• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a weak manly hand, how bad is yours?

how bad do you have it? , what pad?

• bad

• not so bad

• my hands are akin to supermans.

• d fk? i'm the legendary soapy wooder, word to yer mother. pain is under meeeeee.

Results are only viewable after voting.

V4skunk

Banned
Never "injured" my self gaming.
All I can suggest is start lifting some weights or do something to strengthen your hands and wrists. You need to get the blood flowing at least a couple of times a week lads...

SoraNoKuni

My right hand thumb is literally crying for help after playing fighting games or megaman x series, though when playing anything else I rarely if ever have any problems, and for fighting games I got a fight stick so that's a workaround as well.

I am 27 and was playing a lot of games since I was 5.

So yeah, nowadays I have a weak manly hand.

Aenima

The only controller that hurted my thumb was the X360 one, because the face buttons are more curvy and are quite hard, after long periods of gameplay they start feeling like needles piercing the thumb. All other controllers i had, never hurted my hands. I can play all day 8-12 hours and my hands never get sore from gaming.

Last edited:

PsyEd

My hands have iron grip since I do pullups daily.

Plus my left thumb is flat....thanks to the RIGHT direction pad button dying on my NES controllers...I used to press REAL hard to go right when playing double dragon/contra etc.

ShivinN

Gold Member
I'm an older gamer. My first Video Game was pong. I can tell you as you age your hands can give you issues. I've had bouts of numbness/weakness after long gaming sessions. Maybe it's just a combination of being old, fat, and having shitty circulation....I don't know. I just know I never had issues like this when I was in my 30s.

recursive

Weak manly hand? Wtf is that. Weak and manly don't go in same sentence. Go do some fookin pushups or put on a dress.

Any excuse to post this

p6aohwOl.jpg

DESTROYA

I’ve worked with my hands all my life and can rip phone books in half.
Probably most of you never heard of a phone book and have no clue what I’m talking about.

kuncol02

Banned

i've been without console system(sony) for few months , and my hand , thumb ache , pretty painful , irritating at times , has gone.

how bad is yours?

have you considered a thumb massage?
More claw grip and other similar shit. That will definitely help with controller safety. Everyone who work a lot with computers know that hand injuries are no joke and damages accumulate through time.

poodaddy

.......If you're getting hand injuries from gaming, then you really need to do some damn deadlifts, pull ups, and dead hangs quick. Strong hands are not easily injured hands.

RPSleon

Tbf my thumb and write hurt from hours of grinding camos for semi auto rifles in cod. I have a fast trigger finger. overdone i.

Itll be better in a few weeks woth rest. Happened before.

LordOfChaos

Been without a main console for a few months but my left thumb is still weird feeling at the base knuckle

.......If you're getting hand injuries from gaming, then you really need to do some damn deadlifts, pull ups, and dead hangs quick. Strong hands are not easily injured hands.

That's literally not how RSI works. The most swole guy can still get carpel tunnel or similar.

Last edited:

Vargavinter

Om a more serious note, I fucked up both my hands playing pc. Permanent damage on both my hands, I hinders me from playing a lot of game due to the pain and the anxiety that follows. Since all my doctor's and physicians have told me that I will get worse if I keep gaming and might end up with chronic pain in both my hands.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

i've been without console system(sony) for few months , and my hand , thumb ache , pretty painful , irritating at times , has gone.

how bad is yours?

have you considered a thumb massage?

This guy must be a noob. I'm at 35 and my hands are pretty healthy, and I game around 6-12 hours average with the longest session being 51-hour straight. It's how you play, some goofy players fight the controllers. My DS4 right analog didn't wear off until like 6 years of constant usage.

Videospel

True story, I once stole a guys date at a party because she was admiring how strong and large my hands were compared to his. It was so weird. I guess she was tipsy and thought I was cute, but went over the line when she started massaging my hands and asking me to test my grip on her coz she knew it would feel amazing. I was good friends with this guy so I ended up just making an excuse and leaving him to deal w/ her lol.
What a bro

By the way, everyone should get one of these for ergonomical reasons
g0zuINd.jpg

Last edited:
Ex missus fave game in her youth was Pokémon Puzzle on N64. She had to give it up as damaged fingers playing. Bought her a N64 and a copy for a birthday 2 years ago. Not played since 2002. All came flooding back...she was bad ass for 30 mins then had to give up with injury. Worst choice of birthday present ever.

Throw a keyboard and mouse into the mix. No, really. RSI is caused by...well...repetitive motions. When you always play on a controller KBM will give your hands a rest. Equally if you almost always play on KBM it's worth getting a controller for non-FPS games.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
ukkIkXw.jpg

Comes and goes but likes to linger..

Back in my CoD days I had pain in my top thumb joint from pressing L3 to sprint lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom