• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I like one woman that doesn't seem to like me. Her coworker seems to like me. Ribbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Yeah the autistic comment was a low blow, OP.

I don't think you should see her as an "autist" just because she wasn't listening to you...if that's what I got from what you said.

She's autistic because she's uncomfortable around the guy that's creeping on her with kebab and the sad part is it's making her more attractive to him...

your-resistance-only-makes-my-penis-harder.jpg

dokish

Banned
Well, this escalated quickly. I was not expecting this to blow up. I'm in a hurry this Sunday. I will make a few comments. if I "omitted" any information, is for the reasons the user shois (or something) mentioned. Also I wanna thank him for the awesome posts. I like the way you write. Also the guy with double nickname. Booble something.

I kinda regret doing this thread, it was unnecessary, but I like GAF reactions and opinions.

A few comments were unsettling and I can see how some people would react the way they did.

@regarding the autism, which seems to be the most controversial thing here, let me clarify: I'm not the one who made the connection between being autistic and vulnerable. I suppose a lot of bad news that were posted here on GAF made the imagination of some of you wander around. She's my style because she is odd, awkward - she moves in a funny way. That's her charm. I meant to say she demonstrates some autistic behavior. This does not she is one or I think she is one. It's a way to describe people. "Shows signs of paranoia", "Show signs of OCD". I studied Psychology for 3 years and that's how I describe people. English is not my main language. I'm not american, we are not in America and there's no tips here. There is nothing wrong to say "she shows autistic behavior". Behavior it's a state you are in the moment. Is not permanent.

I guess because the lack of information, you guys naturally filled the gaps. No one was "pushed" to me.

I mentioned A because she is the older staff and knows me more. The other ones I just met recently. I was talking to A, and they all came out of the kitchen to talk to me, because I was talking in their native language. B was the one who showed indicator of interest the most.

Holy_Chic

Banned
'i studied psychology for 3 years guys so im an expert, meaning its okay that i make stupid comments when describing other girls and my creep behavior' ???

dokish

Banned
Booble here.

Which reasons, specifically? Because he listed like, 6 of them.

reasons could also be:
Because he was drunk and forgetful
Because he simply didn't realise the relevance
Because he typed up his opening quickly without thinking through everything that might be important
Because some quirk of his memory meant the info was not available.
Those.

People will certainly distort this information the way they want but FYI: Her personality is relevant if I like her, yes or no? I attended seminars and studied ABA therapy and my specialty is Behavioral Analysis, so of course would be relevant to mention that about her. I worked with autistic children before.

dokish

Banned
However one might feel about how the word should be used, that's your personal belief and I'm not gonna try to alter that. That's the term used among the community, like it or not. Watch any lecture of clinical cases and that's how patients are described ("b-but she's not you patient, mimimi~").

I clarified. From now on I will address other, more relevant comments.

Okay, again - if you're such a student of human behavior, why are you even asking an anonymous gaming forum for advice on which of these pizza-shop employees you should pursue.

You've attended seminars and your specialty is Behavioral Analysis. Plus you've worked with autistic children. I don't understand why you need online support on this after all the groundwork you've laid with the kebabs and the high-fives.

HORRORSHØW

However one might feel about how the word should be used, that's your personal belief and I'm not gonna try to alter that. That's the term used among the community, like it or not. Watch any lecture of clinical cases and that's how patients are described ("b-but she's not you patient, mimimi~").

lol she's a patient now. 병신. yeah, she'd probably tell you the same if she knew that's how you describe her.

dokish

Banned
Okay, again - if you're such a student of human behavior, why are you even asking an anonymous gaming forum for advice on which of these pizza-shop employees you should pursue.

You've attended seminars and your specialty is Behavioral Analysis. Plus you've worked with autistic children. I don't understand why you need online support on this after all the groundwork you've laid with the kebabs and the high-fives.

I don't have open access to her life. Our interactions are also limited by her work.

But I agree with you.

Honestly the thread was opened by impulse.

Mods can lock it.

