drop on my complete PC Engine Hudson collection but I guess they just had a hard time changing to the modern days of gaming.

gdt

I played a lot of their stuff as a kid...I think, but meh. Sucks for people to lose their jobs and all, but I don't have an overly emotional connection to them.

So now their IPs are with Konami? So now they have Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Bomberman.

Roto13

But.... Bomberman. :(

I'm wondering if this means I should buy Bomberman Hero on the Virtual Console, just in case I don't get another chance.

But.... Bomberman. :(

I'm wondering if this means I should buy Bomberman Hero on the Virtual Console, just in case I don't get another chance.

mmhhh... I think I will get all Hudson games of the VC service and 3DS'es/DSi's eshop over the next month.
I have the bad feeling they will be gone soon.
I'm just glad that I already purchased 95% of the PC engine games from the virtual console store a long time ago.

Sad...

I remember reading an article in EDGE back in late '93 or early '94, about their visit to Hudson HQ, and showed pictures of Bomberman running on a huge Widescreen High Definition TV, which were just coming out in Japan.

First time i'd ever heard about HD TV...

I'll try and dig out the old issue and scan it and put it up here...

KageMaru

Sad sad news. This has been such a troubling generation for so many great companies. It's quite depressing. =(

HD consoles claim another victim.

Didn't they only release a small handful of games on the HD twins? Wouldn't it be the Wii claiming this victim since most of their software landed on that platform?

Maybe I read their games list wrong, but that's how it looked to me.

Celine

Sad...

I remember reading an article in EDGE back in late '93 or early '94, about their visit to Hudson HQ, and showed pictures of Bomberman running on a huge Widescreen High Definition TV, which were just coming out in Japan.

First time i'd ever heard about HD TV...

I'll try and dig out the old issue and scan it and put it up here...
I know what issue you mean.
Video

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So many Hudson games (like new Bonk and Bomberman) cancelled when they were bought, and now there's no chance of bringing them back.

freddy

Banned
I'm going to think of this when I hear the next developer say how glad they are to be brought by company x and how it will allow them more freedom and money to expand upon their ideas.

TreIII

...They done killed my precious Bomberman. And just when that 3DS game looked like the 64 sequel I always wanted. T_T

chris3116

I always thought that Nintendo would buy Hudson from Konami at some point since both had a strong relationship. I know that some people of the Mario Party team are now with NdCube.

I bought some TG-16 games on the VC years ago and it was cool. The last game on TG-16 on VC that was released was Castlevania Rondo of Blood if I remember.

RIP Hudson that gave me Bonk and Bomberman. Konami should die.

Alrus

Seriously why did Konami buy Hudson? Why were their investors okay with them spending money for nothing? What the hell :/

And I'm gonna miss Bomberman so much ;_;

Oh no. :( Why Konami, why?
(The weird thing is that I also like Konami, for sort of similar reasons I like Hudson, and would be quite sad if they shut down, too...)

...Is this technically part of the Nintendo curse, where developers they sell eventually shut down?

Top Bottom