• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am Setsuna |OT| But The World Refused To Change

e_i

I'm really liking it. The music is fantastic.Really reminiscent of Chrono Trigger. I thought the lead guy was a girl, haha.

Does anyone know if the Japanese Vita version has an option for English? The Vita is such a perfect RPG machine and I'd love to play this game while on the go.

Fardeen

Is there any known fix for this?

from steam forums

For WIRED controller you can fix it in device manager by installing the "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" driver instead of "Xbox Controller" which is the Win10 default one.

Go to "device manager"

scroll to the bottom and find the xbox peripherals

right click update driver software

press browse my computer

press let me pick

UNtick show compatible hardware

install the one that says "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" (NOT the original "Xbox Controller" drivers)

No idea how to fix wireless though

kaiiri

So selling mats to the spritnite guy.. any reason not to sell him everything? Seems to hold on to the mats to make the stuff.. unless it's to a specific vendor. Just curious as suddenly I need money for gear.

Shizuka

So selling mats to the spritnite guy.. any reason not to sell him everything? Seems to hold on to the mats to make the stuff.. unless it's to a specific vendor. Just curious as suddenly I need money for gear.

Don't sell the green items, you'll need them to get the food recipes.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand the whole flux thing. Spritnites are supposed to now and then get better if you do the momentum thing, right? Nothing so far. Have played for maybe 6-7 hours.

Anyone?

Bladenic

I don't understand the whole flux thing. Spritnites are supposed to now and then get better if you do the momentum thing, right? Nothing so far. Have played for maybe 6-7 hours.

Anyone?

Do you have talismans equipped with flux incentives? If so, you definitely should be getting them. I've gotten quite a few and I'm only 3.5 hours in.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have talismans equipped with flux incentives? If so, you definitely should be getting them. I've gotten quite a few and I'm only 3.5 hours in.

Yeah, they all do. It's really strange.

sankentris

Neo Member
So probably a dumb question but what about the green materials? The food ones do you sell those are or those for a different purpose? When I sold them they ended up showing back up on the ground in the spots I originally found them. Checked with the food guy and he doesn't want them. So far really digging the game tho. When I caught the Final Fantasty fanfare victory music hidden in the music after battles I got teh happeh feelz.

Nevermind someone answered this while I was writing it thanks!

Bladenic

So probably a dumb question but what about the green materials? The food ones do you sell those are or those for a different purpose? When I sold them they ended up showing back up on the ground in the spots I originally found them. Checked with the food guy and he doesn't want them. So far really digging the game tho. When I caught the Final Fantasty fanfare victory music hidden in the music after battles I got teh happeh feelz.

To earn recipes you have to speak to random NPCs who will ask for a combination of food items. And the sparkles are regenerative and I think give random ingredients.

sora87

This soundtrack got me like
cry.gif

Arthea

soundtrack is indeed nice.
I've played 2 hours so far and I like it well enough, but seeing how low budget this game is, kinda makes me question the price, especially EU steam one, it really is too high.

on unrelated note, I have a strange issue, momentum activates just fine, I get that flashing orb, but no matter what I do, it seems to do nothing, no extra damage, nothing and I can't activate it with combos at all. Is it supposed to be so?

Also not fond of controller controls, anybody is playing with mouse/kb?

edited: I also totally should have named Setsuna - Yuna. Only know I get why people are doing that.

edit2: I did no mistake and renamed Auron properly, tho

Vic_Viper

What class is the player character? If he has a class that is, looks like a warrior from FF. Really like the look of all the character designs.

I hear a lot of comments on how the game is good, but you can tell it's a low budget game. Sadly $40 isn't priced as a low budget title. I really want to play this, but will most likely wait for a sale.

Timeaisis

This game is really good so far. I mean it's standard JRPG fare, but that's exactly what I wanted.

There battle system is cool, too. To those saying it is too easy: yes, regular encounters are pretty easy but boss battles can get challenging. Defintely want to put the battle to "active" instead of "wait". Makes a big difference in difficulty, imo.

lt519

Itching for another JRPG after TMS#FE but $40 seems a bit stiff when there are plenty of others I haven't experienced in the classics catalog. Is it really worth that price tag?

Daeoc

This game is really good so far. I mean it's standard JRPG fare, but that's exactly what I wanted.

There battle system is cool, too. To those saying it is too easy: yes, regular encounters are pretty easy but boss battles can get challenging. Defintely want to put the battle to "active" instead of "wait". Makes a big difference in difficulty, imo.

Yuck, wait is the default?

Tsosie

Download conplete. Once the kids are in bed it will be time for some old school JRPG action, and I couldn't be more excited.

Top Bottom