• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am playing Sekiro and I am having a blast...

SenkiDala

Controversial opinion.
Sekiro > Ninja Gaiden Black.
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

StereoVsn

...with Wemod on.
Infinite items. I almost maxed my stats, use a shit ton of potions against bosses and I doubled my damage through the trainer.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting. It's the third soul's game I am gonna finish with Wemod during the last 20 days.
Lol, I did the same plus there was an Easy mod.

zeldaring

Banned
I don't give a shit. I just thinks he's stupid for knowingly robbing himself of the awesome experience that is Sekiros combat system. But he's free to do what he wants hence "you do you". But while we're on the subject. If there is one thing I hate in this world it's fucking cheaters. Lazy cunts who takes shortcuts, whether it's in video games or in real life, are just sad people.
People enjoy different things you think someone is stupid for not enjoying what you think is amazing combat for others the get gud gameplay is not fun and sikero is my favorite game of all time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wish Sekiro would also get expansion similar to FROM's other games.....I would have loved to learn more about Tomoe.

bbeach123

This one game I started to hate fromsoft's UI design , key shortcut and ability's resource design .

The game was good but could be better .
They need to throw their fucking trash and ancient ability's resource design to the trash bin and start to use cooldown like a normal human being .

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

download wemod, it even has a 1 hit option for bosses and infinite health. you can adjust every parameter you want and you can make the game super easy if you want. I went with infinite supplies and double damage and feels easy and enjoyable. Will play Elden Ring after that this way too.

Like I said in my edit, you can’t cheat on a non hacked console. I have the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

OP, how would you compare it to hack and slash games like Devil May Cry, Nier Automata, God of War, Bayonetta, etc?

I feel Sekiro is too mechanically simplistic to really compete there as a hack and slash because it doesn't let you change out the main weapon, have any variety in attack combos, and only lets you equip one special attack at a time. I guess clever usage of prosthetics like I've seen on YouTube can spice it up a bit.

It's one of my favorite games of all time but I think the difficulty is what keeps it interesting, due to it being so tightly designed around one particular play style. I'm not ragging on you for using mods; I just think Sekiro would be the most boring hack and slash out of Fromsofts titles. In terms.of gameplay.

Roberts

Sekiro is one of my favourite modern action games and I still haven't beat it. The final boss kicks my ass no matter what I do and trust me I have tried. So, I reinstall the game once in 6 months, try again a few dozen times and give up. The funny thing is that I am totally fine with it and I will never ever consider cheating (can you even do that on console?). Eventually I will beat him and that will be the best feeling ever.

Who cares how the OP chose to play it? IMO what made Sekiro such a good experience was the exploration and atmosphere. I’d also say that the combat, for the most part, felt fun and rewarding outside of some totally garbage fights and a lazy final third of the game.

supernova8

Banned
Some of these low effort threads just read like Twitter status updates
go away gtfo GIF

Nobody cares what you ate for breakfast

Last edited:

peronmls

...with Wemod on.
Infinite items. I almost maxed my stats, use a shit ton of potions against bosses and I doubled my damage through the trainer.
It feels like a hack n slash game on easy.. It's nice since it allows me to concentrate on Japan's setting. It's the third soul's game I am gonna finish with Wemod during the last 20 days.
Just find a map viewer and look at it. I think you play games wrong. If you even consider yourself playing it.

Lol, I did the same plus there was an Easy mod.
I tried the easy mod, but with wemod you can adjust the level of difficulty midgame so that you kill the easy guys with you having less damage and health, but when you see a boss with super long health and 345325 "parry dodge parry dodge moves"" needed :messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping:, you can just 10x your damage and stick it to the ground without spending all day trying for no reason.

Out of all the From Software titles Sekiro was the one I least enjoyed. Don't get me wrong it has great gameplay mechanics and play very well. My issue is the setting and the story, I am not really into easternized type of games. The only "east/asian" type of game I enjoyed was the Oninusha series, there was something different about it.

Mists of Pandaria was also my least favorite expansion cause of the pandas and the whole east Asian thematic. It was out of place for WoW and just felt weird

Ghosts of Tsushima.. same thing, felt very boring despite being very polished and well played for me.

Last edited:
BOTW with infinite stamina will be much more fun too... :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm not saying that Sekiro is not fun without cheats, never used cheats since NES era I guess. Just saying that it's possible for some to get more fun with cheats. Especially if you have beat the game.

Roni

Gold Member
It's crazy that you rob yourself the experience of one of the best and most unique combat systems the past couple of years by cheating but you do you.

So what you are saying is... you can't play the Souls series as intended? Gotcha. So sorry you couldn't get past the Soldier of Godrick without using trainers and cheats.

so you can't play the game as intended and you have to resort to cheats

ROFL

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
Like it or not, this attitude is part of the reason games like the ones in the Souls series are eventually going to die.

I've seen it happen in Survival Horror, Stealth, etc...

God bless you OP, it's such a joy seeing people absolutely assblasted that you're playing a From game with cheats. I applaud you, and I'd also prefer if their games were a bit easier.
It is fine if From thinks it is a right thing to have hard games, they can keep delivering those games, I like them so far (DS3 and Sekiro are their games I played only). I don't want them to lose their momentum and release easier games that are bad. So they can keep releasing good games and I will keep playing them because I like their setting.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It is fine if From thinks it is a right thing to have hard games, they can keep delivering those games, I like them so far (DS3 and Sekiro are their games I played only). I don't want them to lose their momentum and release easier games that are bad. So they can keep releasing good games and I will keep playing them because I like their setting.
If you've only played them I truly believe you should try Dark Souls 1 Remastered without any easy mode mods. The game is a lot more primitive with AI compared to later entries and the game is a lot more open, if you need to refer to a guide for some info that's fine but if you've dealt with Sekiro and DS3 with mods and know how those games work you could treat it as the training wheels come off.

Elden Ring I personally think is shit so do what you want with that one. The AI NEVER stops going in.

SenkiDala

I won't lie man ninja Gaiden black was of one the greatest gaming experiences of my life first game ever I beat 3 or 4 times it's just sekiro nails the world, characters, theme, and art style for me.
Well in the end it's a matter of taste, I prefer NGB but Sekiro is cool too.

Top Bottom