• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am flying over 1000 miles to see a woman I met before Christmas |OT| On her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you just joining us...
joPgxmIHExS0d.png

Our story began when our OP Ashodin started a thread in which he claimed that an Asian woman he met online was paying for him to fly over 1000 miles to come meet her in person. They had only met just a couple of weeks ago, but Ashodin says that within minutes of meeting he knew that she was "the one."

Now, obviously GAF assumed that the OP was most assuredly going to be murdered, or at the very least disappointed with his geeky soulmate. So they told him as such in gifs and jokes. But Ashodin remained firm and said we could continuously update once he arrived.

Then he went silent for quite some time. And it was during this time, that none other than those precocious GAF Detectives accepted the case. It seems that our OP Ashodin has a bit of a.... history when it comes to meeting soulmates online.

Well, I guess that one counts too but I meant the most recent one:

(11-27-2012) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44797741&postcount=7251

(12-19-2012) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45595121&postcount=8388

I think I'd be more likely to feel sorry for the girl than the OP.

So this girl the OP is flying out to see marks the THIRD girl that has been "the one" for him since July.

Assuming he someday learns to count, I think his opener should be "I truly love you, as you are only the third the one for me in half a year! Remember that singular time we conversed with our voices?? From then on I knew it was my density to be with you, my new waifu! :D ^_^"

That line is a guaranteed way to secure his sugar mama for life

For Lionel when he does the recap:

and I really think she's the one

July 14th

She's totally my girlfriend and she loves the hell out of me. And I love the hell out of her too.

I think I finally found the one, guys.

November 27th

I can honestly say that I'm in love with her, truly

January 11th

I would provide more commentary, but now that I have it all documented I'm honestly not sure what to make of this

Just saw this over in footieGAF, presume it's been posted already but it's worth it to post again :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46165005&postcount=9069

It appears our old friend Ashodin... Well... He should probably start to take things slow.

But nevertheless, not too long ago, there was another post from our OP.

I made it! Pics to follow!

Whether this means he's merely arrived safely at his airport, or if he's in the vicinity of his alleged love, we're not certain, but we do know that this thread has merely just begun. And it's moving quickly.

Also, someone believes to have discovered the profile of this girl...

Profile:
http://www.gk2gk.com/members/profile.aspx?MemberId=750173&c=y

Pic:

XoyW1.jpg

Page was somewhere in the teens, I think.

Will Ashodin arrive safely? Will he really find his one true love this time? Will he be captured by an eccentric billionaire who forces him onto his elaborate nature preserve, where the billionaire and his associates hunt him for sport, because as we all know, man is the most dangerous game of all? Let's find out...

Thanks for the mini-summaries. You guys did all my work for me.

Jus rad th whoel threed and whya I jus dnt understdhand wha tee fevk

OP

OP

OP

COME ON

COME ON

COME ON

THIS IS THE REASON THEY UNBANNED THE WORD CUNT

SO THAT WHEN YOU RETURN AND SAY

"oh hey guys it didn't work out but at least I got a stamp in my passport and I'll know what it's like to live with only three fingers"

EVERYONE SAYS

"you cunt"

I don't even know what to say, man. No condom. Dice. Biology. That fucking coat.

Are you fucking kidding me right now

ibhIaCk6TY5Yhd.gif

Jus rad th whoel threed and whya I jus dnt understdhand wha tee fevk

OP

OP

OP

COME ON

COME ON

COME ON

THIS IS THE REASON THEY UNBANNED THE WORD CUNT

SO THAT WHEN YOU RETURN AND SAY

"oh hey guys it didn't work out but at least I got a stamp in my passport and I'll know what it's like to live with only three fingers"

EVERYONE SAYS

"you cunt"

I don't even know what to say, man. No condom. Dice. Biology. That fucking coat.

Are you fucking kidding me right now

Reposting because it applies to this post:

i8fmo.jpg

from her dating profile

Also, a disclaimer: The photo of me at a baseball game should not be taken as an indication that I am at all "into" sports of any kind. I received some tickets for free and attended as a purely educational endeavor. (Although it was kind of fun. I learned a lot.)

lolololololololol

"into"

Aguirre

For those of you just joining us...
joPgxmIHExS0d.png

Our story began when our OP Ashodin started a thread in which he claimed that an Asian woman he met online was paying for him to fly over 1000 miles to come meet her in person. They had only met just a couple of weeks ago, but Ashodin says that within minutes of meeting he knew that she was "the one."

