• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am playing Sekiro and I am having a blast...

Thief1987

At launch it must have been tough as fuck but the YouTube tutorials on bosses now are amazing.

After giving up on Owl father (castle) on first run, I tried again this year and beat it, all boss/optional boss (except rerun alternate ending). Fightingcowboy on YouTube has amazing tutorials and it’s really a must to not cheese anything in the game. Forget anything with the word cheese, because you will not learn, you will skip skill checks the game forces on you and you will pay for it eventually. (Unless you cheat like OP)

It became one of my favourite game ever. It’s From’s best.
Do you really need a tutorial on how to rhythmically press one button?

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
At point it’s very clear they don’t want to put difficulty option I. Their and shouldn’t force to and guess what their game still sale great being force put something they don’t like.

They 1000 up on 1000 games with difficulty options, people can play those games.
I respect that I just want a sikero and bloodborne sequels so bad even though I also loved elden ring. I just hope we get sequels for those especially sikero. I hope people that bought elden ring weren't turned off by the difficulty and their games can keep on thriving.

Thief1987

The game was hard as shit for Me as well. Now I'm perplexed as to why it was so hard after not playing for 3 years and beating the game for the 5th time a month ago.
I didn't find anything hard even on the first playthrough. Well, like with any rhythm game you need some time to train muscle memory, but that's basically the only thing that game is demanding from you - muscle memory.

zeldaring

Banned
I didn't find anything hard even on the first playthrough. Well, like with any rhythm game you need some time to train muscle memory, but that's basically the only thing that game is demanding from you - muscle memory.
Most people find dark souls games hard and most say sikero is the hardest just cause it was easy for you doesn't mean most will. Even a elden ring speed runner struggled with sikero for a few hours.

SteadyEvo

...with Wemod on.
Infinite items. I almost maxed my stats, use a shit ton of potions against bosses and I doubled my damage through the trainer.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting. It's the third soul's game I am gonna finish with Wemod during the last 20 days.
Not even mad at you. I’d do the same. Game is WAY too hard

Pimpbaa

I wanted to love it, but it simply was too fast for me. I could handle Bloodborn or Elden Ring, but Sekiro was too much for my aging reflexes.

edit: can’t really cheat on the console versions.

Last edited:

Strider311

Best combat system ever made IMO, only comparable to Bayonetta but each in their own class (haven't played DMC much so can't comment on that one).

The game is so good it's not funny.
I recently came back to Sekiro on a whim and came to the same realization. It is truly the best, most actively engaging, combat system I’ve seen in a game (in my opinion). It has become my GOAT. It’s a masterpiece.

Buggy Loop

Do you really need a tutorial on how to rhythmically press one button?

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

I care?

Robb

Gold Member
Doesn’t sound very fun to me, but if it is - that’s all that matters. You do you.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Can someone explain how to actually play this game? I got to the guy at the top of tge tower and couldn't progress. Amazed I made it that far.

havoc00

The devs cheat us by not giving us difficulty options dunno why people think OP is cheating. All of you can still get your masochistic fix and bragging rights, while others can just enjoy beating the game and having fun with it in the way they enjoy.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If the game was so great at its core it should be great no matter what difficultly its played on tons of classic and great games have difficulty options
Its great because they made game they want to make, it their game and their choice how would want to design it.

Just because other developers do it doesn't mean should do the same.

Every time new FROM game comes people keep crying over difficulty option, which they made it perfectly clear to everyone they are not interested.

bragging rights
Brag about what exactly? Sure if I can beat their game without ever taking any damage then I would brag about it, but I'm just like any other player, I die and struggle until I engage with game and get good at it and beat it.

havoc00

Its great because they made game they want to make, it their game and their choice how would want to design it.

Just because other developers do it doesn't mean should do the same.

Every time new FROM game comes people keep crying over difficulty option, which they made it perfectly clear to everyone they are not interested.

Brag about what exactly? Sure if I can beat their game without ever taking any damage then I would brag about it, but I'm just like any other player, I die and struggle until I engage with game and get good at it and beat it.

People think of it as a badge of honor dying to the same boss like 60 times countless hours spent on it, if thats what you like great, but why limit what another person likes? From either does it because they cant balance a game with difficulties, or they run with the whole gimmick of get gud mindset

zeldaring

Banned
People think of it as a badge of honor dying to the same boss like 60 times countless hours spent on it, if thats what you like great, but why limit what another person likes? From either does it because they cant balance a game with difficulties, or they run with the whole gimmick of get gud mindset
They probably do it because they love that style of get gud gameplay and they want people to only experience the game like that. I personally don't mind a easy option because I think they can take sales into the next level.

Danjin44

People dont play to brag, they play it because its fun, it fun to get good at games and FROM makes games for those type of people.

Not everything appeals to everyone, FROM's success comes from focusing what they want to make instead of trying to be everything to everyone and guess what?......they highly successful and their games sell well without ever compromising their vision.

havoc00

People dont play to brag, they play it because its fun, it fun to get good at games and FROM makes games for those type of people.

