• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am Setsuna |OT| But The World Refused To Change

Magnus

Love most of what I'm hearing about this game, but its visual style just seems so blaaaah. Can't get over that.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Subbed.

Game looks charming. Really looking forward to your impressions, guys and gals.

Bladenic

I'll be streaming the game as soon as it downloads probably tonight, if not tomorrow. I'll post my twitch later, if anyone wants to check it out.

kromeo

Probably need to hear what the loading times are like on ps4 and PC before I know what I'm getting it on. I'm guessing japan didn't get a pc release?

dickroach

Probably need to hear what the loading times are like on ps4 and PC before I know what I'm getting it on. I'm guessing japan didn't get a pc release?

wtf year is it? I haven't heard anyone bring up loading times in forever haha
but the graphics look simple enough where there will be negligible loading times. this thing's got Evoland II graphics

kromeo

but the graphics look simple enough where there will be negligible loading times. this thing's got Evoland II graphics

It was a big complaint I think with the vita version, like every time you go in and out of a house or into battle

Ray Down

Banned

Load times for this game were a complaint for this game with the Vita version.

Unity games run like shit.

Haven't played it, but from a youtube video, it looks like about 1.5-2 secs to switch maps on the PS4 version so not a problem. Most likely similar or better times on PC (depending on your hard drive).

Durante

Is there currently a 25% code for GMG that works on this game?

Actually, right now I don't even see the customary 20% off!

dickroach

There are references to Chrono trigger but that does not make it a clone.
eh, maybe not a clone but if Square makes a new turn based RPG with Fire-Fira-Firaga and doesn't call it a Final Fantasy you know they're lying to themselves. it's a Final Fantasy. this is a Chrono game

it was cheaper yesterday, before the sale -_-
JULY25 was supposed to work through the entire month. didn't know there was gonna be a sale

Instro

Hopefully this is seen as more of a test project by SE. It kind of feels like that given the single environment type, the engine used, and the low key release. I can't imagine it's going to set the world on fire critically, or commercially, but the earlier impressions make think its a good starting point for their new studio.

Thank you so much for this OT for one of my most anticipated games in 2016.

12 hours to go... I waited long months for this yet the last few hours are always the hardest.

I know when I finish this game I will have a huge big smile of satisfaction on my face :)

Shin-chan

Fuck it, I'm going to pull the trigger and pre order with reasonable expectations.

I wish we had more titles like this so even if this one doesn't work out great it will be worth supporting.

The price is a bit of a shame though. Square must be kidding if they're hoping for big sales at that price, because there are indie offerings that legitimately look like bigger productions.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

They seem to have done away with all the codes during the sale. Or maybe forever? Unclear. At any rate no codes atm, sign in for member prices (which may or may not be equal to what you were getting with codes).

Looks like Setsuna is available for 20% off so $32 USD. Not sure if that is the lowest, but its what is available.

aett

15-20 hours sounds great to me, but I'm mostly curious about how long it takes for the game to get going. CT is about the same length, and so is Suikoden, but they move along at such a brisk pace that they feel longer than they are.

dickroach

They seem to have done away with all the codes during the sale. Or maybe forever? Unclear. At any rate no codes atm, sign in for member prices (which may or may not be equal to what you were getting with codes).

Looks like Setsuna is available for 20% off so $32 USD. Not sure if that is the lowest, but its what is available.

its the LOWEST PRICE EVER since yesterday :(

cheap as shit ($18.80) on eBay, dunno how legit this is tho http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/122000106874?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true probably legit. good feedback

its the LOWEST PRICE EVER since yesterday :(

cheap as shit ($18.80) on eBay, dunno how legit this is tho *removed* probably legit. good feedback

100% Activation, no key, no code, digital download, please read delivery method before you buy it.

Delivery Method:

We provide two methods to activate the game:
You send us your steam account name and password, we log with your account and activate game. We promise that, we don’t take or use anything of your account. You can also make a new steam account and we activate the game on it.
We make a new steam account and activate the game on it, then we send account name, password and email data to you, you can change all data and it’s belong to you in the future.

not legit. I'd remove the link

DJIzana

Every time I see this image...

SETSUNA_11.0.jpg

I can't help think of this. Another little throwback (besides X Strike).

17-image021.png

Philippo

Bought the boxed japanese edition on Play Asia, made it deliver to my house so that when i come home on August 2nd i can play it straight away.

Artstyle, music, and traditional gameplay are right up my alley.

Ascheroth

Yeah, this is pretty annoying. I'm not going to buy the game for €40.

They seem to have done away with vouchers and instead 'always give you the best price available' if you're logged in.
...Which is apparently -0% for Setsuna in Euro regions and -20% in $?
God dammit, GMG.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I pre-ordered this a while back, hope GMG is on time with their keys.

Can't wait to dive into this game.

Bladelaw

I really, really liked this game. I would caution anyone to keep their expectations in check; honestly, some people may end up feeling a bit burned by the $40 price tag. But if you are looking for a 15-20 hour RPG that plays like RPGs from the yester-year, is charming with a simple but decent narrative, and has throwbacks galore to games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy X, it's absolutely worth your time. If you've been hankering for a PSX-style RPG with a world map, airships, and snappy turn based battles, check it out.

I'm very much anticipating whatever it is that Tokyo RPG Factory works on next.

This just sold me on the game. It should make the wait for Cosmic Star Heroine less painful.

dickroach

They seem to have done away with vouchers and instead 'always give you the best price available' if you're logged in.
...Which is apparently -0% for Setsuna in Euro regions and -20% in $?
God dammit, GMG.

it's still 20% off :\
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/i-am-setsuna/

I pre-ordered this a while back, hope GMG is on time with their keys.

Can't wait to dive into this game.

check your "Games" tab on your GMG account. the key should already be there. already activated mine. just gotta wait for it to unlock or whatever

Zukuu

Banned
I'll be so over it once I have finished Danganronpa 2 and have my exams behind me. Already pre-ordered last month, after I've seen the trailer. Everything I want in a game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if they're releasing a retail English version of this game in Asia. The store list showed me it's coming retail.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
check your "Games" tab on your GMG account. the key should already be there. already activated mine. just gotta wait for it to unlock or whatever

Nope - still empty :(

I checked earlier this morning too, so I got my hopes up there for a second. Hopefully it's there by the time the game releases.

Durante

If it was 20% off I'd be fine with that, but I'm signed in and I see 0%. US/EU difference?

If so, then (a) that is annoying and (b) I need JaseC to tell me that the game is not US/EU region locked and (c) someone in the US to buy it in exchange for paypal money ;)

Top Bottom