• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Xane

I really love those friend network Link!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01eupc8.jpg

Awe, always found the attack skills to be the most useless of the skills. But nice damage!

Kouriozan

Awe, always found the attack skills to be the most useless of the skills. But nice damage!

Yeah, it will be enough for a little while.
Trying to get other characters level 3 weapons for now, and I'm far from done :lol
I think I should be at 35/40 hours of playtime.

EDIT : just checked, I'm at 41 hours and 35 mins.

Sify64

I'm definitely gonna play this when I get a Wii U, but can someone explain to me why the previews I've seen of Ganondorf's gameplay show him fighting Bulblins? I would hope that as Ganondorf you actually get to fight the heroes rather than simply fighting the same enemies you do as Link or Sheik or whoever, just as Ganondorf.

Don't worry about that. Ganondorf does get to fight against Link, Zelda and Impa.

Xane

Yeah, it will be enough for a little while.
Trying to get other characters level 3 weapons for now, and I'm far from done :lol
I think I should be at 35/40 hours of playtime.

EDIT : just checked, I'm at 41 hours and 35 mins.

How do you get higher level weapons anyway? I have characters of lv60+ and they all still have lv1 - lv2 max weapons. :< What's the best way of farming lv3?

Kouriozan

How do you get higher level weapons anyway? I have characters of lv60+ and they all still have lv1 - lv2 max weapons. :< What's the best way of farming lv3?

Don't really know, helping network Link might be the best one.
I'm doing tons of adventure stage and get plenty once I unlock them. At least one per stage.

Luigiv

Holy shit! Impa's naginata is an absulute DPS, offense-is-the-best-defense machine. I can feel the Team Ninja influence with this one. Luna staff (aka teh n00b stick) mk2.

Rxcellent, 5Y1X combo for Darunia is really good to take the weak point bar against bosses.
You need to start hitting the boss before the weakpoint appears, so when appears the giant bolder is the attack that hits it to take more than half the bar. Then repeat and the last boulder will do the job.

[
My, a french neighbor. I can send you my Wii U ID if you want to spawn more Links (well, this offer is also an interested one, since I can get your network Link too this way).

I think we need something in the OP to add people so we can get friendly Links.

Can you play as him fighting Link, Zelda and Impa though?

Yes.
Spoiler for legend mode:
The 4th to last level in legend mode is actually that, and is hard as nuts against Zelda and Link when they try to attack your base

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This game so far have suprassed the 100k+ sold in Japan, it debuted 3rd in the UK and 1st in Germany. I hope it will sell decently enough to see other DLCs or even a sequel (as they did for Ken's rage, One Piece...)

Fi, why are you so awesome against groups. Just got her level 2 weapon.

Added everyone that added me and send one friend request to sierranova.

SO how do you get the links? Need to wait for requests? Win orLose a level?

Nohar

How does Weapon Fusion work? Is it like Warriors Orochi?

Not really. You can't add empty slots to an existing weapon, or replacing a skill by a different one, nor can you upgrade existing skills on a weapon. You can only add a single skill from a weapon to an empty slot on another weapon, and the weapon from which you transfered the skill will be sacrified in the operation.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Not really. You can't add empty slots to an existing weapon, or replacing a skill by a different one, nor can you upgrade existing skills on a weapon. You can only add a single skill from a weapon to an empty slot on another weapon, and the weapon from which you transfered the skill will be sacrified in the operation.

Aw man. So it isn't WO3 easy to make broken weapons.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Sounds like they backpeddled to the older Sam Warriors style of Weapon fusion, where RNG is more dependent than having the flexibility to just create your own OP thing in seconds. Kind of a bummer since that means holding onto a lot of really average gear with a constant mix of great and poor skills. Fusion in DW8 and Orochi 3 was probably too flexible(taking a pointless weapon and making it godlike in seconds if you have enough stuff to merge), but it provided a great purpose to all the drops and eking out a favored setup. Every battle and drop earned at least provided a bit of forward momentum to weapon fusion and overall capability, but in this old system its far more dependent on the stars aligning. :(

Does the game still have ultimate weapon challenges? 5-star weapons to unlock and such?

Aww, as a total newcomer to musou games I thought those would be the best :( What would you consider to be the "best" weapon "upgrades"?

Here the game lacks some explanation (imo): How much does a "Strength V"-upgrade increase the damage of said combo? How much does it increase rupees when using "Rupees+"? etc.

@jonno394 Would be much appreciated :)

Nohar

I accepted your friend requests :)

By the way, just how does one make Network Links appear actually? I activate the network, but none seems to appear. Is it a 24h delay thing?

I think ive discovered something.

The wars 1vs1 armies levels in adventure mode always have 2 parameters to for A rank.
Less than 15 minutes for A rank in time.
More than 1200 ko for A rank in KOs.

I dont know what the paramenter for health, but from what ive seen is pretty lax in this stages (for example in the killing X commander ones it one hit and you need to start again to get A rank because with one hit the commanders take you all your health but a quater of the last health).

By the way, just how does one make Network Links appear actually? I activate the network, but none seems to appear. Is it a 24h delay thing?

Would like to know this also.

Nohar

I think ive discovered something.

The wars 1vs1 armies levels in adventure mode always have 2 parameters to for A rank.
Less than 15 minutes for A rank in time.
More than 1200 ko for A rank in KOs.

You are correct. Also, you can't take more than 4000 damage, otherwise you will be awarded with a B medal.
Assuming 100 damage = 1/4 heart, it means you can't take more than 10 hearts worth of damage.

Kouriozan

Don't really know, one time I was on the adventure map doing other thing IRL then I got a message that a newtork Link appeared.

Xane

You are correct. Also, you can't take more than 4000 damage, otherwise you will be awarded with a B medal.
Assuming 100 damage = 1/4 heart, it means you can't take more than 10 hearts worth of damage.

I think it's 1k = 1 heart (250 per 1/4).
What I'm curious about is if the damages is pre- or post-defense, so upgrading your armor helps you getting A towards damage.

Good to know.

I think it's 1k = 1 heart (250 per 1/4).
What I'm curious about is if the damages is pre- or post-defense, so upgrading your armor helps you getting A towards damage.

No he is correct, its 10 hearts. Thats exactly what they take you off if you get hit in the kill X commander missions so you get a lower grade.

JoeM86

I strangely have had no Network Links. Is it a feature you have to turn on?

Edit: Never mind, it was turned off for some reason.

I don't have the game yet but it should be here any day now, also I don't know what network Link's are but all I know is that all of ya'all should add the grand master OP and very famous LonelyGreyWolf to your list (same username on Wii U as on GAF).

HAhaha just beated the fucking Imprisoned in adventure mode in the level where it has another 2 small ones in a small room. The last part of it is a bitch (the one where it throws stomps with area of effect electricity) but I finally got an A rank after to times failing because he killed me. The second time he killed me because he has an attack at the end that thrown a lighting bolt exactly where you are and takes aways half of your lifebar, that was really stupid.

Feel free to add me, as well.

NNID: windjamming

If you guys would like to add me, just let me know so I can add you back!

KaiPow

I don't have the game yet but it should be here any day now, also I don't know what network Link's are but all I know is that all of ya'all should add the grand master OP and very famous LonelyGreyWolf to your list (same username on Wii U as on GAF).

Added all of you

I strangely have had no Network Links. Is it a feature you have to turn on?

Edit: Never mind, it was turned off for some reason.

Yep, just found out. Its turned off in options for the get a go, even if I have the achivements miverse thing switched on.

EDIT
And yep, just a bunch of Links appeared. Thought it was only a friend option.

Top Bottom