• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kater

Banned
My order should arrive by tomorrow, hopefully. Really excited that I finally get to play it. :)

ztwfkcb.gif

She's one of the worst things about the game IMO.

She's kinda annoying and I say that only knowing her from the trailers. Should have put Wind Waker characters in there instead of her. :/

Moofers

I'm really interested in seeing some pictures of the environments. I'm hoping there's a cool Autumn stage with foliage and blowing leaves and stuff since we are entering FALL now. I always love seeing that in games and feel like its under-used.

Also, I'd love to hear some samples from the soundtrack. The only review to mention it was Sterling's and even then it was just a line acknowledging that its rock-driven. That's great and exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm excited enough now that I'd like to hear some of it early!

Kinsei

Banned
I'm really interested in seeing some pictures of the environments. I'm hoping there's a cool Autumn stage with foliage and blowing leaves and stuff since we are entering FALL now. I always love seeing that in games and feel like its under-used.

Also, I'd love to hear some samples from the soundtrack. The only review to mention it was Sterling's and even then it was just a line acknowledging that its rock-driven. That's great and exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm excited enough now that I'd like to hear some of it early!

The GameXplain Youtube channel has a bunch of the soundtrack on it if you want to listen to a few songs.

Jackano

My order should arrive by tomorrow, hopefully. Really excited that I finally get to play it. :)

ztwfkcb.gif

The review thread also have a Darunia gif but all from OoT. Actually Darunia's victory scene is this very dancing thing, and iirc he's the only one having a custom music for it!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130407410&postcount=145

Kinsei

Banned
Harem level? Did I miss something?

It`s a level where you play as Link and pick a girl, after you do the other girls get jealous and attack you. The goal of the stage is to beat them. At least that`s what I gathered from the import impressions thread.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It`s a level where you play as Link and pick a girl. The others get jealous and then you have to fight them.

So they don't fight each other for Link? That's disappointing! :p

I don't see what's wrong with some girls kicking the ass of a known womanizer

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How have impressions from Japan been on this? I had zero interest at first, but all the footage of it over the months looks really good. Never been a big fan of Dynasty Warriors.

Nice OT. It even puts into perspective that the game is coming out the latest in NA despite NOA's inability to distribute a half-decent limited edition. NOA is outclassed in every way by every other region wtf.

zroid

Banned
It`s a level where you play as Link and pick a girl, after you do the other girls get jealous and attack you. The goal of the stage is to beat them. At least that`s what I gathered from the import impressions thread.

:lol

Reknoc

Goty

zroid

Banned
So what's shown on the GamePad when you're playing solo? Wondering if there's a good reason to use the GP instead of a WUPC.

Yeah I do wonder why so few people care about this game. Oh well. Cancelling my pre-order today after disappointing reviews.

What exactly is interesting about it aside from it being a Zelda game? Not to bash it too harshly or anything, I'm a huge Zelda fan and I'm sure there are Dynasty Warriors fans here (Among them, I am not), but aside from a few little touches to fit in with the Zelda-motif is there really anything particularly interesting about the gameplay of this game? Even compared to other DW games.

Just played the first scenario and the first adventure level on standard.

Pretty easy, so I might bump up to hard if the next few levels don't prove any more challenging. Presentation is great though, musou devs must be big zelda fans. Adventure mode gave me a huge grin on my face when I saw the map.

As my first proper musou experience, the name of the game seems to be "firefighting". Link and the other super characters seem to be the only ones who can really fight, and the others won't move, so it's down to you to choose the "best place" to be, if you choose wrong the enemy could advance on another front and take over the base if you're napping. Didn't happen to me, but I'm guessing it can become tricky on harder difficulty/later levels.

I replayed the first stage until I completed it with 100% map control. I can already see this game is going to be hell for the collectionist in me lol.

having fun

Kuntz

Power gloves link looks so mighty.

Getting this with Theatrhythm Friday, there goes my weekend.

Deku staff
weapon looks boss too.

Hope the "bugs" are still present.

pelican

Picked up a new USB drive for the Wii U as my drive to be digital only continues and 32gb is not enough considering this and Bayo 1 & 2 next month.

Top Bottom