• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors : official website opens, new screenshots/artworks

BY2K

Membero Americo
superior+20a.jpg

Wait, she didn't know Peter died and that there was a new Spider-Man?

Wait, she didn't know Peter died and that there was a new Spider-Man?

That's from Superior Spider-man, where
Doctor Octopus and Peter switch bodies right when Doc's body is on the verge of death. Leaving Peter stuck in it. So that's basically Doc controlling Peter's body after the event.

majik13

Two-player local is like how WO3 did it on Wii U: one person uses the TV screen, the other person uses the gamepad screen.

Nothing's been said about online but I can't imagine this game won't have it. WO3 had it. DW8 had it. One Piece Musou 2 had it. If it's not in this game, it's a strong indicator it's being rushed.

thanks, Not sure I know what WO3 is but yeah, I knew about the 1 player is on the gamepad. was just wondering on the actually gameplay, is the full game playable 2 player? or is it an extra side mode? Are both players playing as regular characters with full move sets. Etc. Or is it a sort of 1 is assisting the other kinda thing as a magic hand or whatever, like some other games.

thanks, Not sure I know what WO3 is but yeah, I knew about the 1 player is on the gamepad. was just wondering on the actually gameplay, is the full game playable 2 player? or is it an extra side mode? Are both players playing as regular characters with full move sets. Etc. Or is it a sort of 1 is assisting the other kinda thing as a magic hand or whatever, like some other games.

Warriors Orochi 3. It's the full game on the gamepad.

Anbec7

Oh Man I was exited but now I must have this game.

I hope we get the preorder special edition option in Mexico ):

georly

Mory Dunz

What this game really needs, is grass. Even if it's 2D.
Playing Xenoblade currently, and I realised that without the 2D grass and shrubs, the huuuge open fields would look so much worse.

It seems to be a relatively simple strategy, but it works so well. Flat grass textures just look so bland.

Oh well, cutting edge graphics usually aren't a hallmark of DW games anyway.

EDIT:
Like this:
Xenoblade-Landscape.jpg

Nairume

Banned

Both players are fully featured and can wander around the battle independently of each other and do their own thing with their full moveset.

majik13

Both players are fully featured and can wander around the battle independently of each other and do their own thing with their full moveset.

cool, sounds like it should work on the full game right? and not just some bonus levels. hopefully.

Nairume

Banned
cool, sounds like it should work on the full game right? and not just some bonus levels. hopefully.

It *should*

Musou games can occasionally be inconsistent about how they handle coop. Dynasty Warriors 7, for example, didn't allow it in the story mode but then fully allowed it in the campaign mode (which is the meat of the game anyway). Dynasty Warriors Gundam games also sometimes limited scenarios to single player only, but those were pretty uncommon.

Mesoian

Nintendo will get this kind of shit even if they use their giant Mecha to save the earth from an impending collision with an asteroid.

Nintendo DID get this kind of shit WHEN they used their giant Mecha to save the earth from impending collision with an asteroid.

People talk shit about the Wonderful 101 all day. That game is great. That game is the best game on the WiiU.

You keep sippin that haterade and keep ignoring all the other designs in Zelda by saying they are "different".

Naw, but it was fine then, because I was under 12 and didn't know what boobs were, so they were for me.

GamerSoul

She has red feathers like Impa, so there's probably a connection.

Looking further, she also has the white hair and a red-orange tribal-like tattoo on one of her legs where as Impa has it on her face. So there are a few connections.

If she is a Sheikah, I think it's also interesting that unlike Impa, who is as loyal and tirelessly guards the Royal Family, Shia has basically betrayed the Royal Family for her own desires and intentions. Imo, she could be some type of Sheikah sorceress who grew tired of living in the shadows of servitude. The scenario reminds me of TP's Zant in some regards. iirc,Sheikahs have a very long and mysterious history in Hyrule so I would definitely like to learn more about them.

Mesoian

Looking further, she also has the white hair and a red-orange tribal-like tattoo on one of her legs where as Impa has it on her face. So there are a few connections.

If she is a Sheikah, I think it's also interesting that unlike Impa, who is as loyal and tirelessly guards the Royal Family, Shia has basically betrayed the Royal Family for her own desires and intentions. Imo, she could be some type of Sheikah sorceress who grew tired of living in the shadows of servitude. The scenario reminds me of TP's Zant in some regards. iirc,Sheikahs have a very long and mysterious history in Hyrule so I would definitely like to learn more about them.

Though that being said, I hope her story doesn't amount to, "I did do what everyone else wanted me to do, so me going off on my own and assuming my own power meant I was 'evil'".

Eh the mere fact this is even highlighted shows how irregular this is with Nintendo games.

It's not even Nintendo produced which makes your statement even more odd.

It's Zelda. People aren't going to put that together. If Pokken' becomes a real game (which it looks like it will/is), people are going to give Nintendo a lot of shit for having Pokemon actively fighting.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Can someone make this a thread please.
http://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/php/pdf/news_20140407.pdf

To sum up. Tecmo Koei will be renaming all their subsidiaries to Koei Tecmo from July 1st 2014.

This is the way it always should have been in my opinion but it brings it in-line with the Japanese name which has always been Koei Tecmo. I think it's fairly newsworthy as people still keep calling them Tecmo Koei or just Tecmo.

Thanks.

Mesoian

To sum up. Tecmo Koei will be renaming all their subsidiaries to Koei Tecmo from July 1st 2014.

This is the way it always should have been in my opinion but it brings it in-line with the Japanese name which has always been Koei Tecmo. I think it's fairly newsworthy as people still keep calling them Tecmo Koei or just Tecmo.

Thanks.

Bamco Namco.

Thanks.

I believe a thread was already made for that news a few months ago.

Lernaean

Banned
Nintendo DID get this kind of shit WHEN they used their giant Mecha to save the earth from impending collision with an asteroid.

People talk shit about the Wonderful 101 all day. That game is great. That game is the best game on the WiiU.

I would like to have you near me so i could hug you now.

Kinsei

Banned
Eh the mere fact this is even highlighted shows how irregular this is with Nintendo games.

It's not even Nintendo produced which makes your statement even more odd.

Well Aonuma does have the final say on things in the game, but I agree that most of the blame lies with whoever designed her.

Since Impa has been confirmed, I wonder if that other female character from the reveal trailer really is Nayru like we speculated.

CorvoSol

And now it's 2014. Isn't it time that that both the West and Japan stopped rolling out half-naked women in an attempt to try and shill games to teenage boys? Let the game stand for itself, and sell your characters with creative designs and interesting motives and personalities, rather than just making them look trashy.

I'm sure this is a turn-on to some people, but it's a turn-off to a lot of people, and for good reason. I don't mind muosu action in my Zelda, I do mind trashiness in my Zelda. And before you bring up Midna, Thelma or any other Zelda character with boobs, those characters were clearly not mean to sell the game on sex appeal, and were barely featured in marketing materials. Hell, you didn't even see what Midna really looked like until after you had beaten the game.

Considering that boobs have been a selling point for the entirety of human existence, I reeeeeeeeally fail to see how 30 years is going to effect significant change. In fact, it's a horrible argument to say "and now it's 2014!" to anything. This has been going on for thousands of years. It probably, in spite of bitching on internet forums, will go on for more.

As to the rest, save your simpering hair-splitting over why one pair of tits is trashier than another for someone who cares, kid. I mean, just look at the staggering qualifications you have to make "OH NO THERE WERE TITS BUT THOSE WASN'T MARKETING TITS SO THEY DON'T COUNT LIKE THESE TITS COUNT!"

Mesoian

And now it's 2014. Isn't it time that that both the West and Japan stopped rolling out half-naked women in an attempt to try and shill games to teenage boys? Let the game stand for itself, and sell your characters with creative designs and interesting motives and personalities, rather than just making them look trashy.

I'm sure this is a turn-on to some people, but it's a turn-off to a lot of people, and for good reason. I don't mind muosu action in my Zelda, I do mind trashiness in my Zelda. And before you bring up Midna, Thelma or any other Zelda character with boobs, those characters were clearly not mean to sell the game on sex appeal, and were barely featured in marketing materials. Hell, you didn't even see what Midna really looked like until after you had beaten the game.

I'll bet you 500 amazon coins that Shia doesn't make the boxart.

Considering that boobs have been a selling point for the entirety of human existence, I reeeeeeeeally fail to see how 30 years is going to effect significant change. In fact, it's a horrible argument to say "and now it's 2014!" to anything. This has been going on for thousands of years. It probably, in spite of bitching on internet forums, will go on for more.

As to the rest, save your simpering hair-splitting over why one pair of tits is trashier than another for someone who cares, kid. I mean, just look at the staggering qualifications you have to make "OH NO THERE WERE TITS BUT THOSE WASN'T MARKETING TITS SO THEY DON'T COUNT LIKE THESE TITS COUNT!"

To quote a wise woman:
"It's just titties"

ZenTzen

That's from Superior Spider-man, where
Doctor Octopus and Peter switch bodies right when Doc's body is on the verge of death. Leaving Peter stuck in it. So that's basically Doc controlling Peter's body after the event.

hugh i hope Black cat being a villain isnt permanent,
she still doesnt know peter is back to normal

Mesoian

What about back of the box?

::Chin Stroke::

I'll take that bet. I bet Zelda and Impa get a higher billing on all fronts than Shia.

hugh i hope Black cat being a villain isnt permanent,
she still doesnt know peter is back to normal

Yeah that mess is over.

It wasn't as good as it probably should have been.

But you know, nothing has been since spider island.

Beth Cyra

Sex Appeal selling is NEVER going to stop, and nor should it.

We should want material that is classy and well done to balance it out. Ignoring an entire segment of sales, one that is a HUGE is stupid and asking a publisher/developer to NEVER cater to it is beyond dumb.

Beyond all this, I fail to see how having a single female who uses Sex appeal to sell the product completely overshadows Impa and Zelda (ya know the character who has her name in the Title) being females who have well thought out and not overly sexy designs.

leroidys

I dunno, I think it looks pretty good actually.

I think that letting it be a real musou game with zelda stuff is better than trying to make it some ungodly hybrid, as we saw with the metroid x ninja gaiden of Other M (which will never be as awful as GAF says it is, but that's another topic).

GamerSoul

Though that being said, I hope her story doesn't amount to, "I did do what everyone else wanted me to do, so me going off on my own and assuming my own power meant I was 'evil'".

I wouldn't think so as of now.

StreetsAhead was nice enough to try his best to translate the character profiles on the site.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112994998&postcount=543

Shia, The Black Witch; An evil witch, who had her good soul chased out of her by dark forces. She has a strong sense of self, clearly states her desires, and a provocative and aggressive personality. She wants to make the whole world hers, but especially she wants to make Link hers.

::Chin Stroke::

I'll take that bet. I bet Zelda and Impa get a higher billing on all fronts than Shia.
Ghirahim is relegated to a tiny screen shot on the back of the SS box and Ganondorf and Zant are nowhere to be found on the Wind Waker(Gamecube version) and Twilight Princess boxes. I would not be surprised if Shia isn't on the box at all.

KoopaTheCasual

Wait, holy shit, I'm super dumb and it just dawned on me. This is going to have a story mode, right?! Awww shiet. Any word on it being canon? The fact that I can play through some form of Zelda story on a home console this year is super exciting.

Also, those screens of Link sparring in training gear got me unreasonably hyped for no particular reason.

Beth Cyra

Wait, holy shit, I'm super dumb and it just dawned on me. This is going to have a story mode, right?! Awww shiet. Any word on it being canon? The fact that I can play through some form of Zelda story on a home console this year is super exciting.

Also, those screens of Link sparring in training gear got me unreasonably hyped for no particular reason.

It hasn't been confirmed one way or another about it being Canon as far as I know.

georly

Ghirahim is relegated to a tiny screen shot on the back of the SS box and Ganondorf and Zant are nowhere to be found on the Wind Waker(Gamecube version) and Twilight Princess boxes. I would not be surprised if Shia isn't on the box at all.

Ganondorf reveal was a plot point. Would have been spoilers to reveal him, to a degree. You really could say the same for any other zelda game where the villain isn't seen until the start of the 2nd act, but still! A huge part of the story was revealing that hyrule was buried beneath the sea, and all things associated with it. Ganondorf reveal was part of that.

I bet somebody will make nintendo censor the boobs and write an appology letter

#Shiaquality
Not commenting on boobs is making a social commentary on boobs.

Sex Appeal selling is NEVER going to stop, and nor should it.

We should want material that is classy and well done to balance it out. Ignoring an entire segment of sales, one that is a HUGE is stupid and asking a publisher/developer to NEVER cater to it is beyond dumb.

Beyond all this, I fail to see how having a single female who uses Sex appeal to sell the product completely overshadows Impa and Zelda (ya know the character who has her name in the Title) being females who have well thought out and not overly sexy designs.

In fact Impa isn't even sexualized at all. We've seen one sexualized character and for all we know sexuality could be a part of her character, like Bayonetta. Also it's not like Shia is a fighter with her boobs hanging out, she's a witch.

lionpants

So... how would one go about pre-ordering this from JP Amazon and have it shipped to Canada? Would I have to use one of those JP forwarding services?

Or, should I just wait until NA editions are announced?

Mesoian

Don't count on anything in this game being canon.

So... how would one go about pre-ordering this from JP Amazon and have it shipped to Canada? Would I have to use one of those JP forwarding services?

Or, should I just wait until NA editions are announced?

I mean, NA editions are DEFINITELY going to be announced during Nintendo's E3 Presser. I'd just wait.

In fact Impa isn't even sexualized at all. We've seen one sexualized character and for all we know sexuality could be a part of her character, like Bayonetta. Also it's not like Shia is a fighter with her boobs hanging out, she's a witch.

Considering one of her goals seems to be to seduce Link, I'd say sexuality is definitely a part of her character

georly

Yeah, it's not uncommon for a woman who wields magic to wear stuff like that in pop culture. Not great, but it's all over the place:

Most people expect a witch to look like this though:
wickedwitchofthewestsmall.jpg

Top Bottom