• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just ordered pizza over the net...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Really old, this has been going on since the late 90s.

(I've never done it, I've been tempted, though.)

demi

I am pretty hungry right now...

And on a cold ass snow day like today, why would I bother calling or getting it myself? INTERNET ROX

Actually, you are all wrong! It was Papa John's. Not the greatest pizza, but they are the best locally.

Last time I ordered from them, they were advertising that they took orders online. I was kind of curious how it all worked out.. so.. here I am. A very strange experience.

Although I could definately grow to like this. The people on the other end, working at these joints are often not masters of communication. They really can't screw up an order if it comes from a computer, right?

Oh and I know this is old, I've heard about it before. I was more curious how this reflects upon me personally. Not trying to break news here.

This was fun doing it the first time, but where I am we only have Papa Johns capable of delivery, and they don't have very many online specials, and when they do they're hardly appealing. So I'm usually stuck with phone orders. D: I wish I could do it more often simply because I hate talking with the people on the phone and having to constantly repeat information like my address and phone number. Or having to seal with them never asking me about what crust size I want (why do they always forget?). Ordering online just gets everything done right,

Tarazet

Red Mercury said:
Actually, you are all wrong! It was Papa John's. Not the greatest pizza, but they are the best locally.

Last time I ordered from them, they were advertising that they took orders online. I was kind of curious how it all worked out.. so.. here I am. A very strange experience.

Although I could definately grow to like this. The people on the other end, working at these joints are often not masters of communication. They really can't screw up an order if it comes from a computer, right?

Oh and I know this is old, I've heard about it before. I was more curious how this reflects upon me personally. Not trying to break news here.

No shit?? I do have a Papa John's locally. I'll try that out sometime.

I got an e-mail about ten min ago saying it would take around 45 min. So we shall see how long it actually takes. The e-mail itself seemed pretty much auto-generated so I imagine the time could vary, and that the 45 min thing is more just a generic wait time.

Although all this talking about it has made me very hungry.

Nester

I've ordered Pizza online from Papa Johns a number of times a couple years ago, never had a problem. Seemed like a good setup but I prefer calling in and asking about specials they may not be advertising on the website that suit my specific needs at the time. (More people, less people, looking to get some free cheese sticks, etc.)

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Ordering online rules. Here at school we have a big menu site that has a bunch of local places that take online orders. In fact, my roommates and I did it tonight for some D.P. Dough (which sucked, by the way). They almost always have the best deals over online and it comes at pretty much the same time as calling and ordering. Plus, as said, it's really hard for the restaurant to fuck up. Calling is for suckas!

Tarazet

Phoenix said:
I've done Papa Johns a few times. The downside is now they send me 'special' every other day!

You don't have a "spam" email you use for things like insurance quotes, contests, and signups?

AirBrian

Mmm...Pizza the Hut...

pizzahut.jpg

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
funny story...

i was visiting some friends at college, we were hammered, and at 2am we decided we wanted papa johns. no one wanted to call, so i said to order online. i already had an account made at papa john's website from ordering from home...so i went on there, ordered the pizza.
2 hours later it didn't come, so we said fuck it and went to sleep/passed out.
Well, my drunk ass still had my home address in there. So the order was sent to my house 2 hours away, where my roommate was apparantly at home.
when i got back in a few days he's like "dude, someone ordered pizzas for us friday night. what the fuck is that about?"
"uh, i dunno man...what jerks"

:lol thats is pretty funny. I noticed how it just defaulted to the address I had put in for signing up and was curious if that ever happened.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Red Mercury said:
Am I officially a hermit now?

Problem is, they can mess it up just as easily if you had ordered over the phone. Heh. :lol

And no, you're not a hermit, unless you never leave the house most of the time.

If I wasn't married, I would probably be more of a hermit myself.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Papa John's is one of two chain pizzas I'll willingly eat. It's not saturated in grease to mask shitty cheese, and the complimentary pepper in the box kicks my ass.

Phoenix

sonarrat said:
You don't have a "spam" email you use for things like insurance quotes, contests, and signups?

Generally I just avoid all of the above :) Its not a biggie since I can block their domain. Since i control the mail server I know the source of the email based on the name. If I get papajohns@blah.com from someone other than them...

doncale

Banned
don't laugh at me. I have never ordered PIZZA online before. I gotta try this. any recommendations?

I know you could order pizza online since like the late 90s. I never have. I feel so ashamed :lol

miyuru

Yeah I've been ordering pizza online for a loooooong time, can't remember the last time I actually called for pizza. +1 Pizza 73, definitely pioneers with this sorta thing, at least here in Edmonton. It's as fast as calling it, in the end the order is put through to the nearest pizza outlet. You do realise that when you call a pizza place, usually a call center will receive your call and relay your order elsewhere, so this is sorta the same thing w/ no real middle man other than the website.

I did not know that about the call centers actually. I always assumed since each pizza joint out here has a seperate number, even if they are the same chain, that when you call that number you were getting that actual building. Not horribly suprised that they would fed out calls like that though. Would lighten the load on one location if it was getting slammed.

AS for my tag, I love it like it was my brother. (And I got it just before christmas so it was like a special little GAF present.) Keep reading the last book and then dig up the old thread we had on it. Always interested to hear some other views on how everything goes down.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
In the UK, you can order dominos online, via text message on your phone, or on your TV by pressing the 'red' button to bring up the interactive services.

All they need now is a way to let the pizza guy in without having to stand up.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry but true Pizza lovers wouldn’t eat Pizza hut or dominoes.

Find a nice local place that makes good wood fired pizza and if you picked the pizza up it would cost about the same as a shit pizza delivered.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do The Mario said:
Sorry but true Pizza lovers wouldn’t eat Pizza hut or dominoes.

Find a nice local place that makes good wood fired pizza and if you picked the pizza up it would cost about the same as a shit pizza delivered.

But its cold outside. Wah wah wah....

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
sonarrat said:
Damn, I wish there was still a Domino's around my neck of the woods. Pizza Hut is a miserable substitute.

o_O
I know neither Pizza Hut nor Dominos are the upper echelon of good pizza (that is found in Old Forge, PA) but I've never had a good Dominos pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom