• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huey Lewis tried to sleep with my girlfriend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my GF is in Baltimore on a business trip, some association of trial lawyers.

Huey Lewis and the News were booked to perform at their party last night, and Huey met my GF. He was into her, and supposedly kept 'hitting' on her during the show...haven't really found out exactly what that entailed.

After the show they're hanging out in the hotel lobby, Huey wants to pose for a pic with my GF. She takes a pic with him, and then he tries to get her to come up to his hotel room. She declines, reminding him that she has a husband (we're not married but we live together) and he freaks out. Has a tantrum in the lobby in front of EVERYONE who was at the show. He then gets in the elevator, and according to a friend of my GF's who was in the elevator with him, he was swearing and kicking the elevator the whole ride to his floor.

So yeah, that's what happened. My girlfriend is equal parts disgusted and amused. Thought I'd share cuz why the hell not?

Feel free to share your own dubious celebrity encounters or just make Huey Lewis jokes.

UPDATE: I tweeted Huey Lewis. If anyone feels like retweeting me my handle is @BrendanBourque2

FStop7

Banned
He's a weirdo. Heard a radio interview w/ him a few months ago. He thinks it's still 1985 and that he's a big star.

I imagine the comedown from your music being in every movie and on the radio every 30 seconds to playing free shows in Red Lobster parking lots is pretty brutal.

segasonic

americanpsycho.jpg

huey.jpg

huey-lewis-american-psycho-funny-or-die-600x369.jpg

hueylewis.png

studyguy

Malcom McDowell hit on my girlfriend when I met him in Santa Barbara before.
Wasn't even mad. Went way better than your story, 10/10 would meet him again. Just maybe not with my girlfriend around.

"Do you like Huey Lewis & The News? Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own – both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'Hip To Be Square', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics – but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!"

EDIT: damnit segasonic.

AlexMogil

He wanted a new drug.

Also to you, sir: is there trouble in paradise? Do you ask yourself if this is it? Have you been doing it all for your baby? You better go back in time and learn to respect yourself or else she won't feel happy to be stuck with you.

It's kind of amazing that people can still tour on music that was last popular 30 years ago. KISS has a football related reality show now. That's absurd.

Quick

Banned
She didn't believe in love.

He wanted to be stuck with her.

He wanted a new drug, one that made him feel like he feels when he's alone with her.

You might think he's crazy, but he doesn't even care, because he can tell what's going on.

She didn't want to do it all for Huey.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Sorry mate, Huey Lewis did your GF, you're just getting a fairy tale instead.

Tangeroo

So my GF is in Baltimore on a business trip, some association of trial lawyers.

Huey Lewis and the News were booked to perform at their party last night, and Huey met my GF. He was into her, and supposedly kept 'hitting' on her during the show...haven't really found out exactly what that entailed.

After the show they're hanging out in the hotel lobby, Huey wants to pose for a pic with my GF. She takes a pic with him, and then he tries to get her to come up to his hotel room. She declines, reminding him that she has a husband (we're not married but we live together) and he freaks out. Has a tantrum in the lobby in front of EVERYONE who was at the show. He then gets in the elevator, and according to a friend of my GF's who was in the elevator with him, he was swearing and kicking the elevator the whole ride to his floor.

So yeah, that's what happened. My girlfriend is equal parts disgusted and amused. Thought I'd share cuz why the hell not?

Feel free to share your own dubious celebrity encounters or just make Huey Lewis jokes.

Did she send you the pic? Can you post it (with your girlfriend's face blurred out for privacy)?

GringoJB

These stories are always so weird. The dude from Spoon tried to get my wife's (married) friend back to his hotel room once... Basically pulled the whole "I know that you're married but, so what, I'm a rock star" card. Kinda barfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom