• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am fascinated by BodyBuilding.com's Misc forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
if someone is making MS paint pics you can be sure the story is 100% fiction. They're trying to entertain. What really happened is the girl asked him out and he ran away after shitting his pants.

nullset2

Honestly, the misc is what happens when you have a forum full of people with real life confidence and a sense of humor. I like GAF, but it's full of cynics, social misfits, white knights, and people who can't take a joke.

Tru dat. Specially on the cynicism, lol, people should chill a bit more here :)

Jarnet87

Misc is hilarious. Feels like there are a lot less epic threads these days. Was better in the days of Germanic, when TheBateman was a super creepy, etc.

Mesousa

Banned
That forum is terrible like all the others filled with 90's baby.

As someone who was on the computer when the transition from most forums went from 70's-80's babies to 90's babies I can tell you the quality went to shit with it.

IceCold

I always thought of it as like libertarian GAF - it's like GAF but without the moderators really trying to keep things civil.

Gaf isn't all that civil imo. People love to talk about how gaf users are more well behaved but then you take a look at the gaming forum.... It's embarrassing.

Steelrain

That forum is terrible like all the others filled with 90's baby.

As someone who was on the computer when the transition from most forums went from 70's-80's babies to 90's babies I can tell you the quality went to shit with it.
Shut up old man. Quit living in the past.

The new shit is light years ahead of your old dbz forums.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Gaf isn't all that civil imo. People love to talk about how gaf users are more well behaved but then you take a look at the gaming forum.... It's embarrassing.
u wot m8, I'll ave yah.. Talking bout gaf like that !!! I've just some core work today I feel like I can karate chop some milfs to death....brah!!

willsmoth.jpg

I'm dying over here lmao

inm8num2

They had the legendary "girfriend modeled for my car" thread a few years ago. It was so popular they had to delete it because people were crashing the site's servers.

Problem with misc now there's far too much of "Guys I have a girl problem" going on. It used to be full of hilarious shenanigans. Now it's just many confused guys. The odd thread now and then can be good.

Also, CamelJockey (who has an uncanny doppleganger in the first Drive Club video).

Maybe being gamers is the problem.

if your lifting weights and are all narcissistic you probably get laid more. perhaps that just ads to your "don't give a fuck, make fun of everything with confidence".

GAF is def more of a place for people with political correctness and changing the world through forum posts. reddit is stupid, adam sessler is a hack, the internet hates women, racism is everywhere, 100 pages on why ron paul is worse than Stalin, and so on. ;D

But honestly. It's GAF-like people who change the world. even if some of them are misfists these are the people with heavy feels and perspectives. if your a jock in the misc you're probably not as dedicated to the sciences, the politics, and the philosophies as the average GAF dude.

This is extreme generalization though. It's wrong to generalize, but since we're generalizing already i'm just generalizing fuel to the generalizationfire.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
what do you mean "rarely"

some of the internets most ridiculous and hilarious stories have come from that place

the most infamous being the one about the guy that took a shit in his girlfriends bathtub

That story, with the accompanying pics, was absolutely legendary. I have never laughed so much on anything on internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom