• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I don't have Bloodborne anymore

Button

Banned
So, when Bloodborne was a PS+ game in March 2018, I got it for free and played it through. The platinum trophy is in my profile. I kept the game installed until last winter when I decided not to renew PS+ and I lost the license. I uninstalled the game then. In the meantime, I subbed to PS Now last summer, where I also downloaded Bloodborne from, and played it. Then I deleted it and ended the PS Now sub. Today, I decided to renew my PS+ in anticipation of PS5 (not really sure why, not like there's gonna be free PS5 games), and to my horror I noticed I no longer own a license for Bloodborne. When I search it on PS Store, it only offers me to buy it for 20€. I do own the Hunters DLC, but the game license I got with PS+ seems to be lost.

Is there an easy way to see what PS+ licenses I have activated in the past? Kinda bummed, no way I'm paying again for the game, as the PS+ license should still work after renewing the sub, right?

Last edited:

Button

Banned
Could it be related to this?

Did they roll back some licenses, and mine got deleted as well? All I can think of is that the system got confused, because I had played Bloodborne on both a PS+ license, and a PS Now license, and then there was a mixup.

Button

Banned
Restoring licenses did not work.

862lC6q.jpg

Game is not showing up in my PS+ games, should be right after Apotheon

OG69Es6.jpg

I assume these are the PS+ license and the PS Now license

FpwYm0A.jpg

The first one only let's me buy the game, not download. (Noticed a weird UI bug with the white box)

QAG0EUp.jpg

Second one has no buy option. (Same UI bug)

7V5Kyly.jpg

The add-on says it is "installed", even though it's not. (Same UI bug)

Guess I'll contact PS support then!

I own the game on disc but also "bought" on ps+ too . Funny thing is it asks me to put the disc in to play . Guessing I have to uninstall and or restore license but I'm too lazy. But I would like to play without disc since I got got it on ps+.
I'm with the OP on this one . Similar problem myself.

Restoring licenses always worked for me too. Call Sony customer support - a nightmare I know but.... you shouldn't have to re-buy it.

If you're buying a PS5 however, and don't want to deal with that then you could wait.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Could it be related to this?

Did they roll back some licenses, and mine got deleted as well? All I can think of is that the system got confused, because I had played Bloodborne on both a PS+ license, and a PS Now license, and then there was a mixup.
I wonder if there's anyone else who got it during that glitch that doesn't have it in their library any more? Surely there would be coverage if it were a widespread thing so it must be some sort of glitch.

Button

Banned
Contacted PS support and they are investigating, I was asked to provide screenshots from my game library and store.

Justin9mm

I could be wrong but if you let your PS+ subscription lapse don't you lose the games you redeemed, even if you resubscribe at a later date?
Nope and that's the beauty of it. You can play those games on your account forever as long as you are currently subscribed when you want to actually play.

Button

Banned
Well, I give up. They don't seem to be able to just manually restore the license. They now asked me to reset my PS4 and I can't be arsed to download 2 TB of games again. Whatever.

vkbest

So, when Bloodborne was a PS+ game in March 2018, I got it for free and played it through. The platinum trophy is in my profile. I kept the game installed until last winter when I decided not to renew PS+ and I lost the license. I uninstalled the game then. In the meantime, I subbed to PS Now last summer, where I also downloaded Bloodborne from, and played it. Then I deleted it and ended the PS Now sub. Today, I decided to renew my PS+ in anticipation of PS5 (not really sure why, not like there's gonna be free PS5 games), and to my horror I noticed I no longer own a license for Bloodborne. When I search it on PS Store, it only offers me to buy it for 20€. I do own the Hunters DLC, but the game license I got with PS+ seems to be lost.

Is there an easy way to see what PS+ licenses I have activated in the past? Kinda bummed, no way I'm paying again for the game, as the PS+ license should still work after renewing the sub, right?

Did you search in your library? try to restore licenses before calling to Sony. Anyway, is coming with PSN Plus collection, so you can redeem again on PS5

Last edited:

Gormond

Neo Member
It's about to come with the PS Plus Collection:

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn

Probably easier to wait and just get it with that.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

This just not acceptable, regardless of the price. People saying "just buy it" blow my mind. Sony shouldn't be rewarded for screwing him over.

Keep us in the loop op. Give us notes on what to do should it happen to us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom