• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found some old video game drawings from my childhood

Did this back in middle school. it was in a magazine which i can't remember

ibvjWvYXHMyr19.jpg

Gang / Thug Mario?

The drawings in the OP have interesting perspectives. many are far away form the action and the focus is mostly on environments. interesting;
Yeah it is kinda weird. But I guess it was the way I played Mario Kart 64. I mean, I played that game so much that I would experiment with so many things: Driving opposite direction as Bowser/DK and fuck up Toad royally, drive to un reachable areas, etc. The courses were probably burned into my memory.

I have a lot of stuff I drew when I was in middle school and high school. Was really into drawing back then. Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil were what I drew mostly. Maybe I'll post some later if I can find my camera.

KiraXD

Please tell me you did not give up on painting. 0__0

nope still painting/drawing lol.

Big fan of Joe Madureira?

iY2pKdfvjExhN.jpg

the biggest! XD

More Recently, started working with Digital... but ever the fan of FF, wanted to do this after seeing the first preview of FFversusXIII (also changed my signature since the first painting... dunno why)
Versus_by_KiraXD.png

Scoot2005

Banned
I don't have them anymore but once I saw Warcraft 2 at a tender age I used to draw huge battles all the time. I'd spend hours drawing on massive pieces of sketch paper.

I can recognize every Level in Mario Kart and in Star Fox/Wing, impressive!

I never did anything videogame related.... which is strange. Also it is so long ago all my drawings were in black and white, no colors yet.

petran79

Banned
I remember sketching a Double Dragon comic.

was obsessed with the game and its story. Indeed it turned to a movie later but was much worse than I imagined

When I was in at my old college, I decided to get back into drawing. Ugh, this looks like butt.

hipper_squid_teh_mango_sereez_by_dreambrush-d71r97z.png

HERP DERP WEEABOO HURRRR

I have, however, improved since then. The comparison is astronomical, but I'm still nowhere near as good as I want to be.

hyper_squad_manga_promotional_artwork_2___collage_by_dreambrush-d6zjlag.png

Not trying to self-promote. I was amused by some of the drawings in the thread, and wanted to show what my art used to look like, and how dedication can really change one's work for the better. :)

That old thing I did was part of some original series that I drew... it had blatant rip-offs of Mega Man and Sonic. My friends always joked about me getting into trouble for copyright infringement, lol.

Oh, and I found an old sprite comic I did back in middle school. It's pretty janky.

donkey_kong_sprite_comic___chimp_chums_by_dreambrush-d6zffvf.png

Silvawuff

Awwwwww! Those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing, OP! I wonder what your 10-year-old self would be drawing in today's gaming environment? Hmm!

vio

Cool thread, i wish i still had my childhood drawings to show. The oldest stuff i have are some drawings from my teenage years. These are from 1997.

edit: nm, they are not game drawings.

Mascot

In the ZX Spectrum days I used to design game characters and enviromnents on graph paper. I don't think any survived. I did make an aluminium sand casting of a Pac Man ghost in DCT class. It was to be used as a paperweight. Think it's up in the loft somewhere.

Top Bottom