• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Reknoc

Ok, yep its fucking luck. Sometimes he gets dizzy, other times (the majority) no.

Fuck the guy who design this battle with an long iron bar. Fuck him.
I can't even comprehend how this battle is feasible in hero mode, not because you can die, but becuase it will be long as hell depending of your luck.

Oh, and I love how the wording in the rules for the second skulltulas are garbage. Sometimes I think ive done well, and here we go of course, the thing doesnt appear.
In the vs darunia one it says. Using Sheik Kill darunia at least 2 times and kill 1500 enemies for the door to open. Did that and guess what, nothing (yep that means I killed darunia 3 times in that stage).

Then theres the one. Using Midna Kill Zant or ? (and I suppose its araghog) with your health not reaching midlow, and ? (and I suppose that Agitha) surviving.

What those the health thing mean, the whole stage? During the battle between both? During one of the battles (as its worded "or" and not "and")? Can you even get hearts to replenish? How does the game even know which battle you did right?

And why did they even use "?" in most of the rules? I hate when achivement do this in games, when is already hard to get them in the first place.

Ugh. I love the game, but this little details drive me nuts when playing a lot.

I don't think the 2nd skulltulas are poorly worded at all, though masking character/boss names makes it more annoying than it needs to be. The Darunia one requires you to defeat him 3 times.

Nohar

So... I unlocked Link's last weapon (the one with the Water affinity)...

I did not expect that. I can't stop grinning like an idiot.

I don't think the 2nd skulltulas are poorly worded at all, though masking character/boss names makes it more annoying than it needs to be. The Darunia one requires you to defeat him 3 times.

Thats what i did. Kill him 2 times during normal battle and once in the final battle. Also did 1500 kill during the process.
Tell if thats not poorly worded and explain me why i didnt get it.

Reknoc

Thats what i did. Kill him 2 times during normal battle and once in the final battle. Also did 1500 kill during the process.
Tell if thats not poorly worded and explain me why i didnt get it.

Well you're not taking into account that the final is well, final. the stage is finished, swords down. It would be impossible to get the skulltula after you beat Darunia proper, thus you need to do it 3 times before you destroy is rock steak.

jonno394

With regards to the hard skulltulla in question I just checked the guide and here is the official line

defeat darunia two or more times and open the gate of the enemy base with at least 1500 foes defeated

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but what's the size of this game? I'm still undecided on physical or digital, and the download size will probably be the deciding factor.

TheMoon

I put that in the OP years ago.

Back when he was LonelyBlondeWolf. Geez, time sure did a number on you.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but what's the size of this game? I'm still undecided on physical or digital, and the download size will probably be the deciding factor.

7.8GB (JP file size, EU eShop says 8.07GB)
If you intend to buy all the DLC you'll need 1.6GB for that on top.

This is another one of those things that should be part of the basic info dump in every OT :D *pokepoke*

Well you're not taking into account that the final is well, final. the stage is finished, swords down. It would be impossible to get the skulltula after you beat Darunia proper, thus you need to do it 3 times before you destroy is rock steak.

I dont know if you are not understanding me or its in fact worded really badly in the game.
If beaten darunia two times when he tries to go to your base before impa breaks the door with the rocks.
Then I killed him for the third time in his base, and the level ends.
Thats a total of 3 times in the level. The rules states clearly 2 (and 1500 ko, something i also had before killing the second darunia).
Even with what you are saying I still dont know what im doing wrong.
If its 3 times plus the final battle (4) then the game clearly is wrong as it says its only 2. I dont even think is possible to kill him 3 times durin the middle of the level.

TheMoon

Cool, thanks. I believe I'll go digital for this.

btw, you do know that the file size is listed on the eShop page, right? if that's already up in NA you can just look it up there.

and I just checked on the EU eShop page: there it says 8.07GB. The 7.8GB came from the Japanese version so I guess the discrepancy comes from the extra languages for the VO narration.

btw, you do know that the file size is listed on the eShop page, right? if that's already up in NA you can just look it up there.

and I just checked on the EU eShop page: there it says 8.07GB. The 7.8GB came from the Japanese version so I guess the discrepancy comes from the extra languages for the VO narration.

Theres no extra languages for the narrator. Is in english also in spain, france, germany and italy. The only thing that changes are the subtitles and localisation names for some characters. (I didn't even remember Agitha was called Maripola in Spain lol)
Maybe its taking account the first patch.

Jackano

Even with one language it can have differences between the audio tracks lenght. Also the patch. And the extra language files which adds a few MB.
200MB seems natural.

TheMoon

Theres no extra languages for the narrator. Is in english also in spain, france, germany and italy. The only thing that changes are the subtitles and localisation names for some characters. (I didn't even remember Agitha was called Maripola in Spain lol)
Maybe its taking account the first patch.

Ah right, I forgot about the patches already being out and included with it.

NZerker12

Just got Ganondorf level 3 weapon, A rank at first try, woot!
Looks super good though :p

What level is your Ganondorf?

I've got him at level 43 with 210 BP level 2 weapon. I just wanted to know if mine is high enough level to go for his level 3 or if I should level him up more.

Kouriozan

What level is your Ganondorf?

I've got him at level 43 with 210 BP level 2 weapon. I just wanted to know if mine is high enough level to go for his level 3 or if I should level him up more.
47 or 48 with a 5 stars level 2 weapon (225 power I believe)
Edit : it was 225.
The level 3 weapon has 280 power at 0 star.

Even with one language it can have differences between the audio tracks lenght. Also the patch. And the extra language files which adds a few MB.
200MB seems natural.

Seeing some youtube videos, I dont think they took that into account. They all have the same duration, even if the subs are different.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
did someone else like the final
Ganon
fight as much as I did?
I think it was on par with some previous Zelda final bosses.

Ganon
fight as much as I did?

I freaking love it. The music, the setting, the
need of use of all items for his different attacks, all the soldiers of hyrule trying to help commanded by Zelda

And something cool
depending of the commanders still alive, they are helping too, and your arrow power is greater (or so Zelda says). Sadly I fucked up when beating it, cant wait to try beating them with all of them alive lol

I think is one of the best
final boss fights of the zelda series
Just for the sheer epic it in.
The ending and credits (with hard linked song) are pretty cool also

Reknoc

I dont know if you are not understanding me or its in fact worded really badly in the game.
If beaten darunia two times when he tries to go to your base before impa breaks the door with the rocks.
Then I killed him for the third time in his base, and the level ends.
Thats a total of 3 times in the level. The rules states clearly 2 (and 1500 ko, something i also had before killing the second darunia).
Even with what you are saying I still dont know what im doing wrong.
If its 3 times plus the final battle (4) then the game clearly is wrong as it says its only 2. I dont even think is possible to kill him 3 times durin the middle of the level.

Actually I was wrong, I thought you needed to beat him 3 times, the final battle would not count because you cannot get anything after you beat the final boss of the level. But actually it's really easy, just got it myself. Need to get 1500 kills before killing him 2 times when he regenerates and when you open the base the skulltula will appear

RiggyRob

Ganon
fight as much as I did?

I thought it was fantastic - the
lion-boar design suits him much better I think. I also liked that they incorporated each of the items you obtain in the story to stun him, just a shame they didn't have more really (bombs, arrows, boomerang, hookshot)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I freaking love it. The music, the setting, the
need of use of all items for his different attacks, all the soldiers of hyrule trying to help commanded by Zelda

And something cool
depending of the commanders still alive, they are helping too, and your arrow power is greater (or so Zelda says). Sadly I fucked up when beating it, cant wait to try beating them with all of them alive lol

I think is one of the best
final boss fights of the zelda series
Just for the sheer epic it in.
The ending and credits (with hard linked song) are pretty cool also

I thought it was fantastic - the
lion-boar design suits him much better I think. I also liked that they incorporated each of the items you obtain in the story to stun him, just a shame they didn't have more really (bombs, arrows, boomerang, hookshot)

exactly, I absolutely loved it. go go go can't wait for the DLC :D

Xane

LV. 48 Ganon? You guys are quick as hell!
Some tips to grind quicker? Play in heroic I believe?

Nah, leveling is quite fast and easy. Just do some of the later levels on easy - hard (never on heroic for grinding - you kill a lot slower).
Got Link to 42 before I beat the game the first time (mainly went back to get all the Skulltullas and Heart Pieces).

RiggyRob

Stick with one character? We stuck with mainly Link and Lana through Legend mode and they ended up being 10 levels higher than the rest of the other characters because we didn't use them as much.

Actually I was wrong, I thought you needed to beat him 3 times, the final battle would not count because you cannot get anything after you beat the final boss of the level. But actually it's really easy, just got it myself. Need to get 1500 kills before killing him 2 times when he regenerates and when you open the base the skulltula will appear

That is really strange. Seems it didnt work for me. Im pretty sure I got the 1500 ko before the second darunia fight. Maybe you need to get them before the first one?
Open the base means impa slamming the door with the rocks no?

Also does the spiderweb appear just like with the first skulltula?.

Reknoc

That is really strange. Seems it didnt work for me. Im pretty sure I got the 1500 ko before the second darunia fight. Maybe you need to get them before the first one?
Open the base means impa slamming the door with the rocks no?

Also does the spiderweb appear just like with the first skulltula?.

Yea get all the kills before you beat Darunia at all then when impa launches the boulder the skulltula will spawn pretty much right in front of the base.

Kouriozan

Not Hero, it takes ages to kill ennemies :lol
It's easy to level up, I'm sticking with 2/3 characters for now, like my Zelda is 51 at the moment.
In fact, I'm leveling the characters to get their 2nd and 3rd weapons level so I'm kinda done with Ganondorf for now.

