• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought the Xbox Series X, so...

BigLee74

I bought it for the 4th or 5th time when it was on sale at $350. I’ve already returned mine back to the store. They tweaked the dashboard but it still feels stale. No console exclusives still. Right now, Xbox is in a very bad place imo. It’s the worst console to own because there are no exclusive benefits to owning it. Rn, it’s just inferior to its competitors and pc. You buy a Nintendo console because of its console exclusives which are only found on the switch barring piracy. You buy a ps5 for its exclusives and its controller features. You buy a pc to run everything at better settings than consoles with mods. Before I returned my Xbox series x back to the store, I was playing a lot of Halo MCC. However, I saw it on sale at steam for cheap and I can play it on both my pc & steam deck. Cloud saves ensure that my experience carries over between both devices making it seamless. Microsoft need to give Xbox an identity because gamepass is not it.
What kind of stupid buys a console for the 4th or 5th time, knowing what it was like before and no doubt having kept tabs on what has happened since.

Then moans like a girl on a forum about it?

Last edited:
Best console I've owned in years. Gamepass is a must but I also love

The Division 2
Star Wars Jedi Surviour
Resident Evil: Village
Pazner Dragon Orta
Sonic Unleashed
Robocop
GIRD Ledends
Alan Wake 2
AC: Mirage
Shadow Of Tomb Raider
Under the Waves
Metro Exodus
Wolfenstein
Far Cry 5
Judement
Life Is Strange: True Colours
What Remains of Edith Finch
GTA 5

To name but a few

yes, I already made my account and gamepass!

Microsoft is making an amazing job with the plataform, sometimes a feel sooo worried about the fact service is not selling well...
But I hope Microsoft don't give up... Activision needs to be the answer making great games!
Don't worry there will be another Xbox, Microsoft is too deep in consoles to abandon it right after buying ABK. Hopefully the next console does better.

Reactions: Isa

Tsaki

So half the reasons you bought the console are games that you don't even know if they'll even exist (Spyro, Crash, Quake, The Evil Within, Conker) and then games without a release date or known to be in in development hell (Clockwork Revolution, Indiana Jones, Gears 6, Fable, Perfect Dark)? Oh, and Hellblade 2.

Interesting decision-making.
Glancing at their replies, it seems like an astroturf thread. Or someone making an ironic astroturf thread? Or someone making an astroturf thread making it seem like an ironic astroturf thread but still serving the original purpose

hHXZ6If.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I bought it for the 4th or 5th time when it was on sale at $350. I’ve already returned mine back to the store. They tweaked the dashboard but it still feels stale. No console exclusives still. Right now, Xbox is in a very bad place imo. It’s the worst console to own because there are no exclusive benefits to owning it. Rn, it’s just inferior to its competitors and pc. You buy a Nintendo console because of its console exclusives which are only found on the switch barring piracy. You buy a ps5 for its exclusives and its controller features. You buy a pc to run everything at better settings than consoles with mods. Before I returned my Xbox series x back to the store, I was playing a lot of Halo MCC. However, I saw it on sale at steam for cheap and I can play it on both my pc & steam deck. Cloud saves ensure that my experience carries over between both devices making it seamless. Microsoft need to give Xbox an identity because gamepass is not it.

Buying 4 or 5 boxes and returning them......?

I think you need returning to the store.

😆

consoul

I really appreciate the (admittedly limited) backward compatibility and quick resume. Those are fantastic features.

MS Flight Simulator is pretty incredible too. Not everyone will enjoy it, but as a technical achievement, it's pretty impressive seeing it run on a home console.

Its better than xbone for sure.
Getting starfield, forza horizon 5 and halo infinite from fp while having 3rd party support like atomic heart, jussant, plague tale requim means im playing more on xbox in the last 2 years than the whole of xbone generation.

This is a great console. Totally silent, powerful, great controller, plenty of games to play, Gamepass is cool.

And the MASTER FEATURE : Quick Resume. It makes me want to go Xbox for all Multiplatform games.

This.

It's a fine piece of hardware, and I buy ALL multiplatform games there unless there's an incentive to do otherwise (RE4 VR mode).

There's just not that much exclusive content...yet?...Ever?

Last edited:
What kind of stupid buys a console for the 4th or 5th time, knowing what it was like before and no doubt having kept tabs on what has happened since.

Then moans like a girl on a forum about it?
The irony in your post lol. Imagine bitching about what someone does with their own money while accusing someone of moaning like a girl on some forum. Very high iq guy you are….

DavidGzz

Glancing at their replies, it seems like an astroturf thread. Or someone making an ironic astroturf thread? Or someone making an astroturf thread making it seem like an ironic astroturf thread but still serving the original purpose

hHXZ6If.jpg

If it isn't "my condolences" the tinfoil hats come out. This shit, lmao! And then I get people asking why I think this forum is heavily biased. It's a platform that plays games. As gamers we should be fans of that instead of being fanboy warriors with your drive by posts.

Topher

Gold Member
If it isn't "my condolences" the tinfoil hats come out. This shit, lmao! And then I get people asking why I think this forum is heavily biased. It's a platform that plays games. As gamers we should be fans of that instead of being fanboy warriors with your drive by posts.

Vast majority of posts are congratulatory and yet you find one of the few outlier posts and claims it speaks to the entire forum?

Come on man. If I'm seeing evidence of tinfoil then it is in your post

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Wulfer

The Last Of Us Part III? Ghost of Tsushima 2? Uncharted 5? God of War in Egypt? New IP? You really are comparing making a console-purchase decision based on that versus hoping that new Spyro, Crash, Conker, Quake and The Evil Within games come out over the next couple of years bringing those IPs back from the dead?

I'm sorry, but that's as absurd as buying a PS5 and saying you did it under the assumption that Bloodborne 2, new Ape Escape and Jak and Daxter games, and a remake of The Legend of Dragoon are going to become a reality... eventually.
What is your intention Perrott to get him to take the console back? What, are you afraid he'll have fun with his new Xbox? Man, get a grip!

Highpoly - Give Flight Sim a go it's truly a Next Gen experience and don't forget any of the Forza Horizon games!

Last edited:

Maddoxswe

Do you need to receive confirmation here of your purchase? The games you mention are years away and it is not certain that they maintain the quality you think.

However, it is a good and quiet console.

RickMasters

Guys! I'm serious!

I didn't know CONKER was on gamepass!

I'm crazy!
and the banjo games. you will also find jetforce gemini, perfect dark and goldeneye. I bought the turok games not long ango and just thought to myself "its crazy how ,many N64 games I own on xbox"

at some point im gonna get that switch 2 when it comes out. I find nintendo and xbox/PC are my perfect combo.

SkylineRKR

Seems to be another astroturf thread by this poster. Its pretty much promoting upcoming games. And everyone with half a brain knows to never buy a console for games that may or may not come out at some point in the future.

Well, show me where are Last of Us 3, Uncharted 5, GOW in Egypt, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Daysgone 2, or even newer ip ??

Microsoft announced a huge line-up, and we're only waiting...

Well, Bethesda will announce next year their projects, as much as Sony, Nintendo... Don't understand your problem with that

This is exactly the problem with MS this gen bro.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

So half the reasons you bought the console are games that you don't even know if they'll even exist (Spyro, Crash, Quake, The Evil Within, Conker) and then games without a release date or known to be in in development hell (Clockwork Revolution, Indiana Jones, Gears 6, Fable, Perfect Dark)? Oh, and Hellblade 2.

Interesting decision-making.
Its responses just like this one that keep me away from GaF except for the occasional check in for news. OP bought the console, is enjoying it, listed his hopes for what might come and what’s already in development, and on the meantime can enjoy all the great games and backward compatibility all the way back to OG Xbox.

Why do “fans” get so upset when somebody buys and enjoys anything other than their preferred platform?

Have a happy and healthy new year year my friend.

SkylineRKR

Its responses just like this one that keep me away from GaF except for the occasional check in for news. OP bought the console, is enjoying it, listed his hopes for what might come and what’s already in development, and on the meantime can enjoy all the great games and backward compatibility all the way back to OG Xbox.

Why do “fans” get so upset when somebody buys and enjoys anything other than their preferred platform?

Have a happy and healthy new year year my friend.

I think it has to do with post history. Its a bit suspect if you add it up. Dimisses potential quality of new UC/TLOU3 graphics because Hellblade 2, dismisses Wolverine game..

And then buying a console based on TBA projects is never good advice, imo. At the same time he complains about Sony not showing future projects. Each to their own but as I said, its a bit weird.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
OP, sounds like you’re completely new to the platform?

In that case you really should play the original Crackdown, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Gears of War games.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Hopefully in 2024, Microsoft will resume their B.C programme, because there are still a TON that deserve the cross-over, one being Alpha Protocol amongst others....
They'll probably add ABK games that they can, but other games that are affected by licensing issues still won't show up.

RAIDEN1

They'll probably add ABK games that they can, but other games that are affected by licensing issues still won't show up.
....Namely Project Gotham, so still snap it up while you can! (Those who still have their Xbox 360s)..Especially with Microsoft closing the online 360 store this coming July..

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
....Namely Project Gotham, so still snap it up while you can! Especially with Microsoft closing the online 360 store this coming July..

Car games won't come. That's a double licensing nightmare. Car licenses AND music licenses expire.

RedC

Car games won't come. That's a double licensing nightmare. Car licenses AND music licenses expire.
I'm all for wishfully thinking Microsoft will relicense and remaster Blur or at least allow the physical version to be BC.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Why would you buy console just on promise of games? They are promising games every year…

Ibara

Congrats and hope you enjoy it.
Buy what you want to play, don’t worry about what other people enjoy.
I sold my switch again recently because the Nintendo classic series just don’t do it for me anymore 🤷‍♂️ We all want different things

Top Bottom