• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hundreds of people line up for new PSVR shipment in Japan

BigEmil

The sad thing is it seems once again a large amount of the units yesterday went to them instead of those that really wanted it. I'm still angry about my attempts to try and buy one yesterday on Sony Japan's store page and many other sites with no luck at all. Thing is huge in Japan and so many want it. I would buy immediately right now if I could. Sadly don't know when that will happen here with this supply issues. Very frustrating.
That's a shame :(
What's the more exotic component, the lens/optics or native 120Hz OLED?
Very good question, I'd guess the optics since is been praised alot stuff like PSVR optics is the clearest and sharpest optics of all VR headsets out etc and less of that think it was called banding somethinf like that forgot the specific term compared to the others too so very high quality optics!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
MTM3NzYwOTI5NDUzNDUwOTEw.gif

Kept you wanking, huh?

Greyvvolf

I knew that the US had problems with people finding somewhere to buy this but I am surprised about Japan, to be honest. I didn't know they had inventory issues like that over there until I read about it just now on Kotaku. There are plenty in Canada it seems. I was able to get mine online at BestBuy in late October.

VR is so polarizing. People all have different opinions on games and hardware.

DC1

But if it was nintendo made, everybody screams fake shortage.

Vr will do well when the technology is actually up to par. Resident evil is one game. That i can play on my tv even. It needs so many many more,
You haven't played with the PS VR yet have you?

ranmafan

That's a shame :(

It really is. Like I said in another thread earlier, lots of people ended up not just disappointed yesterday but quite angry. They kinda made a big deal out of this restock and its obvious they didn't have anywhere close to the numbers needed to satisfy demand. Plus every major store site saleing it all crashed for anyone trying to buy one like me. I was shocked, in comparison the switch wasn't so hard to preorder if you wanted.

I still have one last option for this batch. One major store did an online lottery. If I win that this weekend I can buy a unit. But the chances are slim to none. Sadly it's looking like months before I can buy one now, cause it seems only scalpers are getting them and the prices they are charging are insane!

The PSVR shortages have been a bummer for me and my brother, been trying to get the bundle for at least 2 months now.

gonna be waiting a while on the launch bundle for a long time as that sku was removed from stores as by its name it was launch day only.

BigEmil

It really is. Like I said in another thread earlier, lots of people ended up not just disappointed yesterday but quite angry. They kinda made a big deal out of this restock and its obvious they didn't have anywhere close to the numbers needed to satisfy demand. Plus every major store site saleing it all crashed for anyone trying to buy one like me. I was shocked, in comparison the switch wasn't so hard to preorder if you wanted.

I still have one last option for this batch. One major store did an online lottery. If I win that this weekend I can buy a unit. But the chances are slim to none. Sadly it's looking like months before I can buy one now, cause it seems only scalpers are getting them and the prices they are charging are insane!
Yeah this really sucks.. atleast maybe if your lucky by the time you do get able to finally order one without such issues some stuff will get discounted including the games which already is, at launch all the VR games were priced too high now it's starting to get better oh well

viHuGi

Banned
I can't find a single Ps4 Pro over here, thank God I got mine at launch, also if you want a Switch or Scorpio, make sure you pre order ASAP.

WadeitOut

Vaporware

VR is dead

lol

There are 13 million people in the Tokyo metropolitan area. Hundreds of people lining up for something there is about as significant as hundreds of people lining up for something in New York. Where you get a hundred person line just to try something out.

ranmafan

Yeah this really sucks.. atleast maybe if your lucky by the time you do get able to finally order one without such issues some stuff will get discounted including the games which already is, at launch all the VR games were priced too high now it's starting to get better oh well

Yeah you're right about the games. Hopefully the accessories will be too. One thing that really sucks about PSVR in Japan is that the move controllers have also been sold out for months. I ended up importing those this week as I had thought this restock was going to be substational considering the hype they put into it and all the game related releases for it too. Now I have to make the difficult choice instead of playing my copy of RE7 without vr now, or possibly waiting a long time to play it the way I want.

Hopefully I and others get some luck and get a unit soon. It's the gaming thing I want the most for sure right now.

Gold_Loot

There are 13 million people in the Tokyo metropolitan area. Hundreds of people lining up for something there is about as significant as hundreds of people lining up for something in New York. Where you get a hundred person line just to try something out.
I think the point is, this is something that's been on the market for months. Three hundred plus people lining up for just a restock is definitely nothing to scoff at.

ranmafan

I think the point is, this is something that's been on the market for months. Three hundred plus people lining up for just a restock is definitely nothing to scoff at.

Especially these days less people line up for games and such than say 15 years ago, thanks to online stores and such. People lining up in an insanely cold season for Japan this year on a normal weekday is quite remarkable in the current console landscape in Japan. And it really shows how big this thing is here. Lots of people want this. And not just the hardcore gamer, as I've said before I've talked to many former gamers and non gamers here and they all want one of these too. Some will buy a PS4 just for it. It's a hot product and that's a great sign for Sony.

But yeah if the next restock is as bad as yesterday's one was it's going to make the situation much worse. People are getting impatient and you can see that with the floods of negative reviews and comments yesterday on Amazon Japan and sonys own pages for PSVR in Japan. They really need to find a way to either get more stock into Japan or allow people a way to at least get a preorder down where they know sometime in the near future they can get one. Otherwise Sony might lose lots of potential customers on this.

Piggus

I'm baffled by Sony's inability to provide steady PSVR shipment worldwide. I wanted to grab one and they're unavailable everywhere and noone knows when they might get new units. Bizarre.

Yep, wanted to get one around Christmas but couldn't find one anywhere. Pre-ordered a Switch instead and don't know when or if I'll be able to afford a PSVR. Your loss, Sony.

ranmafan

I'm sure there's a forwarding service like Tenso but in reverse. I understand wanting to buy it locally though (cheaper, and possibly warranty issues).

Yeah I looked into a few actually out of curiosity and the prices they were quoteing were insane, in almost every case almost as bad as the cheapest scalpers in Japan. So I'm going to avoid that. If Amazon ever gets in new stock however that maybe an option as they have reasonable shipping costs. However they recently changed their product page to say PSVR can no longer be shipped internationally. So most likely that's a no go.

So I'll probably end up waiting for a Japanese one. Sucks but not much I can do about it.

Top Bottom