Currently going for that level 3 Rapier/Wind Waker.

Jackano

So basically there is no bug difference between easy, normal and hard difficulties when it comes to the XP regular ennemies give you?

Kouriozan

So far I'm leveling up in those hard adventure map and it's really quick.
Dunno if legend/free mode difficulty impact the exp gain but my Zelda gained one level in the last level in easy.

Based on other games you should get more cash in the harder difficulties, no? And you can use that cash to level your characters up to your top level at least. In PW2 you earn mad cash on Super Hard difficulty.

Kouriozan

Based on other games you should get more cash in the harder difficulties, no? And you can use that cash to level your characters up to your top level at least. In PW2 you earn mad cash on Super Hard difficulty.
Yes X1.5 in hard and X2 in Hero mode. But you can level up more than your highest leveled character with rupees.

Anyway, just tested and easy still give enough exp~
At least for my Lana, she is level 37 and I'm at the 4th map in legend.

Reknoc

Will try when I level up sheik then. Its a little difficult to do 1500ko before darunia appears for the first time.

I think mine was mid-low 20s, but I had a 4 star harp. having 1 fierce deity badge probably helps a lot because her musou attack is beasting

edit: man as if this fi adventure mode stage with the imprisoned wasn't bullshit enough one its foot tumours glitched out on my and couldn't be destroyed

I think mine was mid-low 20s, but I had a 4 star harp. having 1 fierce deity badge probably helps a lot because her musou attack is beasting

edit: man as if this fi adventure mode stage with the imprisoned wasn't bullshit enough one its foot tumours glitched out on my and couldn't be destroyed

I just managed to get A rank on that one. I lost 3/5 of all the hearts (I didn't heal at all so I could get a good estimate, I think it was 3,600 dmg). 2 stars sword with Light+ and level 25.

For the imprisoned, of course try to kill the two little ones first without taking damage, it should be easy enough. The imprisoned itself is quite easy if you get the evade timing right, which lets you attack the toes non-stop. Just keep attacking with the light attack button until it's going to stomp, then evade and repeat. Go from one foot to the other to minimize the chances of getting hit.

Another "tip" is to save the special attack(s) for the right time. After you make it fall down and attack it, it'll go up again. When standing up again, it'll cause 6 red electric waves. Dash between its legs while it's creating the sixth one and use a special attack and it'll fall down again, all toes out.

When the imprisoned is down. use the longest B -> Y combo, the one in which Fi casts coloured flames. It should cause the boss to lose about half of the stun indicator.

I played the first few stages last night. Still not sure of what to really think of it. I mean, it's okay but gets repetitive quickly.

Typical Dynasty Warriors problem.

I played the first few stages last night. Still not sure of what to really think of it. I mean, it's okay but gets repetitive quickly.

Typical Dynasty Warriors problem.

The movesets and characters are supposed to be the thing that keeps it from being repetitive. If you don't care about playing as multiple characters, or are and still find it repetitive, then I guess you just aren't a fan. Also, note that if you only played the first few stages, you probably have barely unlocked any of a characters moveset yet, which would lead to doing more than the same combo over and over...

The movesets and characters are supposed to be the thing that keeps it from being repetitive. If you don't care about playing as multiple characters, or are and still find it repetitive, then I guess you just aren't a fan. Also, note that if you only played the first few stages, you probably have barely unlocked any of a characters moveset yet, which would lead to doing more than the same combo over and over...

This isn't the type of game I'd normally play, but I went in with an open mind.

I'm still going to play more of it and expect to finish it. (And I don't hate it.)

Kouriozan

Just found out you don't need to use a compass everytime if you know what to do, feel dumb now.
Also, you can quickly run if you press dodge and hold it, dunno if you guys knew about it.

Just had a minor glitch earlier where upon depleting Zant's special ability bar I was still capable of spinning away, so of course I spent a good three minutes whirling through some enemy bases dragging many a bokoblin into my never ending death spin, eventually I got tired of mashing weak attack though and Lana fell out of the spin halfway through so I didn't really gain much from it but it was a fun novelty for the time.

And damn I've done that Darunia lvl 2 hammer mission 4 times now where the manhandla stalks spew out across the map, each time I barely miss the A rank criteria and have now fallen short on every category, always one B and two A ranks, oh the pain of repetition.

Speaking of level 2 weapons I have no idea how I'll pull off the Zant one right now without a mass rupee investment, he just doesn't do enough damage and about 5 minutes in after the bombchus are dealt with you get besieged by tons of glowing red units of increased power, many of which being shield Moblins and they have the sneaky shame to throw a Cucco in with the incoming enemies so it's hard to not to have the feathered fiends join the party as well. On top of all this is that Zant's moves leave him locked in place which doesn't fare well against the horde of shield moblins who just walk through most attacks.
Basically my adventure map has mostly reached the stage of needing nothing but A ranks to progress which is a bummer.

Top Bottom