Now, obviously GAF assumed that the OP was most assuredly going to be murdered, or at the very least disappointed with his geeky soulmate. So they told him as such in gifs and jokes. But Ashodin remained firm and said we could continuously update once he arrived.

Then he went silent for quite some time. And it was during this time, that none other than those precocious GAF Detectives accepted the case. It seems that our OP Ashodin has a bit of a.... history when it comes to meeting soulmates online.

It appears our old friend Ashodin... Well... He should probably start to take things slow.

But nevertheless, not too long ago, there was another post from our OP.

Whether this means he's merely arrived safely at his airport, or if he's in the vicinity of his alleged love, we're not certain, but we do know that this thread has merely just begun. And it's moving quickly.

Will Ashodin arrive safely? Will he really find his one true love this time? Will he be captured by an eccentric billionaire who forces him onto his elaborate nature preserve, where the billionaire and his associates hunt him for sport, because as we all know, man is the most dangerous game of all? Let's find out...

Thanks for the mini-summaries. You guys did all my work for me.
iBtuiR3pgkYNb.gif

U2NUMB

I am guessing things end up really freaky.. women from Minnetonka are known for that so if that happens op.. let me know.. Totally up for a devils 3 way and I would happily make that trip.

avtominn.jpg

Hurry up with the photos.. we are getting desperate !

Some of you are being dicks about the picture of the girl. What you think constitues a good looking woman is not the view of everyone.

OP seems really happy to meet her. That's more than enough.

Mordeccai

One does not make a self proclaimed OT...,

Promise to deliver

Not post pics except for an airplane ticket

Beg for a tag

Beg for Lord Sunhi

And simply get away with it sans delivery. We will have blood, Ashodin, if miss biologist does not.

do
not
want.........

now this actually seem possible
You guys are mental. She looks fine. And she's holding a cute little kitten.

OP, I hope it works out for you, man. Where ever you are now.

If you're dead and laying in a ditch, I assume it didn't work out for you.

dvolovets

I am guessing things end up really freaky.. women from Minnetonka are known for that so if that happens op.. let me know.. Totally up for a devils 3 way and I would happily make that trip.

avtominn.jpg

Haha, I am getting a kick out of all of this since I'm from Minnetonka myself. Hilarious!

avtominn.jpg

That would make this thread so amazing. lol

EVOL 100%

Some of you are being dicks about the picture of the girl. What you think constitues a good looking woman is not the view of everyone.

Yeah, I feel bad for her. She isn't even bad looking.

But anyway fuck this shit I'm sleeping

Meier

I am on 4 of 25 and dying but it'd take forever to catch up. Has the dude who writes those hilarious recaps of threads provided his services yet?

Edit: Yes! Top of the page even. Thanks Lionel.

If I was the OP, I would be really, really regretting even starting this thread. This thing could potentially carry on like this all weekend.

This has the potential to be the longest, craziest thread in a long time. And I feel like by the end of it, everyone is going to be laughing at this guy (more than they already are).

Yeah its one thing to get on op's case about the situation he's in, but going after the girls looks is just juvenile. Not very cool.

Ploid 3.0

Was never that fucked up in my guild but everyone fawned over the 2-3 active girls (especially 1 girl) and 2 of the girls had some big fight over 1 guy. (That guy is a bro though)
Still, I think about that guild a lot and how much fun I had in it. Even though the game we played was/is soo bad, but was on of the first f2p MMOs. (Flyff)
Awesome people in there, that I now lost touch with, prob got deleted of Skype/Messenger.
:(

Then a bunch broke off into a "community" of sorts. Had fun there too. Some forums shit mostly.
Then the lead gal never posted/logged in for 2 weeks and people got worried. (I did too, I mean we all had been regulars in a small community for 3 years)
She had some wall o text meltdown and quit.

Forums still up. I go there sometimes.

Why did I post this here?

lol, seriously the people met and sustained in these kind of games almost seem like schoolmates, especially if you play the game a lot. I played FFXI for about 4-5 years. 2 of those years hardcore, and I still talk to the people I met on there (resulting in that big quote. A confession thread since no one played anymore, the gloves was off). Good times, the best of gaming times. Like you said, bad flawed game, but the people made it worth playing. We called FFXI a glorified chat community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom