• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype level check for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

purg3

slept with Malkin
After putting some time in with the beta, not too hyped. With some tweaks I think it can be okay, but as it is now, it's not fun. I'm cautiously optimistic for the SP though. Regardless I'm getting it for MWR.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Between the meh beta and how great BF1 is, this was downgraded from "day one" to "wait for the review and pick it up on sale."

This will be the 4th time in a row i get kinda interested in playing another COD, then see / try beta and just lose all interest as i remember why i stopped playing them.

Im kind of over the types of campaigns they do as well.

PSYGN

Hyped! Battlefield is too slow for me, but that isn't to say it's not enjoyable I just don't get the adrenaline rush feeling I get with Titanfall or CoD.

jrush64

Banned
This might be the first Call of Duty I don't get on release day since Modern Warfare 1. I'll still get it down the line.

CHC

My only hope is for a good campaign. I may or may not pick it up for the Modern Warfare remastered campaign, but I hope Infinite Warfare can stand on its own in terms of a decently paced single player portion. I don't think so though, every COD campaign has pretty much sucked since... I don't know.... a long while now. Black Ops III was insultingly awful in that regard.

I haven't really enjoyed COD multiplayer since the original Modern Warfare. I will admit it will probably be fun to revisit that in the remaster, though.

I pre-ordered the $79 one for MWR.. but likely won't pick it up now.

BF1 is just too much fun, I'm sure to get enough use out of that to wait for a sale or discount.

I have hope that IW will have a good single player campaign, but who knows at this point.

A handful of YouTube channels are expressing their distaste to it. I've also met nearly no one who is feeling it for IW but MWR is getting alot of love.

No buy for me after the Beta. I may pick it up later but I think I'm just done with COD games for now, so many things about them rub the the wrong way. They have just failed to fix major things that me and a lot of people have been asking for for years. I'm getting TF2 and already have BF1.

RAL1992

Have to agree with a few of the posts here, I personally purchased the 'deluxe edition' and was pretty hyped coming off BO:3 but I really couldn't get anything going in the beta, the spawn points were terrible but hopefully they can adjust a few things in time for launch, if not it'll of been worth it for MW:Remastered and a IW campaign run, at least that's how I'm going to justify it to myself.

Barakov

Gold Member
After the second beta I definitely came around on it. Overall, I'm still more excited for MWR.

I'm still hoping that the full version of IW will surprise me.

I think the yearly releases made me burnt out on the COD games

I normally would jump at the chance of a space focused game where you are on other planets, but I still havent finished Blackops 3 campaign and it feels similar in being high tech futuristic stuff.

So wont be buying it until $30 or less, since its the most exciting setting of a COD for me, just got burnt out on the annual releases

Lagamorph

I only saw the Campaign trailer for the first time today and god damn it got me more hyped than I've ever been for Call of Duty before.

Interested in campaign but it probably won't be long enough for me to drop $60. That mp beta was awful. I never want to play that shit again. So I'm in the wait for sale camp.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
anyone here confident in IW to deliver a competent zombies mode?

From what I've seen and heard, it should be a lot friendlier to newcomers and it has a lot of nice QoL additions compared to Black Ops 3 (group-buying doors, perk returns [so you can still change perks after picking up 4, without having to go down and lose all of them], stuff to do while dead instead of just spectating, an easy way to buy your lost weapons back after returning to life, a way to gift points/money to other players who need it more, wider areas for navigating around zombies, etc.)

I didn't expect much after the reveal, but it sounds pretty good.

dreamfall

I played four-ish hours of the multiplayer beta.I just don't think I like the futuristic combat - like it feels undeniably like COD but it just didn't vibe with me.

I literally just re-installed Black Ops 1, and I'm just feeling heavy nostalgia for when COD was simpler and wonderful.

renzolama

From what I've seen and heard, it should be a lot friendlier to newcomers

This would be really enticing for me. I've tried to get into Zombies across a couple different games (most recently after foolishly buying the season pass for BO3) and never gotten past the "I don't know wtf is happening but shooting guys doesn't seem to be working well anymore oh shit I'm dead" phase. Personally I wish they'd make a zombie experience with less of an emphasis on surviving forever with more and more complex requirements and more on a casual coop experience with a guaranteed conclusion. Something I could play through repeatedly while relaxing without feeling like I'm committing myself to hours of increasing intensity.

I literally just re-installed Black Ops 1

I played through Black Ops again recently, really enjoyed it. Vorkuta is one of my favorite fps missions and a great example of what Treyarch did right with the CoD brand.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This would be really enticing for me. I've tried to get into Zombies across a couple different games (most recently after foolishly buying the season pass for BO3) and never gotten past the "I don't know wtf is happening but shooting guys doesn't seem to be working well anymore oh shit I'm dead" phase. Personally I wish they'd make a zombie experience with less of an emphasis on surviving forever with more and more complex requirements and more on a casual coop experience with a guaranteed conclusion. Something I could play through repeatedly while relaxing without feeling like I'm committing myself to hours of increasing intensity.

Well, I don't think they're changing the basic structure of zombies like that, but they're including stuff like a tutorial when you try it solo, and the QoL stuff I mentioned in my post to make it more possible to have a comeback after messing up.

renzolama

Well, I don't think they're changing the basic structure of zombies like that, but they're including stuff like a tutorial when you try it solo, and the QoL stuff I mentioned in my post to make it more possible to have a comeback after messing up.

Yeah, I didn't think they were, just mentioning some pie in the sky ideas. I'm looking forward to the changes you mention regardless.

Najaf

Drift0rs review of the MP Beta. Brings up some very valid points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KasWKwOIJlY

It's funny because so much of his complaints were focused on the oddball weapon upgrades. These are something I'm really looking forward to because it mixes it up so much. I get why the uber serious people might not like it, but I enjoyed what I tasted.

The whole complaint of you can't see what the guy has as he's shooting at you is pretty weak. I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but for casual play who cares. Surely there is going to be an arena mode or pro ranked mode. Take your try hard attitude into that realm. Casual tdm is supposed to be casual.

Don't get me wrong, I get why he's irked. Those elements don't bother me a bit and actually have me excited.

Varg

Banned
After playing the beta, adapting to the mechanics, I had a pretty decent time with it. All of my bros that I always play with hate it though and this is surprising because they love everything call of duty . I just ended up calling Sony and getting my 80 dollar refund off of my digital preorder . I'll just wait until the remastered is separate

Well after I purchase every call of duty since cod 3 this is the first cod that I canceled my pre order and maybe I'll buy this game next year when Activision sells this game cheaper on Xbox store around September. I and my friends are really enjoying Battlefield 1.

kuYuri

Some of his points are not very well thought out. This video addresses out those points, and overall gives the beta a fairer, but still critical examination.

A good video and brings up lots of good points while addressing Drift0r's points of contention. I'm sure it will go ignored though because the majority will flock to the videos like Drift0r's that justify their own negative opinions of the beta.

Kalentan

A good video and brings up lots of good points while addressing Drift0r's points of contention. I'm sure it will go ignored though because the majority will flock to the videos like Drift0r's that justify their own negative opinions of the beta.

Yup. Still find the complaint about not knowing what the enemy player is using to be a baffling one. Outside BO1 as mentioned in the video linked in the post you quoted- you've never been able to tell what perks or anything the enemy player is using till your dead. Even then I can't remember if most CoD even show the enemies perk in the kill cam.

I've been picking up COD games on and off since the release of MW2. After Black Ops 3's campaign bored me to tears last year and the realisation that I don't really enjoy the series anymore really set in, I promised myself I wouldn't be buying this year's instalment.

The last time I really got into the multiplayer was BO2, but I think I may just be burned out on COD multiplayer in general.

Both Battlefield and Titanfall look like more enjoyable offerings to me currently.

If MW ends up for sale independently of the IW game, I may pick it up down the line.

Bishop89

question.

Am I able to download JUST mw:r if I bought it digitally on psn?
I don't need IW installed in order to play mw:r do i?

I dont have enough room for both games.

dnmt

Banned
Is there a way for hype to be in the negative? If so then that's where I'm at right now. I'm definitely looking forward to picking up MW:R separately sometime in 2017 though.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Ghosts sold around 17 million copies. And yet in spite of this, they're dropping a Ghosts sequel and creating a whole new trilogy.

I'm pretty sure they look at more than just the sales.

Where did you get that sales figure? Activision has not divulged actual sales numbers since BO2.

It's incredibly sad to see all the lukewarm / negative reactions surrounding Infinite Warfare yet people still purchasing due to MW Remaster.

I mean I was almost guilty of it too but that was before they confirmed that the Infinite Warfare disc would be required. And while I realize this one lost sale means nothing to Activision, I still can't support such a shitty tactic.

In a perfect world everyone would just stick to Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 for their shooter needs and wait for MW remaster to be sold separately. Fuck Activision and Infinite Warfare. This game deserves to bomb.

Same. People sending the wrong message and then will complain after how X thing exists, etc.

Top Bottom