• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just finished RE4 Remake, decided to buy RE2 Remake... It's fantastic, except..

emivita

Youtube guides are there for a reason

Cringe Reaction GIF

I also didn't knew it was a puzzle game. So was pleasantly surprised at how much it relied on proper exploration.

Though after playing it, kinda regret I played remake instead of the original. Won't make same mistake again with RE3, will go for PS1 version instead.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
every time you post you make yourself look more and more like a casual who never played an actual videogame... it's hilarious

imagine not knowing that RE2 is an action adventure... an actual action adventure, not the modern version of that term.
and it's tamed down as well from the original.
RE2 Remake is not an action adventure game. Lmao.

Its a survival horror with heavy emphasis on puzzles. "action adventure" ... lol.

Some of you think you're much more knowledgable than you actually are.

I actually skipped the remakes because though good. I’m not a huge puzzle kind of person. Exactly why I’ll be playing 4 onward since they’re mostly action games.

Arachnid

I shouldn't need a guide to complete your game.

Oh, you mean the idea that half the people that voted agreed with? Are all 85 of them stupid too? Get off that pedestal lol.

Screenshot-2023-04-06-at-5-05-47-PM.png

Also. It wasn't about just about graphics. That was secondary. Read my posts.
No offense man, but look at how you worded that poll and tell me there's no bias involved lmao. You're leading people to believe that length and quality are mutually exclusive when that isn't the case, and then acting like your opinion is widespread. RE4 just proved that you can have length and quality for the second time.

I'd take my 22 hour godmode first playthrough of hardcore RE4 over the 4 hour hardcore playthrough of RE3make that I really just wanted to end.

Also if you need a guide for these puzzles, lmao. These "puzzles" serve more to direct you around the expertly designed levels than serve as actual puzzles. IMO they're better than slow walking sections where people tell me to go from A-B over and over. It's more you figuring out what you need and directing yourself in a more intuitive way IMO

Last edited:
statues and gems
inspect the gems
place the gems in a staff or something
place the staff in a fireplace
watch the fireplace burn the painting
grab the gem from behind the painting
put the gem in a statue
statue reveals hidden stairs

HELL YEAH BORTHER

Aion002

If you think RE2R has too many puzzles,
don't ever play the og RE3.

It's a puzzle galore, plus some are randomized.

I was 13 years old at the time and the water puzzle was the scariest part of the game.

Good times... RE3 is amazing.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
No offense man, but look at how you worded that poll and tell me there's no bias involved lmao.
I can see how you can come to that conclusion based just off the screenshot. But if you read my OP in that thread and my posts in that thread, you'd see it wasn't bias at all. In fact I laid out my arguments very well. Thats why it got so many votes.
You're leading people to believe that length and quality are mutually exclusive when that isn't the case, and then acting like your opinion is widespread. RE4 just proved that you can have length and quality for the second time.
Not at all. If you read the thread I'm simply saying I would like to see A FEW devs try their hand at making a short, tight, expertly crafted 2-3 hour AAA game. Thats it.
I'd take my 22 hour godmode first playthrough of hardcore RE4 over the 4 hour hardcore playthrough of RE3make that I really just wanted to end.

Also if you need a guide for these puzzles, lmao. These "puzzles" serve more to direct you around the expertly designed levels than serve as actual muscles.
I don't need a puzzle to "direct me around". Lmao. Just let me explore on my own terms. Thats my whole point. A few puzzles is cool but its annoying to me if every solution to a problem is a puzzle.

Find a key. Find a code. Find another way around. Upgrade this badge. Spin these blocks in the correct order. etc, etc. Gets annoying.

IMO they're better than slow walking sections where people tell me to fo from A-B over and over.

Slow walking sections usually either:

A) Help advance a particular storyline in the game, and feature important dialogue.

or

B) Are used to enhance immersion during a significant part of the game. Like this

Last edited:
I would rather had more puzzles and no mr.X
I have a suspicion that we were going to have a RE4 Remake's Mendez do a 'Mr. X style' chase sequence, but it ended up on the cutting room floor. That's why there's that one chapter where he chases you for like 10 seconds into a cutscene and it's paced so oddly. I strongly feel there was more to that moment but they decided not to repeat a 'chase-type' enemy for part 4 remake and cut it out.

Top Bottom