Not everything appeals to everyone, FROM's success comes from focusing what they want to make instead of trying to be everything to everyone and guess what?......they highly successful and their games sell well without ever compromising their vision.

Why would a company not want to sell more and appeal to more people without the core gameplay being ruined for those who want a bit easier time? Is it because they arent skilled enough to develop a game for that? Or They just want to keep the gimmick they have alive?

Knightime_X

Because they made the game they want to make? What?
Capcom did the same with Ghost N Goblins Resurrection
They made the game they wanted and alienated no one.

Enjoy a nice romp in the game, or violently get your ass obliterated from the get-go.
Plus everything in between.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Why would a company not want to sell more and appeal to more people without the core gameplay being ruined for those who want a bit easier time? Is it because they arent skilled enough to develop a game for that? Or They just want to keep the gimmick they have alive?
Because AGIAN thats their choice, they free to make their game however they want doesn't matter how you hate that idea and call it "gimmick".
Capcom did the same with Ghost N Goblins Resurrection
They made the game they wanted and alienated no one.

Enjoy a nice romp in the game, or violently get your ass obliterated from the get-go.
Thats Capcom choice and FROM choose not to, devs should be free to make their game however they want.

You guys tell me why Diablo IV doesn't have offline mode? if FROM can make one so can they but they chose not to because thats how they want to make their game and I chose not buy it.....simple as that.

Last edited:

havoc00

Because AGIAN thats their choice, they free to make their game however they want doesn't matter how you hate that idea and call it "gimmick".

Thats Capcom choice and FROM choose not to, devs should be free to make their game however they want.

You guys tell me why Diablo IV doesn't have offline mode? if FROM can make one so can they but they chose not to because thats how they want to make their game and I chose not buy it.....simple as that.
The diablo decision is made by pure greed from a notorious shitty publisher

Danjin44

The diablo decision is made by pure greed from a notorious shitty publisher
It doesn't change the fact that their choice to do it and based on how its selling people are happy about it....🤷‍♂️

I'm personally not in to online only games so I chose not to buy it.....not everything meant to appeal to everyone, very simple concept

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Sure, it's their choice, but not all choices are smart, money wise.
They could have made even more money if they wanted to, but nah.
Took elden ring 5 platforms to achieve what zelda can do on 1.

Child Smile GIF

Last edited:

Danjin44

Sure, it's their choice, but not all choices are smart, money wise.
They could have made even more money if they wanted to, but nah.
Took elden ring 5 platforms to achieve what zelda can do on 1.

Child Smile GIF
Most multi platforms games can’t compete against Zelda regardless if it has difficulty option.

Their games used to be very niche and now they are popular and winning multiple awards without ever trying to get mass appeal. so it’s safe to say it was pretty smart with choice….only people who crying about this are the ones who never care for their games in the first place.

Also with type of logic only mass appeal games are allowed to release just because they make most money? That’s fucking stupid, there lot of games I loved but they don’t sell much because they are niche like 13 Sentinels.

Seriously we get same tired arguments every time new FROM games comes out, at some point you guys needs accept the fact their games just won’t appeal to you.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Most multi platforms games can’t compete against Zelda regardless if it has difficulty option.

Their games used to be very niche and now they are popular and winning multiple awards without ever trying to get mass appeal. so it’s safe to say it was pretty smart with choice….only people who crying about this are the ones who never care for their games in the first place.

Also with type of logic only mass appeal games are allowed to release just because they make most money? That’s fucking stupid, there lot of games I loved but they don’t sell much because they are niche like 13 Sentinels.

Seriously we get same tired arguments every time new FROM games comes out, at some point you guys needs accept the fact their games just won’t appeal to you.
In the defense of those "Crying" are actually the ones who are truly interested in the world of these type of games, but the difficulty prohibits them from actually enjoying it.
Which is a real shame, too.

You can go on the typical "gIt GuD" rebuttal and add a list of strategies that DO WORK, but still incredibly challenging to those who just can't muster the skill to actually pull it off.
But atlas, these games are quite popular on PC thanks to trainers and mods that force modify anything they desire.
Quite frankly, I don't see a problem with that.

Gaming is entertainment, with an emphasis on FUN.
Fun always has different view points.

Miyazaki himself doesn't even like playing his own games.
His excuse is "it makes him sad" or something like that.
I call bullshit. Bro made multiple games. Can't be "Sad" every single time. Like, c'mon!

Last edited:

Danjin44

In the defense of those "Crying" are actually the ones who are truly interested in the world of these type of games, but the difficulty prohibits them from actually enjoying it.
Which is a real shame, too.

You can go on the typical "gIt GuD" rebuttal and add a list of strategies that DO WORK, but still incredibly challenging to those who just can't muster the skill to actually pull it off.
But atlas, these games are quite popular on PC thanks to trainers and mods that force modify anything they desire.
Quite frankly, I don't see a problem with that.
I said this many, MANY times and I will say it again, not every game appeals to everyone. I’m interested in FFXIV story but I’m not in MMO games and I’m interest in RE7 story but I’m not in to FPS.

that’s just nature any game or even any entertainment media. It’s like someone goes to horror movies and complains about why the movie is scary.

if developers lose their freedom to make what they want to make for sake of pleasing everyone then this industry is in trouble.

Fools idol

Banned
Platinuming Sekiro is by far the most rewarding gaming experience I've had in recent years. You are doing yourself a disservice by cheating. It's the easiest out of all the soulsborniros.
lmao

the twin giant apes that pummelled my ass for an entire weekend long have a few words for you

Danjin44

lmao

the twin giant apes that pummelled my ass for an entire weekend long have a few words for you
That fight at first was difficult but then you figure out that brown ape has very low posture you easily kill it off.

kubricks

...with Wemod on.
Infinite items. I almost maxed my stats, use a shit ton of potions against bosses and I doubled my damage through the trainer.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting. It's the third soul's game I am gonna finish with Wemod during the last 20 days.

Well... I am happy that you get to finish the game which you wouldn't otherwise, the story isn't anything to write home about but the aesthetic is surely top notch.

Sekiro is a strange game where the most enjoyment comes from the moment you understand the rhythm of a boss or enemy. It's very often you fail to take away even half the health of the boss in many attempts, then it "clicked"; you parry almost every single bow from the boss and kill it without using items. You feel like a real badass, you kind of missed that feeling if you cheat your way through.

If you completed the game and like it enough, try to do a normal playthrough, may be it will surprise you. ;)

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Reminds me of one of my friends who used a trainer for Remnant 2 to complete it on apocalypse. He doesn't play the game anymore...

To be honest he probably would've stopped anyway. Dude couldn't dodge shit

Knightime_X

I said this many, MANY times and I will say it again, not every game appeals to everyone. I’m interested in FFXIV story but I’m not in MMO games and I’m interest in RE7 story but I’m not in to FPS.

that’s just nature any game or even any entertainment media. It’s like someone goes to horror movies and complains about why the movie is scary.

if developers lose their freedom to make what they want to make for sake of pleasing everyone then this industry is in trouble.
You missed the point completely, and your examples do not match the subject at hand.
Re7 has an intended difficulty as well as an easier and harder.
How did a game like that get ruined by offering a difficulty scale?
If you bring up "it robs the player" then you lost.

It's not up to you, the consumer to decide how others experience what they consider fun.
Devs are entirely free to do as they wish and not a single game with difficulty settings ruined that.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

...with Wemod on.
Is there a TL;DR on Wemod?

Danjin44

You missed the point completely, and your examples do not match the subject at hand.
Re7 has an intended difficulty as well as an easier and harder.
I’m not talking about the difficulty with RE7 I’m talking about Capcom choosing to go first person with that game and I’m not fan of it but I respect that was their choice.

It’s same with FROM, you may not like it but it’s their choice if they want to put difficulty option or not and so far they chose not to, people can cry river about it but end of the day it their game and their fucking choice.

They made it perfectly clear with every release that they don’t want to put difficulty option in their games and at some point you guys need to accept it.

Last edited:

kubricks

It's not up to you, the consumer to decide how others experience what they consider fun.
Devs are entirely free to do as they wish and not a single game with difficulty settings ruined that.
The dev clearly exercise their freedom to create a game to their vision, which is a game that can only be competed with a good understanding of a specific mechanic (the timing of parry). It has always been their niche and that's what make their name.

You can argue if Demon Souls has a very lenient combat mechanic it will not have the lasting impact it had; it will just be another medieval hack'n slash lost in time and we might not even have DS series and Soulsborne genre thereafter.

You are correct that the consumer have the power to decide what is fun for them. Their freedom is to only purchase and play games they enjoy, but they do not, however, have the power to change the creator's vision on a game.

Danjin44

You are correct that the consumer have the power to decide what is fun for them. Their freedom is to only purchase and play games they enjoy, but they do not, however, have the power to change the creator's vision on a game.
funny-thank-you-jimmy-fallon-fxbourgj6qcfvwl3.gif

It affects literally no one.

Spoken like someone who cheats. Cheating is cheating, no matter how and where you do it. I'll never agree to it. Modding? Well thats a different story, thats fine, most of the time, as there are mods that make games easier. Fact remains, you can play a million other games if you cant handle one simple game. Also disagreeing with something doesnt make one mad unless you're a child and thats your only reply to an argument online.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Spoken like someone who cheats. Cheating is cheating, no matter how and where you do it. I'll never agree to it. Modding? Well thats a different story, thats fine, most of the time, as there are mods that make games easier. Fact remains, you can play a million other games if you cant handle one simple game. Also disagreeing with something doesnt make one mad unless you're a child and thats your only reply to an argument online.
You’re the one who said you hate cheaters. Hatred usually translates to being mad.

I’ll just go and replay Half-Life 2 by no-clipping to the final boss. I hope you don’t explode.
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

OP the kinda dude who plays Ninja Gaiden Black and/or DMC3 and purposely dies multiple times to unlock easy mode.

Also Ninja Gaiden Black and Sekiro are GOAT character action games.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
...with Wemod on.
Yeah this is bait ... congratulations cheating your test though.. im sure you are going to be a success

Top Bottom