• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I liked the PS5 at first. But now-because of these 2 things- I REALLY like it!

Faithless83

Banned
I've had the PS5 for 3 days now and I dig it.

I dug it 5 minutes after I plugged it in. It's very cool. No doubt it's a great system.

However, after the first 2 days, I expected- like all new tech- the 'wow, this is so new and cool!' feeling would start to fade. And it did. No problem. Always occurs.

But even with that, I found myself-even with a number of games I'm loving on PC right now (PRODEUS is amazing!!!)- unable to stop going back to the PS5.

So I was curious why.

Demon's Souls and Sackboy are great games, but I'd played lots of games like them before. Why were these particular games- for me at least- so damn sticky?!?

And then I realized: OHHHHH, it's THESE 2 things that are keeping me glued to my PS5!

So, you know, I made a video about it.

As one does :)...

EDIT:

Oh lord, some of y'all. HERE

#1- Trophy system on cards is a game changer.
#2- SSD when it comes to putting you back into hard games after death is a game changer.

Bye.

Hey, remember when I said that the PC>XSX>PS5 statement wouldn't age well?
Good times.

betrayal

Banned
Imagine feeling attacked because someone posts a video with their own opinion on the internet.

The title of the video is clearly a clickbait. But the content reflects exactly what the video title promises. So it's totally okay.

I think people who get upset here are the type of people who click on videos where tits are promised in the thumbail and in the video title, even though there are no tits in the video. This can be quite frustrating for some.

Last edited:

Griffon

"You wont believe the 2 reasons I like my PS5!!!!!! Click on my youtube channel to know more!!"

Seriously OP that's the best you can do? Especially when the TLDR is Trophy UI and SSD. God damn this is really huge right.

Randum

Neo Member
I appreciate this insight on launch week- if you guys recall - remember the quality of life difference for the Xbox 360 vs the Ps3 back at launch and what a pain in the butt that was? No in game messaging, and joining games through the XMB didn't exist, no voice chat support- all those little things DO add up, so in the end, this observation is appreciated!

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Oi Mr davidjaffe davidjaffe you absolute weapon.

Stay a Playstation fan, will you? Don't go the dark side... I for one welcome your input here for many nights to come as we enjoy our PS5s together.

I appreciate that, sir.

However, I have a shiny new Xbox Series X on the way that should be here by Dec 23rd (they say). And I'm a MEGA Gamepass fan so I have every assumption I will enjoy that box as well.

I'm 49 years old. I've been gaming since I was 6. I love games and interactive entertainment. If it's good, I'll play it, wherever it exists. The idea of caring what box of plastic and metal I play on seems better left to 11 year olds on a playground :).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
When Bloodborne first came out there was a very long wait to get back into the action after you died. I love these games, so I build myself up to where I'm in a state of "1 life left, better be on my guard". This is especially the case when you've advanced far enough until you feel like there's some sorta boss ahead. You die and its like losing your last life in Sonic or Mario. You have to start all over again.

I sometimes game in the moment because I have kids. Bloodborne fixed that later on with an update. Its much faster if you play Bloodborne today. I definitely understand why it means so much. Its like booting up a PC and it taking 6-8 minutes to boot to Windows. Pop in a SSD and loading your OS is like 5-6 minutes. This is so much more noticeable coming from a console. A console is a whole other platform.

I spent a good part of the weekend playing Demon's Souls and my wife is playing AC on her PS4. It took her a good couple minutes to boot up and get to the start screen. I could have launched the PS5 and started remote play before the game loaded on her console. I about said something, but she wants her own PS5 down the road. I almost mentioned it, but I think she felt like it was bashing the limitations of the PS4.

A lot of these comments are uncalled for. It is a game changer, especially if you don't want to play on PC.

Last edited:

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Does Drawn to Death make use of the PS5 boost mode btw?

Nope. Drawn to Death is no longer active, sadly.
It got bad reviews and while there is a fan base that loves it, many Players did not.
But you win some, you lose some, right?
I imagine you've had just as many successes as failures in the creative work you've put out and sold to the world, right?
So you know what I'm talking about, eh? Yeah, man, it's a tough racket sometimes. But that's what it's like playing in the big leagues, right?
Cause you know all about that like I do, right?
NICE, pal! NICE!

