• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hundreds of people line up for new PSVR shipment in Japan

VR is dead, PSVR sucks and no one wants it, wake me up inside etc

Make some fucking games then, ffs. I guess Sony's first party output around the PS4 launch was also hot garbage but, still... Get it together.
As much as we would like to believe it, no one can shake a magic wand and make games appear out of thin air. What's your evidence for Sony not working on any VR games?

MTM3NzYwOTI5NDUzNDUwOTEw.gif
lol this is even more fucked up than that other Japanese VR gif

I knew PSVR would save PS4 in Japan!!1

It's finally in stock a little everywhere in Switzerland since a couple of days, I even saw a whopping 20 PSVRs stacked in one shop! I hope they finally fixed their production problems or whatever was going on.

Hasney

If the production issues aren't fixed I don't see a bright future for PS VR until the next iteration.

I mean, with everyone and their dog saying how DOOMED VR is before the PSVR was even out, they probably never intended to make large quantities because they doubt it would sell out of the gate. Now they're in a position where the demand outstrips the supply and they've got to ramp up, but that can take months.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Resident Evil 7 came out like two days ago?

Arguably RE7 is the most complete and polished AAA VR experience currently available regardless of platform.
It's without a doubt the way to play that game, if you got the stones for it, that is.

Sure, Sony has VR exclusivity but I wouldn't call that a "first-party" title. That cupboard is bare and the only first-party game of any significance they've released has had its studio shut down since launch day. We're not sure when the hell Farpoint is happening (how the hell have we known about this game for so long yet seen so little?), as far as I know, and the only other first party announcement I've seen is that arena-style shooty game. I suppose you could throw GT and Ace Combat on the list but those just have VR 'experiences'/missions.

With PS4, the shit first-party launch lineup was somewhat bearable because they had established IPs that we knew were coming to the console whether they had announced them yet or not. Not to mention full AAA third party support. PSVR doesn't have any of that. Maybe I need to revisit a list of games that have been announced, but there's nothing coming up that I need to get for VR.

As much as we would like to believe it, no one can shake a magic wand and make games appear out of thin air. What's your evidence for Sony not working on any VR games?

What's my evidence that games that have never been announced aren't actually being worked on? Am I understanding that question correctly? Do you have proof of the contrary? I can't prove that "things not known to exist actually don't exist."

I'm fairly certain that the Vita got more software announcements at PSX. Not first party, sure, but c'mon...

firelogic

I figure they need to manufacture PS4 slims, PS4 Pros, and PSVRs. There's only so many facilities and so many hours in a day.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
PSVR continuing to sell out.

VR is dead.

LMIxTiC.gif

ViolentP

But if it was nintendo made, everybody screams fake shortage.

Vr will do well when the technology is actually up to par. Resident evil is one game. That i can play on my tv even. It needs so many many more,

Just like how Nintendo will do well when their technology is up to par?

Hasney

John Lewis in the UK got some more stock in today. Not sure how long it lasted, but it was gone within 3 hours when I saw the notification.

What's my evidence that games that have never been announced aren't actually being worked on? Am I understanding that question correctly? Do you have proof of the contrary? I can't prove that "things not known to exist actually don't exist."

I'm fairly certain that the Vita got more software announcements at PSX. Not first party, sure, but c'mon...
You have no idea what Sony is planning. That's my point. This thing just came out a few months ago, with a fantastic launch lineup I would argue, and already people are complaining about 1st party support. It's bizarre.

Damn, wasn't even aware the demand is higher than the supply on this thing. Downloaded RE7 last night so going to hopefully start dipping into that tonight.

I really regret not buying the PSVR when it first came out. Every Gamestop had piles for what seemed like weeks then it caught on strangely out of nowhere and it took me over a month and a half to find a $399 headset (Forcing me to buy the wands elsewhere) at a walmart after weeks of calling and checking brickseek.

Hope things improve as more AAA games get VR.

Also, there are so many classic Japanese arcade games that could use a VR facelift. I hope we get to see more JP VR games in the near future besides DOABeach Volleyball...

ranmafan

Beware the scalpers

The sad thing is it seems once again a large amount of the units yesterday went to them instead of those that really wanted it. I'm still angry about my attempts to try and buy one yesterday on Sony Japan's store page and many other sites with no luck at all. Thing is huge in Japan and so many want it. I would buy immediately right now if I could. Sadly don't know when that will happen here with this supply issues. Very frustrating.

Top Bottom