• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am Setsuna |OT| But The World Refused To Change

RexNovis

Banned
Currently at 80 on OpenCritic.

As an aside, I'm really digging the new layour for the open critic website. Incredibly useful sorting of information into various feeds, score ranges etc. Don't understand why anyone still uses metacritic anymore.

SephLuis

I guess since he didn't pre-order it, he has to wait for the store update.

It happened to me when SF V launched and I had to wait the store update to buy it.

Bladenic

I named Setsuna Yuna, and now I really wish I had named her Colette instead. Damn it. Wonder if you can change names somehow.

Has anyone figured out how to open the wind marked chests? The green hooded girl's symbol matches those but I can't switch to control her. Is it a later game thing?

Saphirax

Tried both multiple times. Same error code. It's telling me to check account settings but apparently that's down for maintenance right now.

I better not end up getting charged multiple times.

I had similar issues when I preordered - 30 minutes before release. When I paid for it I got the maintenance error but luckily the order went through. Then after midnight when the game was downloading I got a system error 'check for system updates' when I attempted to use one of the themes; and then I couldn't use them because they showed as not purchased. A simple reboot fixed it though :p.

RexNovis

Banned
Tried both multiple times. Same error code. It's telling me to check account settings but apparently that's down for maintenance right now.

I better not end up getting charged multiple times.

Webstore won't allow me either.

Looks like there is some scheduled maintenance going on right now. GUess y'all got caught up in it. Should wrap up in an hour according to the playstation network status site. Guess you'll have to wait till then to make the purchase.

Pumpkins

This game is really cool so far.

The music is so flipping good. It feels like a "chicken noodle soup" JRPG so far... If that makes sense. Really charming and lovely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If it was 20% off I'd be fine with that, but I'm signed in and I see 0%. US/EU difference?

If so, then (a) that is annoying and (b) I need JaseC to tell me that the game is not US/EU region locked and (c) someone in the US to buy it in exchange for paypal money ;)

I'm 12 hours late, so it probably doesn't matter any more, but the game just has runtime-restricted retail key subs for use in:

Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, India, Brazil, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania

DKHF

I'll get this a little later in the week but I'm glad it's been received well critically. 81 on OpenCritic is impressive.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
OK. I was able to buy the game now. It didn't work in my iPad but I was able to purchase it on my iPhone web store.

Shamdeo

Really enjoyed the game, I think you guys will like it. :)

stufff2qym.jpg

Timeaisis

So far so good. Customization options seem cool, albeit a little clunky with the menus. Story seems interesting so far. Battle system seems simple but with some depth. Digging it so far.

Apt101

After about two hours with it, I can say this is the kind of RPG I have been searching for for a long time. I love it. Going to gift it to my BFF because I know he will love it too.

nikos

Game's great so far! Falling asleep, but I can't wait to play tomorrow. Only complaint is there is no play time indicator.

crimilde

Banned
I played it last night for about 2 and a half hours. I am in love with this little game. The atmosphere, the story so far, the snowy scapes, the way the other characters talk to Endir, the music. Everything is perfect, I am head over heels. <3

bronk

Banned
Game is great, really enjoying it so far. Really gives you those old school jrpg feels. But the no feet thing drives me crazy. I cant keep my eyes off ol masked tribe pirate and his peg legs.

Bladenic

Gotta go to sleep, but after 2.5 hours I'm loving it.

- love the style.
- love the snow setting. Favorite location so far is
this cute little snow cabin where if you jump into the snow it's up to the characters' head. Music is ace here too.
It seems like a non-important location so far, which I love. There was another optional location with nothing there that was beautiful and had great music. Perhaps these places will be of importance later, but for now, they're just cool optional locations.
- battles are fast and fun. Default is set to Wait, I put it on Active. No difficulty options unfortunately.
- customization seems pretty cool.
- still love the character art.

Neutral/mixed on:

- music. Have heard some great tracks but some rather annoying tracks (don't care for the world map theme, and neither battle nor boss theme really stand out).

I'm also naming all my characters after other RPG characters so I can't remember any of their actual names beside Setsuna.

Edit: also the pace is a positive. After 2.5 hours I've faced 4 (5 including the tutorial) bosses, have 4 party members, and have been to a few towns. Older RPGs tended to be rather snappy before "more is better" mentality of the PS1/2 days set in.

depward

Bought it because I support the idea of shorter RPGs, Chrono Trigger being my fav RPG and am a sucker for snowy landscapes.

Really dumb I didn't preorder and get the PS4 theme. Hope they offer it standalone in PS Store :/

labx

Banned
This game is legit. But have so many questions.

1. What are those icons in each party member? Class? Town?
2. This game has a manual?
3. Why is the character index it appear Endir and his buddy? Where can I read setsunas bio or the Aeterna bio?

Played 90 minutes then stopped.. don't want to rush through this.

- Music is really good
- Graphics are very nice
- Battle System is enjoyable
- Story is interesting

So far this game is doing a good job in satisfying the JRPG fanboy inside me :)

Can anyone comment on any impressions of the story/characters? Does it seem interesting enough? I'm longing for a JRPG with a good story.

Exentryk

Still haven't got the GMG key yet, but the unlock time is still 9 more hours as per Steam. Shouldn't it unlock everywhere at the same time?

BTA

Is it weird that hearing the soundtrack is basically just piano made me more interested in this than anything else? I was curious before but that kinda sold me on it. For whatever reason I'm a sucker for some good piano music in soundtracks.

So while I'm probably going to wait till I'm near my PS4 again to pick this up, I might get that soundtrack ahead of time...

drac96

I just played for a few hours and really enjoy it so far. Feels like a SNES RPG alright.

One thing I don't understand is the flux system. I guess I don't even know what it is? I understand that your techs get boosted, but is this a random occurance in battle?

I'm headed off to bed, but I'll check and see if the game has a manual tomorrow that I can peruse to find out if I'm just a dummy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm really loving it so far. The character design is great I love how it's a text driven RPG - can't get enough of those, and they're somewhat rare with voice acting being so ubiquitous these days. The OST is beautiful.

I put down Star Ocean for this and I might not go back until I'm done here.

Arthea

I hope gmg won't be late with delivering it, as I waited long enough already!
can't wait to being Setsuna

edited: got my game, 6 hours till it unlocks, though

v6fygLt.jpg

Top Bottom