Ps5ProFoSho

You morons that are saying *clickbait* realize this isn't just some dumb kid excited about his new pwaystation5 right? No respect. Go back to 4chan jealous Xboys

Last edited:
Yup. The snappiness and quickness of both consoles is mind blowing. Respawns into a checkpoint after death are near instant. Game maps that used to lag and take some time to load in are instant. Menu's are extremely snappy with zero lag. This is BYE FAR the best generational leap ever....and to think the true "next gen" games are probably 2 years out makes it even more exciting

The Snake

You morons that are saying *clickbait* realize this isn't just some dumb kid excited about his new pwaystation5 right? No respect. Go back to 4chan jealous Xboys

I mean-- he literally made a topic about two features, hyped them up in a paragraph, and then went "surprise, check out my Youtube video if you want to find out!" It's quite literally the definition of clickbait lmao

Mr Branding

Hello Mr. Jaffe. Thank you for the spiked collumns in Hades.

I watch your content regularly and you seem to have a pretty balanced and fair pov on things. Keep going strong and disregard the hate

Last edited:
I mean-- he literally made a topic about two features, hyped them up in a paragraph, and then went "surprise, check out my Youtube video if you want to find out!" It's quite literally the definition of clickbait lmao

"Clickbait, a form of false advertisement, uses hyperlink text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content, with a defining characteristic of being deceptive, typically sensationalized or misleading." - In other words, I really hate all of you right now.

Ps5ProFoSho

He's also not some wanna be youtuber looking for likes or views. I think he's doing okay...

Elcid

Banned
I'm 100% with you on the trophies and SSD.
I wasn't planning on trophy hunting anymore, and yet here I am pursuing a platinum in Spider-Man, Sackboy, and Demon Souls.

Have you tried Demon Souls with the Pulse headset yet? It's pretty life changing.

Edit:
Funny fact, when I first played Demon Souls, every time I died, I'd dread the loading screen out of memory alone, then before I could finish the thought I was alive again. Took me like 10 hours to get over that :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Raven117

I kinda liked the long load times in Demon's Souls. To me, it was almost a meditative experience to sit there and stew about what happened, or think through what you did wrong. Also, it made dying that much worth. (Plus, the load screens and text in Demon's had a dream like quality to them, which was awesome).

I feel for ya Jaffe. It has to be tough to have every miss (or even something perceived as a miss), be ridiculed on the internet by idiots. Add that with the stakes riding on big games, and that is an exceedingly stressful situation.

I kinda liked the long load times in Demon's Souls. To me, it was almost a meditative experience to sit there and stew about what happened, or think through what you did wrong. Also, it made dying that much worth. (Plus, the load screens and text in Demon's had a dream like quality to them, which was awesome).

I feel for ya Jaffe. It has to be tough to have every miss (or even something perceived as a miss), be ridiculed on the internet by idiots. Add that with the stakes riding on big games, and that is an exceedingly stressful situation.
I completely agree with what you said, and it pains me that loading screens will become a thing of the past.

I wish the devs gave players an option to enable loading screens for nostalgia purposes and, like you said, contemplate on how to "git gud".

Raven117

I completely agree with what you said, and it pains me that loading screens will become a thing of the past.

I wish the devs gave players an option to enable loading screens for nostalgia purposes and, like you said, contemplate on how to "git gud".
Yeah, I mean, in some games, it drives me nuts. Strangely, the Souls games never were one of those.

Sit there and Git GUD!

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. Drawn to Death is no longer active, sadly.
It got bad reviews and while there is a fan base that loves it, many Players did not.
But you win some, you lose some, right?
I imagine you've had just as many successes as failures in the creative work you've put out and sold to the world, right?
So you know what I'm talking about, eh? Yeah, man, it's a tough racket sometimes. But that's what it's like playing in the big leagues, right?
Cause you know all about that like I do, right?
NICE, pal! NICE!
What the hell brought upon that response? All he did was ask if the game used boost mode.
Industry rumor seems to be true, you really are a cunt.

A.Romero

I'm kind of old school so I prefer reading than watching videos. I appreciate that you put what your points were as part of the post making watching the video optional.

I've been using and SSD on PC for a few years now and it's definitely a game changer. I can't wait to see more games taking advantage of it now that it will probably be a baseline feature in the next few years.

I'm not really into trophies so the other feature doesn't really mean much to me but I can see it being useful in other scenarios. For example, for a fighting game where you want to see how a combo is executed. I hope something like that gets to PC too. I'm getting a PS5 at some point but I prefer to play my games on PC and fighting games are usually multiplat.

What I'm really curious about is the Dual Sense controller. I'm a sucker for cool input devices.

Top Bottom