I just remembered. One day I stopped by pretty drunk, I wrote in a piece of napkin to C: "I know I'm just a stranger, but would you like to crab a burger some time?" - she laughed, ran and apparently showed her coworkers (I couldn't her them). This was 2 or 3 weekends ago.

Wait, what?

Rembrandt

Banned

she's not your patient, though. don't dismiss the most important point. do you really say somebody is exhibiting paranoid behaviors instead of saying they're just paranoid or something? you sound like a hassle to be around and pretentious as hell.

She's autistic because she's uncomfortable around the guy that's creeping on her with kebab and the sad part is it's making her more attractive to him...

your-resistance-only-makes-my-penis-harder.jpg

I was going to applaud your use of a Words Worth pic but then I realized it was Outer Stories so you get nothing.

Wazzy

Banned
You would think clarifying would help your case in regards to calling her autistic and yet, you only sound like more of a creep. She's not your patient.

SeanR1221

'i studied psychology for 3 years guys so im an expert, meaning its okay that i make stupid comments when describing other girls and my creep behavior' ???

I have my masters in psychology and that's not how anyone talks.

OP, yes, socialization is one of the core deficits of autism.

But keep in mind, I think a lot of people would react the same way to a high fiving kebab giving customer. I know I would and I'm not autistic.

ito007

I mean no matter how you justify it clearly the word "autistic" has shock value in here (and most other places I'm sure). Anyways so it's been asked before in here but I'll ask it again. What in the heck is "sequel experience"?

If they're in Korea, the story makes a whole lot more sense. I could see that being the way a girl who was actually interested might behave.

From what I remember, it's fairly difficult to find kebabs there. Is the pizza place in Itaewon?

freddy

Banned
Ask B out for something to eat next time you see her and forget about C if it fails because you don't really like her.

HORRORSHØW

If they're in Korea, the story makes a whole lot more sense. I could see that being the way a girl who was actually interested might behave.
please elaborate. i'm korean, and my gf who is also korean, who love to know how the girl's behavior hints at interest because she's korean. aside from the OP's offensive descriptors, we find his general creepiness to be universal, transcending cultural boundaries.

Tenck

Grimløck;136984324 said:
please elaborate. i'm korean, and my gf who is also korean, who love to know how the girl's behavior hints at interest because she's korean. aside from the OP's offensive descriptors, we find his general creepiness to be universal, transcending cultural boundaries.

Excuse the lack of links since I'm dealing with a headache and it's about to be 4am here.

Yes you have the creepiness factor correct. He's been in Korea for a bit and it's not just because he wants to study there. He's got an obsession with Korean women.

He'd link to pictures he'd be taking at a coffee shop, and it was random women just hanging around there. More specifically their legs. He also posted a picture while he was walking down the street. The camera was literally around his thigh taking pictures of random women and aimed at their legs. The excuse was "It was an accident."

He's pretty much the reason I stopped visiting the K Pop thread here on Gaf.

His whole reasoning for finding it fine to take picture of random women was because the K Pop thread is filled with pictures of the members from groups. Which is ridiculous because the girls in groups are used to that kind of stuff. Random women not so much. I'm sure he's got a collection stashed somewhere with more pictures of women who don't agree with being privately photographed.

Grimløck;136984324 said:

Well one girl who I eventually dated for a bit would do stuff like hide her face in her hands when she saw me. As it turned out, she was very interested.

I'm not saying this is necessarily what's happening here.

HORRORSHØW

Excuse the lack of links since I'm dealing with a headache and it's about to be 4am here.

Yes you have the creepiness factor correct. He's been in Korea for a bit and it's not just because he wants to study there. He's got an obsession with Korean women.

He'd link to pictures he'd be taking at a coffee shop, and it was random women just hanging around there. More specifically their legs. He also posted a picture while he was walking down the street. The camera was literally around his thigh taking pictures of random women and aimed at their legs. The excuse was "It was an accident."

He's pretty much the reason I stopped visiting the K Pop thread here on Gaf.
WOW. thanks for the heads up. he sounds a little like my yellow-fever friend, except exponentially creepier.
Well one girl who I eventually dated for a bit would do stuff like hide her face in her hands when she saw me. As it turned out, she was very interested.
right. not a behavior that's exclusive to korean women.

Jezbollah

Let's play some role reversal here.

B: Sigh.. its been a rough shift so far. Can't wait till I get out of here
C: Don't worry, it wont be long till it's over. Just think of the pay
B: Yeah, I know. I just think we're better than this. And the pay sucks. I want a better life for me and my boyfriend
C: Yep. Oh, wait up, here comes Dokish
B: Oh god, not him. Is he walking this way?
C: Of course he is. He loves us!
B: He loves you... Because you give him attention. He creeps.. me.. out..
C: Oh don't be like that. He's just being friendly.
B: Friendly? He buys us food when we make pizza?! Seriously. I'm scared of him and the way he looks at me.
C: Oh come on. Having pizza all the time isn't healthy is it? Besides, it's clear he's not just here for food!
B: Well, please keep him away from me. I don't know how you do it with these creepy customers
C: It's all about customer service. Treat him the same as the other customers - with a smile! And besides, as A said, there's always "that" line.
B: I'm just going to stand over here out of the way..
C: Don't worry, I'll take care of him. As usual.
B: Thank you.
C: "Hi Dokish, how are you today?"

Neidii

I'm sorry but as a woman this is some creepy ass shit
This. I have come to the conclusion that op is creepy and awkward and thinks he's cooler than he is. Also calling someone autistic? No she's not autistic she's just not into you at all.

Shaneus

OK, straight to the point. There's this place I go. I was talking to the woman in the counter, let's call her A. I was asking about B, the woman I really like. She's 100% my type and it's rare to find someone like her. While I was trying to engage in conversation with B, her coworker, C, came out and started chatting to me.
Don't put the pussy on a pedestal. You've already lost. She's not unique, she's not whatever goddess-like woman you've projected onto her.

Edit:
However, B, even though my type, didn't showed any interest in me. She is a little bit odd. She behaves a little bit autistic. She doesn't establish eye contact for more than seconds (more out of shyness than rudeness) and her words are short. She always hide behind something when talking with me and lowers her head. Like I make her feel uncomfortable, but I sense it's more her being socially awkward then thinking me as a burden.
Wow.

Edit #2: I've just read the rest of the thread. Yikes. I hope those girls have "Find My iPhone" enabled for when they don't return home from work one night.

Scotch

When I worked retail, we'd get these customers who would just come 'hang out' for hours on end. They were the worst, and all shared the characteristic of being unable to take a hint or understand nonverbal communication. Avoiding eye contact and being curt was all I could do.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
this is a white guy and asian girls thread isnt it -_-

HORRORSHØW

When I worked retail, we'd get these customers who would just come 'hang out' for hours on end. They were the worst, and all shared the characteristic of being unable to take a hint or understand nonverbal communication. Avoiding eye contact and being curt was all I could do.
you're probably autistic.

Zombine

Banned

B: Yeah, I know. I just think we're better than this. And the pay sucks. I want a better life for me and my boyfriend
B: Friendly? He buys us food when we make pizza?! Seriously. I'm scared of him and the way he looks at me.
C: Oh come on. Having pizza all the time isn't healthy is it? Besides, it's clear he's not just here for food!
B: Well, please keep him away from me. I don't know how you do it with these creepy customers
C: It's all about customer service. Treat him the same as the other customers - with a smile! And besides, as A said, there's always "that" line.

dead2.gif

Jasup

So basically they want to avoid any unfortunate incidents by being polite, nice and playing along a bit. They're trying not to be too confrontational as, because they don't know you, they don't know how you'll react.

Or what you think is happening is really what's going on ant they really like you. It's possible, albeit based on the posts here I'd say it's improbable. I met one of my ex's when she was a employee in a place where I was a regular customer, so I know it happens sometimes. But usually it's just employees trying to deal with creepy customers making awkward advances without too many problems.

jesu

A: Why does Dokish never high five me.

Jarmel

Banned
Just ask C out. Chances are extremely high B has absolutely no interest in you. I'm willing to bet money C is going to reject you but at some point you gotta take the plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom