• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am playing Sekiro and I am having a blast...

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
...with Wemod on.
Infinite items. I almost maxed my stats, use a shit ton of potions against bosses and I doubled my damage through the trainer.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting. It's the third soul's game I am gonna finish with Wemod during the last 20 days.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Saber

Gold Member
Surprising that people praise this game so much that don't even notice that he is using cheats to beat the game.

Why don't you people watch a video on youtube, connect a controller and have a blast pretending to playing the game? I hear kids love this stuff.

Last edited:
...with Wemod on.
Infinite items. I almost maxed my stats, use a shit ton of potions against bosses and I doubled my damage through the trainer.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting. It's the third soul's game I am gonna finish with Wemod during the last 20 days.
So what you are saying is... you can't play the Souls series as intended? Gotcha. So sorry you couldn't get past the Soldier of Godrick without using trainers and cheats.

Last edited:
...with Wemod on.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting.

So what you are saying is... you can't play the Souls series as intended? Gotcha. So sorry you couldn't get past the Soldier of Godrick without using trainers and cheats.
Finished Mortal Shell and DS3 so far like that. Both were awesome.

Blood Borne

What kinda nonsense is that? Sekiro lacks any sense of adventure and there is only one way to play it in complete contrast with the experimental nature of Ninja Gaiden.
I totally disagree.

Sekiro level design/exploration is far superior to Ninja Gaiden. More so, you can’t really cheese in Sekiro, whereas in Ninja Gaiden you can just spam UT, Izuna Drop and invisible wall run slash. Finally, I find Sekiro bosses to be far superior.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Controversial opinion.
Sekiro > Ninja Gaiden Black.

Listen, I absolutely love both to bits but it's not even a contest brother, NG Black was and still is the finest character action game ever.
The action and complexity are not even comparable, in fact, I think that the people that say that Sekiro.is."complicated" or that it has "deep" system mechanics are mostly FROM/Darksouls circle jerk fanboys that had a rough awakening when they realized that you couldn't i-frame roll through most attacks, didn't feature a shield (it does but in a different way) and that you couldn't min-max your character or spam broken magic in Sekiro like you could in souls games.
Don't get me wrong man, it's not a dig towards you, I'm just generalizing.

Sekiro absolutely wins/excels in the aesthetic/art-direction department and atmosphere (like most FROM games) but, while its action is good it absolutely doesn't hold a candle to most character action games (NG, DMC, Bayo, MGS Rising etc).

When you boil it down, Sekiro, is a dark souls game in a Japanese container still featuring the terribad Souls/FROM camera + the usual "only 1 character lock-on" systems but without the stats of a souls game and with a rythm-like game parry system tacked on.

Again, it's a bloody brilliant game (9/10 for me IMO) but again, people comparing it to other/normal char.action games are off their rocker

Last edited:
I totally disagree.

Sekiro level design/exploration is far superior to Ninja Gaiden. More so, you can’t really cheese in Sekiro, whereas in Ninja Gaiden you can just spam UT, Izuna Drop and invisible wall run slash. Finally, I find Sekiro bosses to be far superior.
There is barely a plot in Sekiro and the exploration is unrewarding and fails to add challenge to the game. It may as well be a boss rush with grappling hook segments and fast travel to a hub area. Ninja Gaiden gives you a bunch of tools to do what you please and there is no obligation to use any of them. You are not penalized for finding different solutions to its challenges.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You parry and attack when you are supposed to... riveting. /s
You have so many skill you can use during combat I didn't even know you could use raven prosthetic to counter Genichiro's lighting attacks. Just like any action game you just use basic tools beat the game or be more experimental.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Listen, I absolutely love both to bits but it's not even a contest brother, NG Black was and still is the finest character action game ever.
The action and complexity are not even comparable, in fact, I think that the people that say that Sekiro.is."complicated" or that it has "deep" system mechanics are mostly FROM/Darksouls circle jerk fanboys that had a rough awakening when they realized that you can't i-frame roll through most attacks, doesn't feature a shield (it does but in a different way) and that you can't min-max your character in Sekiro like you could in souls games.
Don't get me wrong man, it's not a dig towards you, I'm just generalizing.

Sekiro absolutely wins/excels in the aesthetic/art-direction department and atmosphere (like most FROM games) but, while its action is good it absolutely doesn't hold a candle to most character action games (NG, DMC, Bayo, MGS Rising etc).

When you boil it down, Sekiro, is a dark souls game in a Japanese container still featuring the terribad Souls/FROM camera + the usual "only 1 character lock-on" systems but without the stats of a souls game and with a rythm-like game parry system tacked on.

Again, it's a bloody brilliant game (9/10 for me IMO) but again, people comparing it to other/normal char.action games are off their rocker
Totally disagree.

I’ll be very surprised if there’s someone here on GAF that has put in the same amount of hours as I have in Ninja Gaiden. I was also a participant in True Style Tournament in iberians ng realm (only true NG fans will know what I’m talking about), hence I know Ninja Gaiden quite well and I can say that Sekiro is a superior game.

Most of you have your nostalgic glasses on. Sekiro has surpassed it. It has better level design, better soundtrack, better bosses, better story, better enemies and variety. Sure Ninja Gaiden has flashy moves and whatnot but when you boil it down to what matters the most, Sekiro is superior.

You have so many skill you can use during combat I didn't even know you could use raven prosthetic to counter Genichiro's lighting attacks. Just like any action game you just use basic tools beat the game or be more experimental.
Oh no, you don't have to use a tool designed for this encounter, you can just dodge/parry and light attack for the whole battle. 10/10 advice there.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

I've got an even better method than downloading trainers. I'll just tell people that I've completed it, and it is one of the best action games ever once you get the hang of it. But really I've never tried it even once because it looks like a dull chore to play, and I've seen enough of other people playing it.

But anyway. What a total masterpiece this game is. I can't believe people would rob themselves of the pleasure of fighting samurai skeleton legitimately on top of that burning building. Then when you fight those angry tanukis inside that giant bamboo barrel. Mwa, just chefs kiss. Best game ever.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
Best combat system ever made IMO, only comparable to Bayonetta but each in their own class (haven't played DMC much so can't comment on that one).

The game is so good it's not funny.
Sikero is my favorite of all time. Nailed everything, it basically the perfect game. Exploring is rewarding and everything you find is useful. Story is great and easy to follow with 4 endings I don't need to go on youtube to understand the story, the combat is the best ever only thing close for me is gow.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
...with Wemod on.
OP: Looking for "Just the story difficulty"
Miyazaki: Ahah, fuck you!
OP: Cheats and post about it

Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

I mean the whole point of the game is the challenge. You're pretty much not even playing the game. Just wasting time. I hate singleplayer cheaters as much as multiplayer ones. If a game is too hard, play something else. Cant wait for the obligatory, "let him enjoy the game as he wants" bs posts. Also, why the fuck is your username a cdkey?

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I just beat elden ring with a third play through in 5 hours. These games are not hard once you know what’s going on.

Didn’t really like sekiro enough to play through a second time.

Buggy Loop

I enjoyed sekiro until I got up to lady butterfly.
It was no longer fun and just frustrating.
Almost made me seppuku in RL.

At launch it must have been tough as fuck but the YouTube tutorials on bosses now are amazing.

After giving up on Owl father (castle) on first run, I tried again this year and beat it, all boss/optional boss (except rerun alternate ending). Fightingcowboy on YouTube has amazing tutorials and it’s really a must to not cheese anything in the game. Forget anything with the word cheese, because you will not learn, you will skip skill checks the game forces on you and you will pay for it eventually. (Unless you cheat like OP)

It became one of my favourite game ever. It’s From’s best.

zeldaring

Banned
Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen

I mean the whole point of the game is the challenge. You're pretty much not even playing the game. Just wasting time. I hate singleplayer cheaters as much as multiplayer ones. If a game is too hard, play something else. Cant wait for the obligatory, "let him enjoy the game as he wants" bs posts. Also, why the fuck is your username a cdkey?
I wouldn't call the only point of the game is challenge. The world is beautiful, and the level design is amazing and great to explore. The story was also great for me with some of the most intresting npc's in gaming.

I personally love challenge in games but many don't so I don't mind getting a easy mode if it helps fromsoftware. They finally got a massive seller with elden ring but they should be doing so much more in sales but the difficulty with no options Is probably holding them back.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call the only point of the game is challenge. The world is beautiful, and the level design is amazing and great to explore. The story was also great for me with some of the most intresting npc's in gaming.

I personally love challenge in games but many don't so I don't mind getting a easy mode if it helps fromsoftware. They finally got a massive seller with elden ring but they should be doing so much more in sales but the difficulty with no options Is probably holding them back.
If From wanted to make easy games to appeal to the casual masses they wouldnt have kept making challenging games over the years lmao.

zeldaring

Banned
If From wanted to make easy games to appeal to the casual masses they wouldnt have kept making challenging games over the years lmao.
Isn't that what summons is when you can get help during a boss fight.

I do commend them for sticking to no easy options but I wanna see them bank and a easy mode won't effect me.

Dr_Salt

Miyazaki already said the difficulty is a core component of FROM software games. You lose alot if you make it a mindless button masher like so many games out there. If you want an easy game play something else.

https://www.gamerbraves.com/miyazak...-meaning-to-elden-ring-and-other-souls-games/

Danjin44

I play games to have satisfying experience, I dont see the point cheat myself from that experience.

I'm glad FROM dont compromise their vision just for sake of "pleasing" everyone even with that their game still sale great.

PC players can play game however they want with mods, but they not even making it little easier and instead just break gameplay so they dont have to put any effort......what the fuck is the point of that?

BodhiHogie

Neo Member
Sekiro is my favorite game of all time. I didn’t realize it until my second or third time through, it just kind of crept up on me. I love the music, environments and animation, and I love the gameplay even more now that I have completely mastered it. I want to slobber all over its greatness every time I see a thread on it. The people have to know.

I’m grateful I didn’t deprive myself of the experience by breaking the game like OP, but if that’s the only way he was going to engage with it, there’s still plenty to love.

drotahorror

I stopped after I beat True Corrupted Monk. I was having a blast, not even sure why I quit. If I go back now I have to replay the whole game. Might do that I dunno.

zeldaring

Banned
Miyazaki already said the difficulty is a core component of FROM software games. You lose alot if you make it a mindless button masher like so many games out there. If you want an easy game play something else.

https://www.gamerbraves.com/miyazak...-meaning-to-elden-ring-and-other-souls-games/
I agree with him. I just want fromsoftware to make bank so they can hire some better tech guys for graphics and performance.

Easy mode can just be a Normal mode lol. Still challenging but not as punishing.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Easy mode can just be a Normal mode lol. Still challenging but not as punishing.
At point it’s very clear they don’t want to put difficulty option I. Their and shouldn’t force to and guess what their game still sale great being force put something they don’t like.

They 1000 up on 1000 games with difficulty options, people can play those games.

Top Bottom