• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have played on a RTX 4080 and I'll never go back

Hal.

Agreed. The 4080 is the first big boy card I've owned and tbh I wasn't happy with the price but my 2070 was getting a little bit slow for the latest games. The Witcher 3 remaster was the game that kicked off the upgrade process.

Was originally waiting for the 4070ti but by the time you are spending almost a grand on that card, may as well spend a bit more for the 4080.

Other than Jedi Survivor which is the game's fault, have been pleased with the performance.

Current GPU upgrade path has been as follows:

660ti

nbkicker

My 4080 is running with a i99900k , but dont game at 1080 or 1440p and even if it slightyl bottlenecks at 4k it not gonna be major, ill wait another two yrs then ill upgrade motherboard and cpu and ram

Rickyiez

It really doesn't but seeing that it's the second or third most powerful GPU on the market and FAR stronger than almost everything else, it is a good product. Just grossly overpriced.
Yea and another problem is it's so much weaker than the 4090

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I bought a 4070 and I get a sample of what you are saying, what I thought looked fine on ps5/series x (for example forza 5 and doom eternal) does in fact look better than I expected with the 4070.

Buggy Loop

Grats on another expensive subscription?

Well, if he’s fine with streaming quality/latency, he would have to buy the ultimate tier for 6 years straight (6 months $99) to reach the price of one card.

By that time new cards will come, it will probably go to a lower priced tier or if he keeps ultimate he gets an upgrade.

You’re paying for a legit service, when you’re fine with the quality.

Know what shouldn’t cost anything? Console online fees.

T-Cake

I had a go on GeForce Now basic last night and I too was highly impressed with just that free tier. I whazzed Witcher 3 up to Ultra+ in all the settings and it still felt responsive - 1080p60 presumably. Lord knows what it must be like in 4K120 on the Ultimate tier. Problem I have is that only 10% of my Steam library is available to play. Some of the big hitters that cripple my 1070 aren't available so I'm no better off in the end. It would be nice if Microsoft still make the Game Pass library available to GFN even if the ABK merger falls through.

PrimeX

I had a go on GeForce Now basic last night and I too was highly impressed with just that free tier. I whazzed Witcher 3 up to Ultra+ in all the settings and it still felt responsive - 1080p60 presumably. Lord knows what it must be like in 4K120 on the Ultimate tier. Problem I have is that only 10% of my Steam library is available to play. Some of the big hitters that cripple my 1070 aren't available so I'm no better off in the end. It would be nice if Microsoft still make the Game Pass library available to GFN even if the ABK merger falls through.
The deal is on even without the merger. I don't know if MS will find a way to cancel it and hopefully they will have no reason to.
I don't get the publisher that don't want to be on GFN. They would sell games and put in little effort. But that's that for now.

Sleepwalker

How do you stream GFN at 4k? I thought that was a feature exclusive for nvidia shield, that's the main reason I don't sub. My smart TV only allows up to 1080p iirc.

StereoVsn

I have a 3080Ti, and 4080 seems way too much for the 30% or so bump I can expect from my card. At that point might as well save and spend extra $400 to get a 4090 or better yet wait till RTX 5000/RDNA 4 cards release.

Edit: I do like GFN, but unfortunately greedy pubs don't allow a lot of games to be streamed, which is beyond ridiculous. Not Nvidia's fault , but it brings the value of the service down a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom